OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
This requires some high level sleuthing (is that an english word?) I believe it has something to do with eggs, no? And f*** my ass if there is Mayo in it, then I'm really the fool of this board eternally.
Sorry!
If you post the ingredients we can give you our best guess as to what the equivalent would be here.

And yes, I believe sleuthing would be an appropriate word to describe what you were doing.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
If you post the ingredients we can give you our best guess as to what the equivalent would be here.

And yes, I believe sleuthing would be an appropriate word to escribe what you were doing.
Ok, here goes: (reading from the stupidly formed tube)
Rapsoil, tomato pureé, eggs, cucumber, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices (garlic, cinnamon, coriander), mustard seed, onion, paprika, cayennepepper.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Ok, here goes: (reading from the stupidly formed tube)
Rapsoil, tomato pureé, eggs, cucumber, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices (garlic, cinnamon, coriander), mustard seed, onion, paprika, cayennepepper.
Oh man, I have no f'in clue.

I guess the closest might be Thousand Island Dressing?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’d rather just eat at an actual restaurant for the price you pay for fast food now, at least here in the states.
Free fries Friday at McDonald's is the only time to eat fast food. Get free medium fries, then get buy one and get one for $1 McChicken sandwiches, you spend only $3.50 while saving $4.80. At today's prices, that's a fricking steal no matter where it is.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Free fries Friday at McDonald's is the only time to eat fast food. Get free medium fries, then get buy one and get one for $1 McChicken sandwiches, you spend only $3.50 while saving $4.80. At today's prices, that's a fricking steal no matter where it is.

McDonald's food tastes really good when it's going down...but I feel like I'm going to die about 30 minutes after.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It used to be when I was younger. Not so much anymore, since I probably eat fast food once every few months or so.
I'm not saying anything you or anyone else doesn't already know, but that is a good thing. If you thought it tasted good before, during, and after eating, your body is clearly used to it. It also means you're probably sitting on another 40 lbs of fluffiness.

Whenever I have a soda or sweets, I almost spit it right out because of the sugar.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I LOVE a Hardees hot ham and swiss but it does not love me back. Fast food in general is a lot harder on my system since I started 100% WFH in 2019. I just don't eat it much anymore.

ETA: I do still love a Shamrock shake in March though.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I LOVE a Hardees hot ham and swiss but it does not love me back. Fast food in general is a lot harder on my system since I started 100% WFH in 2019. I just don't eat it much anymore.

ETA: I do still love a Shamrock shake in March though.
I've worked from home since late 2019 as well, and I'll be honest, I love eating out and can definitely still handle it with my stomach, but making food the way I like it is way more delicious and healthy, and that's hard to beat. I cook fast enough now that it's quicker and more convenient, too. Cheaper, too. So what edge does eating out/fast food have?

I've never done a Shamrock shake, but I stopped drinking alcohol, mostly. Sometimes I miss a good beer with a pizza or burger on a hot day, but otherwise I enjoy the home cooking better.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
I've worked from home since late 2019 as well, and I'll be honest, I love eating out and can definitely still handle it with my stomach, but making food the way I like it is way more delicious and healthy, and that's hard to beat. I cook fast enough now that it's quicker and more convenient, too. Cheaper, too. So what edge does eating out/fast food have?

I've never done a Shamrock shake, but I stopped drinking alcohol, mostly. Sometimes I miss a good beer with a pizza or burger on a hot day, but otherwise I enjoy the home cooking better.
Gotta do a half shamrock and half chocolate shake. SO good.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

Sounds like you are the role model I need for eating better in general but I do feel good about cutting out fast food.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm not saying anything you or anyone else doesn't already know, but that is a good thing. If you thought it tasted good before, during, and after eating, your body is clearly used to it. It also means you're probably sitting on another 40 lbs of fluffiness.

Whenever I have a soda or sweets, I almost spit it right out because of the sugar.
Haven't had a soda since 2017.
I drink a low sodium v8 in the morning, purified water most of the day... maybe a glass of skim milk when i get home from work.
Of course, when I get home from work at the end of the week? a nice glass of scotch. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BigT2002

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Haven't had a soda since 2017.
I drink a low sodium v8 in the morning, purified water most of the day... maybe a glass of skim milk when i get home from work.
Of course, when I get home from work at the end of the week? a nice glass of scotch. ;)
Not going to lie, I LOVE the low sodium V8

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad