German football 2020/21

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There had been a lot of confusion about why Dahoud had seemingly been completely dropped from Dortmund's squad.

It was reported today that in early January Terzic and Dahoud had a training ground row. It's apparently now been patched up, but I doubt Dahoud plays any further big role for Dortmund. They might let him leave this winter.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There had been a lot of confusion about why Dahoud had seemingly been completely dropped from Dortmund's squad.

It was reported today that in early January Terzic and Dahoud had a training ground row. It's apparently now been patched up, but I doubt Dahoud plays any further big role for Dortmund. They might let him leave this winter.
Send him to us; Maxi can teach him to be a worldclass wildcard.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Send him to us; Maxi can teach him to be a worldclass wildcard.

And he was just starting to play well towards the beginning of this season. I'd much rather offload Delaney than Dahoud. Delaney/Can are redundant, and Delaney between the two of them is the one that lacks the extra bit of quality. He always struggles in the big games because the best players are able to outclass him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can't even be mad at that equalizer. Beautiful finish from Plea.

Luthe concussed himself on Knoche's hip and now we have to rely on Karius, ugh...

Man, if Teuchert had just a bit more talent he could've become a Kruse/Stindl. Instead, he's just a working-class-Uth.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I was just going to comment on Schalke's keeper coming up with an absolute cracker of a save from a header..only for them to concede moments later. To be fair, it had been coming. Schalke are a bad, bad team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It wouldn't have helped them deal with our early pressing & defensive organization, but I keep wondering what Gladbach would look like using a back 3 when they face the elite teams.

Bensebaini & Elvedi would be just perfect as outside CBs, skilled, mobile & strong; great at building up from deep and able to push forward to break pressing schemes. Ginter as the aerially dominant anchor in the middle, slinging passes around the pitch as crisply as he ever has. And Zakaria ready to be deputized in the back three.

With Hofmann, Lainer & Lazaro to march up & down the flanks, there shouldn't be an issue providing width. While Hofmann, Zakaria, Neuhaus, Kramer, & the kids (Kone / Benes / Reitz) to fill the midfield pivot/trio, and Plea, Stindl, Thuram, Embolo & Wolf for the attack, would be excellent depth in front of that back 5.

I'm thinking something like:
Thuram - Plea
Stindl
Hofmann - Zakaria - Neuhaus - Lainer
Bensebaini - Ginter - Elvedi
Sommer
----------------------------------
Thuram - Plea
Lazaro - Hofmann - Zakaria - Lainer
Neuhaus
Sommer

Bench:
Embolo, Wolf, Lazaro/Stindl, Herrmann, Kramer, Kone, Benes, Beyer, Jantschke​

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tobias Stieler is a bad referee. It seems like every game he referees he manages to make himself the main controversy in the game.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If anyone was sleeping that long most people would fairly conclude they're dead. ;)

Honestly, Essen probably should at least be in the 3.Liga with a view to get some time in the 2.Liga but beyond that I think the train has left the station. Half their fans are Dortmund fans in the BuLi.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Essen was almost dead. Thanks to help from the city, they were able to survive and have now regained their strength. Now RWE has the most spectators in the RL and maintains a fan friendship with BVB and Werder. That's why RWE fans like to go to BVB games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That ball just wanted to keep bouncing into Wamangituka's path :laugh:

Unfortunate start, but that's what Stuttgart can do if you let them.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It wouldn't have helped them deal with our early pressing & defensive organization, but I keep wondering what Gladbach would look like using a back 3 when they face the elite teams.

Bensebaini & Elvedi would be just perfect as outside CBs, skilled, mobile & strong; great at building up from deep and able to push forward to break pressing schemes. Ginter as the aerially dominant anchor in the middle, slinging passes around the pitch as crisply as he ever has. And Zakaria ready to be deputized in the back three.

With Hofmann, Lainer & Lazaro to march up & down the flanks, there shouldn't be an issue providing width. While Hofmann, Zakaria, Neuhaus, Kramer, & the kids (Kone / Benes / Reitz) to fill the midfield pivot/trio, and Plea, Stindl, Thuram, Embolo & Wolf for the attack, would be excellent depth in front of that back 5.

I'm thinking something like:
Thuram - Plea
Stindl
Hofmann - Zakaria - Neuhaus - Lainer
Sommer
----------------------------------
Thuram - Plea
Lazaro - Hofmann - Zakaria - Lainer
Neuhaus
Sommer