Providence Bruins General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
While we wait for the assist on Steens goal let's discuss the game
Impressive pushback from our young lineup, they were getting run out of the building and second and third period they gave as much as they got
Lagace another strong game
Almost time to free Bjork
Lauko with "4th line" minutes but played both PP and PK
Real solid win

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
While we wait for the assist on Steens goal let's discuss the game
Impressive pushback from our young lineup, they were getting run out of the building and second and third period they gave as much as they got
Lagace another strong game
Almost time to free Bjork
Lauko with "4th line" minutes but played both PP and PK
Real solid win

Bjork looking good? Most deserving of first promotion among forwards? Would it be Urho on D? Should be a great year at the dunk.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
My Game #3 thoughts:

-- Bjork was once again the best player on the ice.
-- Lauko was the second best player. He was hustling all night and looked more confident with the puck.
-- Hughes was also good. He would've gotten higher marks if he scored on the penalty shot.
-- Zboril's best game of the season. He was solid at both ends of the ice and used his speed on a few nice breakouts.
-- Senyshyn's best game as well. He drew two penalties, had two good scoring chances in the slot, and screened the goalie on Bjork's goal.
-- Zech just looks like a NHL player.
-- Urho had two assists but I didn't think it was his best game defensively and he was sloppy with a couple passes.
-- Frederic didn't stand out much to me.
-- Same goes for Studnicka aside from one partial breakaway that he got stopped on.
-- I was ready to say the same about Steen until the last shift where he scored the GWG.
-- Paul Carey was downright bad tonight.
-- They really need to work on their PP. They can start by getting Petrovic and Lantosi off of it.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
My Game #3 thoughts:

-- Lauko was the second best player. He was hustling all night and looked more confident with the puck.
-- Hughes was also good. He would've gotten higher marks if he scored on the penalty shot.
-- Zboril's best game of the season. He was solid at both ends of the ice and used his speed on a few nice breakouts.
-- Senyshyn's best game as well. He drew two penalties, had two good scoring chances in the slot, and screened the goalie on Bjork's goal.
-- Urho had two assists but I didn't think it was his best game defensively and he was sloppy with a couple passes.
-- Same goes for Studnicka aside from one partial breakaway that he got stopped on.
-- I was ready to say the same about Steen until the last shift where he scored the GWG.
-- They really need to work on their PP. They can start by getting Petrovic and Lantosi off of it.

Honestly...Why and Why? Like who the f*** is Lantosi on the PP over?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
My Game #3 thoughts:

I was going to add some more thoughts this morning but you covered it nicely
interesting rumor yesterday about the Bruins putting in a claim for Colby Cave,I would think Boston would rather move a contract one for one for him but we'll see around noon what happens

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I look to see how Bjork and lauko do.. I have no interest anymore in senyshyn and Frederick

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I was going to add some more thoughts this morning but you covered it nicely
interesting rumor yesterday about the Bruins putting in a claim for Colby Cave,I would think Boston would rather move a contract one for one for him but we'll see around noon what happens

i would agree with you - a trade/moving a contract makes much more sense. don't
see a spot for him in boston, but he'd be a nice guy to have down there.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Thought Bjork and Senyshyn looked great last night, although Zach (again) had nothing to show for it on the scoreboard.

Rochester pushed Providence around a bit last night, nothing too egregious but Leach may want to have a Woods or Breen (if healthy) in the lineup next time.

Petrovic continues to be miscast as some type of offensive threat. His shot is weak and he looks pretty stationary out there. There are better options at the point on the PP.

Carey had a bad game; he’ll bounce back today.

Patience is key with Steen. He may be that right shot RW has been searching for, but let him excel in the AHL before bringing him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad