Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I wasn't particularly optimistic when I saw the lineup. Between the injuries and the call-ups, this roster is a shadow of the one we saw play so well throughout the year. With that said, I thought the Bruins were the better team overall through the first two periods. They were done in by three awful defensive breakdowns that turned into goals.
-- The big dogs need to play better or this is going to be a short series. Merkulov, Richard, Megna, Brown, and Mitchell did not perform up to their standards. That needs to change.
-- Jimmy Lambert was Prov's best player. Kudos to him for stepping up his game but that tells you all you need to know about how the rest of the crew played.
-- I said weeks ago that Mougenel simply cannot play Walsh and Callahan together in the playoffs. Lo and behold, they were on the ice for 3 (!!) even strength goals against tonight (Callahan/Mitchell was on for the 4th).
-- Harrison being scratched for the likes of Arseneau says a lot about what the coaches think of his game.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hope Senyshyn has a great career overseas and makes some money for himself. It was never his fault where he got drafted. Seemed like he did everything right in Providence, Bruins scouts and Sweeney's ego messed it up.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Senyshyn was a solid junior player. Kid had pro written all over him. Big jump to the NHL. Hard to live up to expectations. We see lots of junior players put up big numbers and falter quick in pro. Having the right coaching helps greatly in developing players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hope Senyshyn has a great career overseas and makes some money for himself. It was never his fault where he got drafted. Seemed like he did everything right in Providence, Bruins scouts and Sweeney's ego messed it up.
Keith Gretzky took him out solo for lunch day before draft - by fate we sat next to his mother day 1 and then rest of week at DC. My daughter was his sisters age - great family. That’s how me and my daughter know 100 % Keith Gretzky came by the house picked him up and took to lunch

Sweeney was GM of Providence and didn’t scout that year because Providence plays Friday to Sunday

I asked Don about Senyshyn before he ever came to Providence and he said they pay scouts to scout and they made the calls on that draft

Dude was there 5 weeks

ego ?

come on folks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One other thing about Sweeney and his ego

A notorious Sweeney hater pm me last year and ran into Sweeney at a college game and said he could not have been nicer

He’s now in my flock

It would be good if people here could be as nice and classy as me and Donny

It’s not hard guys - as the great Greg Allman said ‘change your attitude change your life’

If only Greg didn’t get that tattoo that gave him hepatitis that cut down the Ramblin’ Man far to early

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Right from the opening faceoff the Bruins played like they were the significantly better team all year and put on a clinic. (Hopefully I'll be able to say the same thing tomorrow night).
-- Arseneau and Harrison had arguably their best games all season. Sucks that Arseneau got hurt late on a boarding penalty.
-- Bussi didn't have to be superman but he made a lot of really solid saves and did a good job of not allowing rebounds. He even had to deal with getting bumped a few times.
-- Almost all of the big dogs played much better tonight. Hopefully they are just getting started.
-- I liked Duran's game...he made a bunch of smart plays.
-- I thought Brunet was really good as well.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Matthew Robertson from Hartford had 19 mins in penalties, including boarding and game misconduct, he seems like a real douchebag!.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad