OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's better if the person asks first before taking pictures but when you're a celebrity you kinda have to deal with that stuff on a daily basis and you can't lose your temper like that. Plus , Conor has had anger/aggression issues in the past so he's got a bit of a rep, he has to be way smarter than that.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
So McGregor got arrested last night, because he smashed the cell phone of a guy who took a picture of him at 5am. I think you should be legally allowed to smash the phone of someone who takes a picture of you without your consent.

There are cameras everywhere taking your picture while you're in public. Good luck with that philosophy.

This is just Conor generating some drama on demand for his brand.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I don't really mean Connor specifically, but someone taking pictures or videos of you specifically where you can be recognize without your permission should be recognized as some kind of agression. The times have changed.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So apparently Tony Ferguson has gone full crazy.

On Feb. 19, police conducted a welfare check on Tony Ferguson after he made unknown threats, and his wife and son left their house, according to a separate police report. Police spoke to an unidentified female who stated Tony Ferguson had “not slept for three days and was tearing apart the home” and “broke apart the fire place and believed someone placed a (computer) chip in his leg.” An unidentified male who’d called the police said the fighter had told him “someone was inside his walls.” Nearly two hours after the police made contact, Cristina Ferguson told police her husband’s trainer couldn’t get him to leave the house to see a doctor.

Tony Ferguson's wife files restraining order after multiple police visits to home

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Spence Jr vs Garcia

If any of you guys like a bit of boxing, this match should be very good on paper.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Why does UFC go to Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, etc... but no longer Montreal?

I understand no GSP to sell tickets but it’s cerrone and Iaquinta in Ottawa so...

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Why does UFC go to Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, etc... but no longer Montreal?

I understand no GSP to sell tickets but it’s cerrone and Iaquinta in Ottawa so...

Last time they came to Montreal very little people showed up. With the sport popularity now in the province, they make way more money in Montreal than any other city not named Toronto.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They did massive business in Montreal in the past but my guess is that Dana feels they need a local star to really sell the place out. There's no one that fits the bill right now.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Last time they came to Montreal very little people showed up. With the sport popularity now in the province, they make way more money in Montreal than any other city not named Toronto.

They did massive business in Montreal in the past but my guess is that Dana feels they need a local star to really sell the place out. There's no one that fits the bill right now.

It's a little crazy, it will soon be 4 years since they've been to Montreal.

Since then though:

May 4th, 2019 Ottawa
Dec 8th, 2018 Toronto
Oct 27th, 2018 Moncton
Jul 18th, 2018 Calgary
Dec 16th, 2017 Winnipeg
Sep 9th, 2017 Edmonton
Feb 19th, 2017 Halifax
Dec 10th, 2016 Toronto
Aug 27th, 2016 Vancouver
Jun 18th, 2016 Ottawa
Aug 23rd, 2015 Saskatoon
April 25th, 2015 Montreal

It's obvious Toronto has replaced Montreal as THE Canadian location in the UFC's eyes but Montreal was a mainstay for years. To this day Montreal has had more UFC events than any other Canadian city with 7.

Only Las Vegas(120), Atlantic City(9), Rio De Janeiro(9) and London(11) have more worldwide. Anaheim, Denver, Newark, Sao Paulo are tied with Montreal.

It's odd because they were in Montreal at a time when they were doing 20 events a year, now they do 40 and they haven't stopped by in 4 years. I'm very much aware Montreal's numbers were based on GSP but I'm surprised we can't even get a Fight Night event anymore.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It's a little crazy, it will soon be 4 years since they've been to Montreal.

Since then though:

May 4th, 2019 Ottawa
Dec 8th, 2018 Toronto
Oct 27th, 2018 Moncton
Jul 18th, 2018 Calgary
Dec 16th, 2017 Winnipeg
Sep 9th, 2017 Edmonton
Feb 19th, 2017 Halifax
Dec 10th, 2016 Toronto
Aug 27th, 2016 Vancouver
Jun 18th, 2016 Ottawa
Aug 23rd, 2015 Saskatoon
April 25th, 2015 Montreal

It's obvious Toronto has replaced Montreal as THE Canadian location in the UFC's eyes but Montreal was a mainstay for years. To this day Montreal has had more UFC events than any other Canadian city with 7.

Only Las Vegas(120), Atlantic City(9), Rio De Janeiro(9) and London(11) have more worldwide. Anaheim, Denver, Newark, Sao Paulo are tied with Montreal.

It's odd because they were in Montreal at a time when they were doing 20 events a year, now they do 40 and they haven't stopped by in 4 years. I'm very much aware Montreal's numbers were based on GSP but I'm surprised we can't even get a Fight Night event anymore.

If TKO can do multiple events a year, Montreal will soon be back in ufc's good graces. I know Dana himself is following what's happening with TKO. Montréal could easily come back as the main city for ufc in Canada. It just did extremely bad last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad