OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The Knockout didn’t look that bad. Hope that nothing too serious happen to Superman.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I dont like Stevenson but this is terrible and it's always sad to see stuff like that happen

Hoping for a full recovery. He,s superman he can come back from this

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
If Fury took his conditioning seriously, he'd be almost impossible to beat. The technique and that sweet, precise jab of his... Impressive fighter.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I disagree. I thought Wilder won. He was pushing the pace most of the fight and he got two knockdowns.
Fury definitely won some rounds but gave more to Wilder.

Hitting air is not pushing the pace. He ended up with a 20% landing percentage.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
If Fury took his conditioning seriously, he'd be almost impossible to beat. The technique and that sweet, precise jab of his... Impressive fighter.

He move quite well for a guy his size and he's very good at slipping punches. Aside from the 2 kockdown he avoided most of Wilder attacks.

That said i think both Wilder and Fury lose vs Joshua. Josh is just a beast

Reactions: PhysicX

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd go so far as to say Fury moves exceedingly well for a 6 ft 9 guy . He's got a surprisingly good motor too for someone who's got a reputation for being a disinterested athlete at best. By all logic he should be a lumbering giant like Nikolai Valuev was ( I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: PhysicX

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It was my first time watching Fury fight, I was very impressed. So fluid and coordinated for a guy his size.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

There's no way anyone could have watched that fight attentively and came to the conclusion Wilder won more rounds. I had it 8 - 4 Fury, but could have had it 9-3, I was looking for rounds to give to Wilder, so I think I actually gave him n extra round potentially, but for at least 8 rounds there was no doubt who won them.

Reactions: TRG

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There's no way anyone could have watched that fight attentively and came to the conclusion Wilder won more rounds. I had it 8 - 4 Fury, but could have had it 9-3, I was looking for rounds to give to Wilder, so I think I actually gave him n extra round potentially, but for at least 8 rounds there was no doubt who won them.

Well I did, and so did a judge, so not everyone saw it your way, clearly.
You're not even suggesting this to be a close fight...you say Fury dominated him...lol...not even close to what transpired.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pushing the pace means he was the one most on the attack, Fury was in defense mode through most of the fight. Hit or miss is irrelevant to this.

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Pushing the pace mans he was the one most on the attack, Fury was in defense mode through most of the fight. Hit or miss is irrelevant to this.

Weird fight to score for sure. Fury took wilder to school for most of the fight and got clipped two times.

Its certainly a reason why MMA is on the rise and boxing is in freefall. I watched GGG getring robbed twice so nothing is surprising when it goes the distance. Not that a draw was fair but I've seen worst decisions considering the knockdown, those judges were rubbing their hands for a moment like that, whether they were on the payroll or not.

It was entertaining and props to fury for making a successful comeback.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weird fight to score for sure. Fury took wilder to school for most of the fight and got clipped two times.

Its certainly a reason why MMA is on the rise and boxing is in freefall. I watched GGG getring robbed twice so nothing is surprising when it goes the distance. Not that a draw was fair but I've seen worst decisions considering the knockdown, those judges were rubbing their hands for a moment like that, whether they were on the payroll or not.

It was entertaining and props to fury for making a successful comeback.
I don't think Fury schooled anyone. I think he lost a very close fight.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I don't think Fury schooled anyone. I think he lost a very close fight.

Well it's a draw, which fury should have won. Saying wilder should have won ...well i never saw that coming... You just knocked me out. Lol

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well it's a draw, which fury should have won. Saying wilder should have won ...well i never saw that coming... You just knocked me out. Lol

Again, I felt Wilder was mostly the one attacking. He was definitely less accurate, but I also have my doubts on the precision of the computer date. CompuBox has Wilder land 1 punch out of 31 in 10th round. I rewatched that round and already halfway through, I'm counting 3.

Personally, I always value the attacker more and I thought Wilder did more of that. Count in the 2 knock downs. Close call, slight edge to Wilder.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Well I did, and so did a judge, so not everyone saw it your way, clearly.
You're not even suggesting this to be a close fight...you say Fury dominated him...lol...not even close to what transpired.

It was a boxing clinic from start to finish, that is exactly what transpired. Oh no, not the corrupt judge, we've never seen this before in professional boxing. Fury outclassed him the entire fight.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It was a boxing clinic from start to finish, that is exactly what transpired. Oh no, not the corrupt judge, we've never seen this before in professional boxing. Fury outclassed him the entire fight.
You're right, the ENTIRE fight, especially the two times he got layed down. He did show Wilder how to get knocked down very well.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Again, I felt Wilder was mostly the one attacking. He was definitely less accurate, but I also have my doubts on the precision of the computer date. CompuBox has Wilder land 1 punch out of 31 in 10th round. I rewatched that round and already halfway through, I'm counting 3.

Personally, I always value the attacker more and I thought Wilder did more of that. Count in the 2 knock downs. Close call, slight edge to Wilder.

Wilder couldn't hit anything. Fury produced great defence. Had his name been floyd mayweather everyone would write home about how great he was. But He's a foreign ex-junkie who had mental health issues so he was easy to rob. We've seen worst.

Was your card 115-111 wilder too ?

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I can't fathom Wilder winning by 115-111.

I understand if some judge who was biased had it at say:

2 10-8s for Wilder, 2 other rounds won giving him 112 and Fury getting 114 or so. Hell, even if the best case scenario had an extra round for wilder which gives 113-113.

113-113 actually happened but that's the furthest I can go and I'm being generous. 115-111 is comical. 113-113 seems like a stretch to me as is.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wilder couldn't hit anything. Fury produced great defence. Had his name been floyd mayweather everyone would write home about how great he was. But He's a foreign ex-junkie who had mental health issues so he was easy to rob. We've seen worst.

Was your card 115-111 wilder too ?
I had more event, but look at the 10th round again and tell me Wilder landed only one punch.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I can't fathom Wilder winning by 115-111.

I understand if some judge who was biased had it at say:

2 10-8s for Wilder, 2 other rounds won giving him 112 and Fury getting 114 or so. Hell, even if the best case scenario had an extra round for wilder which gives 113-113.

113-113 actually happened but that's the furthest I can go and I'm being generous. 115-111 is comical. 113-113 seems like a stretch to me as is.

Spot on.

I have the exact same view on it. I can explain the draw (113-113) because I understand its in the US and wilder is the champ he knocked him down two times... Like I said we've seen worst but 115-111 wilder is just laughable.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I had more event, but look at the 10th round again and tell me Wilder landed only one punch.

Ok so he landed 3 ? Ok good i believe you. I don't know how that's supposed to convince me about having wilder winning the bout. You saw what you saw... But like Lyricallyricist a 113-113 draw is already a strech to me.

What's your round by round card ?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Well this was a bit like GSP vs Hendricks in the sense that technically GSP won the fight on pts but Hendricks landed the more damaging shots of the fight.

Same here. Technically Fury won on pts but Wilder landed the most damaging punches + the 2 knockdowns

So im fine with a draw. 115-111 Wilder is a bit ridiculous though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad