German football season 2023/24

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Upa can't stand playing for TT so much that he's trying to assist Köln on an equalizer :laugh:

Rough for Köln, but that was such a Müller goal.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Losing Gnabry & Coman in back to back games could make it a lot tougher for Bayern to get past Arsenal, but TT did start Tel today. So maybe he will do the smart thing in that second leg?

Kane
Tel - Musiala - Sane
Goretzka - Pavlovic
Mazraoui* - lol - de Ligt - Kimmich
Neuer

*or Raphael​
Muller in for Musiala and Guerreiro for Mazraoui

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Will be interesting how BVB lines up against Atleti. If Haller can't go do they start Mouki up front? Does Malen start over Adeyemi or Sancho? Terzic can't start Nmecha over Brandt again, can he? And will Hummels get the start after a break in this one, or is he just out of gas?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Muller in for Musiala and Guerreiro for Mazraoui

Some day I'll figure out what you have against Musiala lol. Guerreiro vs Mazraoui is a toss up, but Mazraoui is better defensively and I think I'd rather start him...bringing Raphael on if I needed an offensive boost from that FB spot or the 8.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Damn, the other game I was thinking about watching was Mainz-Hoffenheim and looks like the Mainzer have turned that one around behind another goal from Burkardt...who's now up to 4 goals & an assist in his past 6 games for the relegation candidates.

Mainz secured a win 4-1 over Hoffenheim; with Joni (Burkardt) assisting Gruda on the 3-1 after having scored the equalizer...bringing him up to 4 goals + 2 assists in his last 6 since coming back from that illness. Mainz is now just 1 pt behind Bochum for 15th.

I really hope they make it...without us taking their place...because I really want to see what Burkardt, Gruda, and Weiper can do together over a whole season. Just like I'm curious to see how Martel, Finkgräfe, & Thielmann can develop together for Köln next season.

If Bochum could do everyone a solid and join Darmstadt in the auto-relegation spots by losing the rest of their games, that would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Will be interesting how BVB lines up against Atleti. If Haller can't go do they start Mouki up front? Does Malen start over Adeyemi or Sancho? Terzic can't start Nmecha over Brandt again, can he? And will Hummels get the start after a break in this one, or is he just out of gas?

As Adeyemi got sent off today and will be suspended in the BL, it would make sense for him to start in the CL.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Maatsen, Ryerson and Hummels got rest today just because of the three games in 6 days, not necessarily because of running out of gas.

Malen should be a lock if he's fit, but all of Sancho, Adeyemi and JBG can be the best option for LW on any given day.

I honestly can't tell if I'd start Füllkrug or Moukoko if Haller can't play. Do you want the player who hasn't been in form for a while, or the one who hasn't really played at all for a while? :dunno:

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As Adeyemi got sent off today and will be suspended in the BL, it would make sense for him to start in the CL.

I also feel like he's been in good form, while Malen's been banged up the past few weeks. So Adeyemi & Sancho would be my guess, but Malen had been on a roll before getting banged up...6 goals + 2 assists in his last 7 BuLi matches. So I wonder if Terzic starts him as long as he's fit.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Some day I'll figure out what you have against Musiala lol.
He's looked most of the games this like he's low on iron. Remember I put him on left wing in my starting lineup for Germany, so it's not like I hate him, I was just expecting a lot more after last year.

I think Mazraoui is quite trash at right back, wouldn't even think of playing him out of position.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Maatsen, Ryerson and Hummels got rest today just because of the three games in 6 days, not necessarily because of running out of gas.

Malen should be a lock if he's fit, but all of Sancho, Adeyemi and JBG can be the best option for LW on any given day.

I honestly can't tell if I'd start Füllkrug or Moukoko if Haller can't play. Do you want the player who hasn't been in form for a while, or the one who hasn't really played at all for a while? :dunno:

That would makes sense. It's just hard not to worry after how awful Mats was against Madrid. That wasn't quite Upa v City bad, but it was definitely troubling.

With Sancho & Adeyemi having played so well in the first leg and Malen still working his way back, I lean towards bringing him & JBG on the bench to run at tired defenders...but I can understand if he's an auto-start for Terzic this ruckrunde.

In general, I'd opt for Füllkrug in that scenario...but watching that first leg, I felt like the game was screaming out for Mouki's mobility & skill in that spot and was even wondering if Malen could be brought on for Nic if Mouki wasn't showing enough in training.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's looked most of the games this like he's low on iron. Remember I put him on left wing in my starting lineup for Germany, so it's not like I hate him, I was just expecting a lot more after last year.

I think Mazraoui is quite trash at right back, wouldn't even think of playing him out of position.

He definitely hasn't been as good as last year, but he's still a more consistent source of danger than Müller. Especially against higher level opposition. Sane (before the Austria red) was creating more danger than Jamal in that creative band, but that's it.

Fair enough. I trust him defensively way more than I do Guerriero, but he's definitely an offensive downgrade from Raphael or Davies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That would makes sense. It's just hard not to worry after how awful Mats was against Madrid. That wasn't quite Upa v City bad, but it was definitely troubling.

With Sancho & Adeyemi having played so well in the first leg and Malen still working his way back, I lean towards bringing him & JBG on the bench to run at tired defenders...but I can understand if he's an auto-start for Terzic this ruckrunde.

In general, I'd opt for Füllkrug in that scenario...but watching that first leg, I felt like the game was screaming out for Mouki's mobility & skill in that spot and was even wondering if Malen could be brought on for Nic if Mouki wasn't showing enough in training.
I think I would start Sancho, both Adeyemi and JBG can bring some trouble to tired defenders later on with their speed. In general I think it's criminal how little time Terzic has given JBG since Sancho's return but yeah, he'd be more useful as a sub against Atletico.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How have St. Pauli not conceded yet? Elversberg is really taking it to them.

Have you seen that poachers goals Muller just scored against Koln? His experience is going to be more valuable.
Rough for Köln, but that was such a Müller goal.
I did. Have you seen Musiala's goals? He's scored 3 times as many as Müller. His talent & gravity are much more valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad