German football 2020/21

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And then in prospects circles, Hervin Ongenda who beat every scoring youth record.
And Garra Dembele who was supposed to be a crazy good striker.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'm no BvB supporter, but I have to admit: I am excited.

and with English subtitles.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern is starting to run into a lot of injuries in those defense and midfield positions. Lucas Hernandez now injured to add to Davies, Kimmich, and Tolisso. Sule and Pavard are just back from injury, as well, and may not be match fit. I don’t think you can rely on Javi Martinez for regular minutes anymore. They might have to give one of the kids some minutes.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I'm watching Gladbach, and they're like a knockoff version of a really good team. If everyone of their players was playing as the best version of themselves they'd be a title contender, but alas in reality it's a decent team with moments of magic and a lot of head-scratching moments too.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
With little more luck and WERDER could win this game. Despite i am satisfied. This season WERDER is much better!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He didn't say german, did he?

Touche, misread his post...thought his 'can't remember anyone this hyped' statement was directly connected to his comment about Moukoko's potential importance to the NT; especially since that comment can clearly be countered by pointing too Messi. Though I suppose teenage Leo may have been before he started following the sport, and so outside of his memory.

Yeah, I dunno too much about Renier prior to his arrival in Dortmund. But he doesn't seem to be adapting to german football too well and one of the german papers wrote about BVB & Real discussing ending the loan early, a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't hate this lineup for BVB, though I'd play that 11 as a 3-1-4-2 or 3-4-1-2. Don't want Reus thinking he's supposed to help build-up/create. Let him play right off of Haaland and leave that stuff to Brandt, Dahoud, Witsel & the back 5.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I see the BVB players are trying to force Favre into making an offensive substitution by trying to set Hertha up for the opener...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't hate this lineup for BVB, though I'd play that 11 as a 3-1-4-2 or 3-4-1-2. Don't want Reus thinking he's supposed to help build-up/create. Let him play right off of Haaland and leave that stuff to Brandt, Dahoud, Witsel & the back 5.

I’m fuming at it right now. Favre is so inept.

It stems from this idea that Can must always play when fit, and because Akanji has been good recently and he’ll never drop Witsel, back 3. But Meunier sucks as a RWB. Already made key errors. Reus really has zero business playing, even despite the three guys on the bench were on international duty.

And the bench is even worse. Favre likes Passlack way too much. It’s a joke that he’s ahead of Morey in the pecking order. Morey should arguably be starting over Meunier. Then he puts Schulz on the bench, whose useless. He also uses Passlack on the left before Schulz, so it’s a wasted spot. It’s not like that guy will play, but I’d much rather Morey or Reinier than Schulz.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m fuming at it right now. Favre is so inept.

It stems from this idea that Can must always play, and because Akanji has been good recently and he’ll never drop Witsel, back 3. But Meunier sucks as a RWB. Already made key errors. Reus really has zero business playing, even despite the three guys on the bench were on international duty.

Favre's fine, your players have just been sloppy to start this match & Hertha are staying really compact/disciplined thus far.

Akanji looks good & has played some really nice passes already; while Witsel has been one of the few BVB players who hasn't made multiple sloppy decisions/taken multiple sloppy touches...at least to this point.

Reus can no longer help in the build up/creation, but he's still a good poacher playing off of Haaland...and it's not like Reyna or Sancho have been tearing it up lately.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Meunier is a problem at RWB, I wonder if Brandt or Dahoud couldn't fill that spot. They're not quite as fast/dynamic of runners as you'd like in a wing back, but tick a lot of other boxes for when BVB can't hit teams on the break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad