General OT Thread #31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
TV is soooo good right now it's ridiculous. Hard to get out of the house with all the catching up I need to do. Especially from Sunday nights. :laugh:

Love Hell on Wheels but hate that it's on Saturday now. Hard to see it live...

Agreed. I forget who said it, I think it was Patton Oswalt, but I agree with whoever -- I look forward to Sunday night TV like I used to look forward to Friday night movies. So many good things on between 7 and 10. Will probably have to get the Hopper eventually to record everything once I can't juggle everything between DVR and HBO GO anymore. #firstworldproblems

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think they had to move Hell on Wheels to Saturday cause they're trying out that new AMC show on after Breaking Bad. Haven't started the new season yet but I plan on watching them soon.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
First day today at the new college. Hope I'll get to know some people :laugh:

Ps. Happy birthday tyratoku & IHaveNoCreativity!

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Happy Birthday to everyone who has/had it. :)

I believe there will be a fantasy hockey league or two again when the season is starting.

Billy Mays Here*

Guess I should start learning about Fantasy Sports. Never done it before but Fantasy Hockey sounds fun.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Fantasy hockey is annoying...you have to set your roster for every day of the week and constantly monitor it. Football is the perfect sport for fantasy.

If it's anything like Fantasy Baseball, you should be able to change the settings to let managers set their lineups on a weekly or daily basis. I run with Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and we have our lineups set weekly so they are locked in for the week after Sunday night. I would think that option would be available for Hockey as well, but not sure if you would be using Yahoo or if that would be a Yahoo-exclusive feature.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If it's anything like Fantasy Baseball, you should be able to change the settings to let managers set their lineups on a weekly or daily basis. I run with Yahoo Fantasy Baseball and we have our lineups set weekly so they are locked in for the week after Sunday night. I would think that option would be available for Hockey as well, but not sure if you would be using Yahoo or if that would be a Yahoo-exclusive feature.

No, hockey has weekly too. But most of us who were in Puhis' league last year wanted daily, so we had to go through some shenanigans to get that fixed.

I'm think I'd like to run a daily-roster, categories league. Anyone think they'd be interested? I want to try that one since last year I only got to try straight up points.

Billy Mays Here*

I uhh realized just how sad my life is, well actually no.

I have about 3 friends, probably 2, maybe 1... Could be 0.

But that's it, everyone else is a fraud or just pretended to be.

Not trying to be mean here but come on man, lighten up. You're always on here complaining about something.

I'm 20 years old myself and I will admit that I'm a nerd. I don't have many friends, I've never had a girlfriend, and I don't get out much, but I don't let that get me down. There's plenty of time for that stuff yet and I'm not worried. Don't think as much about what problems you have and just live how you want, regardless of what other people say (though I guess that includes me too :laugh:). Try focusing more on stuff that you enjoy. In my case that's hockey, gaming, and watching good movies.

Are you in college or any kind of educational institution right now?

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
No, hockey has weekly too. But most of us who were in Puhis' league last year wanted daily, so we had to go through some shenanigans to get that fixed.

I'm think I'd like to run a daily-roster, categories league. Anyone think they'd be interested? I want to try that one since last year I only got to try straight up points.

Sounds cool. Mark me down as interested.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Not trying to be mean here but come on man, lighten up. You're always on here complaining about something.

I'm 20 years old myself and I will admit that I'm a nerd. I don't have many friends, I've never had a girlfriend, and I don't get out much, but I don't let that get me down. There's plenty of time for that stuff yet and I'm not worried. Don't think as much about what problems you have and just live how you want, regardless of what other people say (though I guess that includes me too :laugh:). Try focusing more on stuff that you enjoy. In my case that's hockey, gaming, and watching good movies.

Are you in college or any kind of educational institution right now?
You've got a great attitude.

You're right, I do complain on here too much.

I know someone who complains too much, I hate it. He's rubbed off on me.

I feel down about it, and forget that people have it worse.

I'm really sensitive about the GF thing, never had one, some of my friends have... Most have actually. I gotta make it happen.

I start school Monday...

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm really sensitive about the GF thing, never had one, some of my friends have... Most have actually. I gotta make it happen.

And with that attitude, you're never going to have one, either.

Don't force yourself into thinking "I gotta have a girlfriend", because then your heart is not true. Even if you find a gal who's somewhat your type and you decide to hook up with her, that line of thinking is going to get you into trouble. Eventually, you'll start regarding her as a status symbol and a necessity, and value the relationship itself more than the person you're in that relationship with.

I've been single for what, 4 years and counting. I've had short runs, like one or two-night flicks and such during that time but I've never been really popular. People generally think I'm "the nice guy" with "a little weird sense of humor" and "the walking encyclopedia". I have maybe 3 or 4 proper, close friends and sometimes I feel like someone has either betrayed me or broken their promise. It feels like ****, especially when I don't have many people around me whom I can trust. But you know what? I'm happy. I'm not saying that I don't want to be popular or more attractive, of course I do. That doesn't mean that I should take too much pressure from not being either of those. I am who I am, and I should keep it this way because it's better than trying to be someone I'm not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't pretend to be something you're not just in order to get someone you don't need. Keep it real and let your heart guide you.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
And with that attitude, you're never going to have one, either.

Don't force yourself into thinking "I gotta have a girlfriend", because then your heart is not true. Even if you find a gal who's somewhat your type and you decide to hook up with her, that line of thinking is going to get you into trouble. Eventually, you'll start regarding her as a status symbol and a necessity, and value the relationship itself more than the person you're in that relationship with.

I've been single for what, 4 years and counting. I've had short runs, like one or two-night flicks and such during that time but I've never been really popular. People generally think I'm "the nice guy" with "a little weird sense of humor" and "the walking encyclopedia". I have maybe 3 or 4 proper, close friends and sometimes I feel like someone has either betrayed me or broken their promise. It feels like ****, especially when I don't have many people around me whom I can trust. But you know what? I'm happy. I'm not saying that I don't want to be popular or more attractive, of course I do. That doesn't mean that I should take too much pressure from not being either of those. I am who I am, and I should keep it this way because it's better than trying to be someone I'm not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't pretend to be something you're not just in order to get someone you don't need. Keep it real and let your heart guide you.

This. If you look for it, you'll never find it. It just has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad