OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I suggest trying it out for a month if you're curious, because it does has it own pros and cons. I find the interface clunky and took me a bit to get used to. It can get choppy if the bandwidth is slow. Getting fiber to the house cleared most of that up for us.

We have to sideload it though a firetv stick or apple tv box. We haven't been able to load it directly to a smart tv.
I'm not sure how far we can get into this, but there are standalone devices that make it easy. Costly up front for convenience. I've used one and the UI sucks though, you're right.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not sure how far we can get into this, but there are standalone devices that make it easy. Costly up front for convenience. I've used one and the UI sucks though, you're right.

We've used it on and off for a couple of years: iptv in the winter, netflix in the summer.

Reactions: Wild11MN

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Fixed it for you.
Our Chipotles are fine for a quick bite. I have no idea what the hell you guys do for Mexican food, but it was bad.

We went to a Mexican restaurant, can't remember the name and it had PREGO SAUCE FOR THEIR SAUCE.

Your city traumatized my wife.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Our Chipotles are fine for a quick bite. I have no idea what the hell you guys do for Mexican food, but it was bad.

We went to a Mexican restaurant, can't remember the name and it had PREGO SAUCE FOR THEIR SAUCE.

Did you go to Frog Town? If not, you probably went to some generic "Mexican" restaurant.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

So, a Texan travels to Minnesota, which is farther north than parts of Canada, and is surprised that the Mexican food is not good?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Vietnamese food might be pretty good. I know a lot of them moved down to the Gulf after emigrating, and got into the shrimp fishery.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, a Texan travels to Minnesota, which is farther north than parts of Canada, and is surprised that the Mexican food is not good?
There is good Mexican food in the north. It's globalization! I've had good Mexican food north of the Mason-Dixon line before! I'm just surprised at how bad this place was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad