Providence Bruins General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
6-1 end of 2
Refreshing
Kovar, he's above AHL level offensively, I would say NHL skills
Not going to win style points with the Skating purists but he gets it done.
Defensively he's mediocre ,can he play 3rd line center in Boston? Yes I think so but I wouldn't pay him what the Islanders did

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Its time he needs to be called up

Senyshyn's 1st was a goal you would expect from him, power play and showing speed in the open ice. Second was what he needs to do more of, battling in front of the net and puck deflects in off him. He's had a nice game. Hughes has been fantastic. Must have 8 or 9 shots on goal. Kovar looks slow to me. And Colby Cave can center my fourth line anytime.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
6-1 end of 2
Refreshing
Kovar, he's above AHL level offensively, I would say NHL skills
Not going to win style points with the Skating purists but he gets it done.
Defensively he's mediocre ,can he play 3rd line center in Boston? Yes I think so but I wouldn't pay him what the Islanders did

Has Kovar looked more effective than JFK? or Frederick? Center?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Has Kovar looked more effective than JFK? or Frederick? Center?
Yes cause he's 5 or 6 years older
Frederic is getting there,everyone needs to be patient with him
JFK wins faceoffs, lots of them,solid defensively but fades in and out offensively, small build doesn't help

Reactions: DKH and Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Frederic sounds like he needs to relax and realize it’s hockey not boxing....he and Studnicka will soon give Boston their 2nd and 3rd Line big edgy skilled centers

Going to be awesome to see

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Cue the call up Hughes posts...
No but I've always wondered why he gets no attention. I know little but he seems to have played well and put up numbers at all levels. I think one of the three amigos is the only analysts I've heard speak highly of him. On this board he doesn't have supporters like Bjork, Donato and the first round picks get.

Does he have a low ceiling? Poor measurables?

Looked at his numbers again. He had good numumbers with 32 points junior year and then 22 points senior year. 5'11 160. So I guess he'll have to be over and above for a period of time to get a look?

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
9 games in
So far Cave,Blidh Hughes are at a different level,Cave and Blidh the most consistent,Hughes development has been to this point outstanding,another Reilly Smith in the making?

Fitzgerald- Biggest disappointment so far, with most of the vets hurt thought he'd step up this weekend,he didn't,weird how they don't sit him

Senyshen- On pace for over 30 goals,is playing all phases,5v5 is still a bit reactionary and he disappears for long stretches but I'll take it

Frederic- scoring goals,has a physical game,decent in his own zone,needs work at the dot,close.. but not yet

Zboril- whatever they said to him today they need to say before every game,when he plays simple he's good,when he doesn't more times than not he turns into a train wreck

Back to Cave,as we all know, since Sweeney took over, every year he says they will make room for a kid that plays his way onto the roster, well it's time

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
9 games in
So far Cave,Blidh Hughes are at a different level,Cave and Blidh the most consistent,Hughes development has been to this point outstanding,another Reilly Smith in the making?

Fitzgerald- Biggest disappointment so far, with most of the vets hurt thought he'd step up this weekend,he didn't,weird how they don't sit him

Senyshen- On pace for over 30 goals,is playing all phases,5v5 is still a bit reactionary and he disappears for long stretches but I'll take it

Frederic- scoring goals,has a physical game,decent in his own zone,needs work at the dot,close.. but not yet

Zboril- whatever they said to him today they need to say before every game,when he plays simple he's good,when he doesn't more times than not he turns into a train wreck

Back to Cave,as we all know, since Sweeney took over, every year he says they will make room for a kid that plays his way onto the roster, well it's time
Thx for the update, great report.

When you say Seny is playing "all phases" are you saying he`s out there for the PK/PP etc...?

Thx again

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Maybe for the same reason Ryan Donato hasn't been sent down? Local kid, son of a NHLer? You'd like to think it shouldn't matter, but you do have to wonder sometimes.

Reactions: Saxon Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad