Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Who do we think is our next Menell? Someone who will arise from relative obscurity to become a legitimately good prospect.

I think Hunt seems like a safe bet to outperform his draft position. But that’s not a very bold prediction as most are high on him.

Hentges’ numbers are impressive but I haven’t watched him enough to say anything about his NHL prospects.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who do we think is our next Menell? Someone who will arise from relative obscurity to become a legitimately good prospect.

I think Hunt seems like a safe bet to outperform his draft position. But that’s not a very bold prediction as most are high on him.

Hentges’ numbers are impressive but I haven’t watched him enough to say anything about his NHL prospects.
I thought Nesterenko was good at last years prospect camp. Thought he looked pretty good for his start at BC.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I thought Nesterenko was good at last years prospect camp. Thought he looked pretty good for his start at BC.

I was going to go with Nesterenko as a dark horse as well as Hentges. Both are still long shots to crack an NHL line-up, but have shown some promising signs and are worth keeping our eyes on.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Menell was also undrafted (and Spurgeon was unsigned).

Warren is a good bet (top 60 prospect that fell). I'm curious about Guskov, but I feel like he'll be like Cliff Pu.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m hoping for a big WJC from Boldy. He can do it too. He’s been great, showing improvements in a number of areas. Particularly, his shot and acceleration look a lot better, he’s even starting to use his body to dominate.

Reactions: MNRube and AKL

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Nesterenko off to a hot start. Hope he keeps it up.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boldy Goal 1:

Don't have clips of the other goals. One of Boldy's was a shorty too.

Gotta love having players who have options in such a situation... great passer, great shot, neither the defender or goaltender committed to either of his options knowing he could utilize both. The defender probably should've picked a particular poison, ai the goaltender could've as well... either way, great shot.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Nice! Also from the newest Russo thing, sounds like boldy was part of a trade if and only if, Askarov was still there.... so not going to Florida to swoop Lundell.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Boldy off to WJC camp today. We'll likely see him playing with Turcotte and Caufield on Team USA's top line.

Team Canada is loaded this year and I'm convinced that despite the top end talent of Team USA's first and 2nd lines, they'll be leaning on their goaltending and defense to keep them in games.

Sanderson - Helleson
York - Faber
Johnson - LaCombe

I think it's safe to say that Team Canada has probably one of their strongest teams of all time (even without Lafreniere).

Their size is going to be a big problem for a lot of teams. Tack on the skill and they should win this tourney pretty easily, on paper. Can't wait till Dec. 20th.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I remember somebody last year during development camp saying they were impressed by our 6'2" forward. They checked the billing expecting to see "Boldy", but where that should be it said "Nesterenko". Really glad to see that poster's vision paying off for the Wild. And the Eagles I guess.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Boldy off to WJC camp today. We'll likely see him playing with Turcotte and Caufield on Team USA's top line.

Team Canada is loaded this year and I'm convinced that despite the top end talent of Team USA's first and 2nd lines, they'll be leaning on their goaltending and defense to keep them in games.

Sanderson - Helleson
York - Faber
Johnson - LaCombe

I think it's safe to say that Team Canada has probably one of their strongest teams of all time (even without Lafreniere).

Their size is going to be a big problem for a lot of teams. Tack on the skill and they should win this tourney pretty easily, on paper. Can't wait till Dec. 20th.
I hope Boldy doesn't get stuck playing with Caufield.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You and me both. Caufield is empty stats city. Unfortunately they're pretty thin down the right side of the forward lineup.
Boldy has been playing the right side for BC. Pair him up with Zegras and one of Kaliyev/Robertson. Let the floating smurf drag someone else down

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Boldy has been playing the right side for BC. Pair him up with Zegras and one of Kaliyev/Robertson. Let the floating smurf drag someone else down
Yea Robertson - Zegras - Boldy would be deadly.

Robertson is a great forechecker and he's got a motor on him with some sand paper to his game. Would be a handful for opposing teams.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad