German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
CHL Import draft:

Max Bleicher selected 21st overall by Owen Sound and Norwin Panocha selected 26th overall by Prince Albert.
Looks like Panocha might go for a change of scenery, as things did not really work out well in Chicoutimi last season.

35th overall Noah Samanski to Wenatchee, Carlos Händel selected 43rd overall by Halifax.

And with the last pick Saskatoon selects David Lewandowski.

Will be interesting to see who will go the CHL route. Anybody with inside info, please feel free to share or give us a hint.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgfan66

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
CHL Import draft:

Max Bleicher selected 21st overall by Owen Sound and Norwin Panocha selected 26th overall by Prince Albert.
Looks like Panocha might go for a change of scenery, as things did not really work out well in Chicoutimi last season.

35th overall Noah Samanski to Wenatchee, Carlos Händel selected 43rd overall by Halifax.

And with the last pick Saskatoon selects David Lewandowski.

Will be interesting to see who will go the CHL route. Anybody with inside info, please feel free to share or give us a hint.
I don’t know for sure but from what I’ve heard and already seen:

Bleicher, Panocha, Händel, Samanski will go. Lewandowski will start the year in Düsseldorf and leave if he isn’t getting ice time (which I feel will be within the first month or two of the season).

Reactions: Maverick41

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don’t know for sure but from what I’ve heard and already seen:

Bleicher, Panocha, Händel, Samanski will go. Lewandowski will start the year in Düsseldorf and leave if he isn’t getting ice time (which I feel will be within the first month or two of the season).

I was/am hoping Bleicher will go, because staying in Füssen (and I really like that club) is just not gonna help him at this point. He should have enough skill to make it, but as we all know it's not just about the skill, there are other factors that will determine whether these kids will succeed. The same is true for Händel and eventually Lewandowski.

Panocha, I was expecting to return home, but I am glad he gets another chance with a new team. Hopefully he can get back on track, because from watching him later in the season compared to the start of it, he almost looked like he regressed in some areas of the game. He certainly did not improve much.

Samanski is the one I have watched the least, so it is difficult for me to know what to expect. Of the group he is the one I have the lowest expectations for, but then again, he wouldn't be the first one to prove me wrong. Usually I have been wrong about kids going the USHL/College route (Sturm, Michaelis, Napravnik), but I also underestimated some guys going to the CHL, although not lately. But some years back I never thought Uvira or Abeltshauser would find any success in those leagues.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
but as we all know it's not just about the skill, there are other factors that will determine whether these kids will succeed.
Yeah, like skating. Kid can’t skate.

Samanski is the one I have watched the least, so it is difficult for me to know what to expect. Of the group he is the one I have the lowest expectations for, but then again, he wouldn't be the first one to prove me wrong. Usually I have been wrong about kids going the USHL/College route (Sturm, Michaelis, Napravnik), but I also underestimated some guys going to the CHL, although not lately. But some years back I never thought Uvira or Abeltshauser would find any success in those leagues.
Don’t underestimate the age factor. He’ll come in as a 19-year-old, which is honestly the perfect time for most Germans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad