RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it's Celebrini in a landslide
I wonder if the 2 BU guys (Celebrini & Hutson) and the 2 BC guys (Gauthier & Smith) split enough of those Northeast bias votes and Jackson Blake sneaks in there. Setting the NCHC single-season scoring record with 37 points in conference play will get him plenty of votes.

Reactions: Chainshot

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I wonder if the 2 BU guys (Celebrini & Hutson) and the 2 BC guys (Gauthier & Smith) split enough of those Northeast bias votes and Jackson Blake sneaks in there. Setting the NCHC single-season scoring record with 37 points in conference play will get him plenty of votes.
It's just good to see Hutson there. I thought he got screwed out of the Hobey Hat Trick last year after he had a season of production at the Brian Leetch level for a frosh.

There's a lot of good choices so it will be interesting. The guy I can rule out off the bat is Colin Graf. Don't get me wrong, I really like him as a player: the motor is always going. He just hasn't had good production against the top tier opponents Quinnipiac has played this year.

I guess I can axe Kyle McClellan as well. Goalies always get screwed in Hobey voting.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Things have crystallized for RIT'S tourney destination should they win tomorrow.

First win
Then if St. Lawrence wins, they"ll head west to play Denver. If not and Omaha wins they'll head west to play Boston University. If not, they'll stay east to play Boston U.

West being either Siuox Falls, SD or Maryland Springs, Missouri. East is most likely Springfield, MA, but could be Providence

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pat Geary took the shot, not sure the goal will be his, but Hamburg is probably hopping tonight with one of their own with the OTGWG to win the Big 10.

Edit - looks like the goal will be his. Good on ya', kid.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They should enjoy themselves! It looks like they are going to be put in the bracket of doom with BU, NoDak and Michigan 😳
I'm guessing it will be BU, Minnesota, Omaha, and RIT in Sioux Falls actually. Little better for bracket integrity. My guess:

Providence:
(1) BC
(8) Wisconsin
(9) Quinnipiac
(16) Michigan Tech

Sioux Falls:
(2) BU
(7) Minnesota
(11) Omaha (host)
(15) RIT

Springfield:
(3) Denver
(5) Maine
(12) Cornell
(14) UMass (host)

Maryland Heights:
(4) Michigan St
(6) North Dakota
(10) Michigan
(13) Western Michigan

Maine/Cornell got switched with NoDak/Michigan to boost attendance in Springfield.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm guessing it will be BU, Minnesota, Omaha, and RIT in Sioux Falls actually. Little better for bracket integrity. My guess:

Providence:
(1) BC
(8) Wisconsin
(9) Quinnipiac
(16) Michigan Tech

Sioux Falls:
(2) BU
(7) Minnesota
(11) Omaha (host)
(15) RIT

Springfield:
(3) Denver
(5) Maine
(12) Cornell
(14) UMass (host)

Maryland Heights:
(4) Michigan St
(6) North Dakota
(10) Michigan
(13) Western Michigan

Maine/Cornell got switched with NoDak/Michigan to boost attendance in Springfield.
This is my best guess too. I can't imagine they'd switch BU's opponent from the 21st pairwise team to the 13th AND basically turn it into a home game for that 13th ranked team (as bullish as I am on this RIT team)

Although the atmosphere for BU-RIT out in SD will probably be lacking, especially if it's the early game.

I had a friend texting me photos of the celebration last night and they broke the trophy. :biglaugh:
Apparently (at least according to a couple members of the team) it was already broken and super glued together when they got it :laugh:

I blame Canisius last year ;-)

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This is my best guess too. I can't imagine they'd switch BU's opponent from the 21st pairwise team to the 13th AND basically turn it into a home game for that 13th ranked team (as bullish as I am on this RIT team)

Although the atmosphere for BU-RIT out in SD will probably be lacking, especially if it's the early game.

Apparently (at least according to a couple members of the team) it was already broken and super glued together when they got it :laugh:

Love that Alkaline Trio song that is your username

Reactions: misterchainsaw

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
NotABadPeriod nailed the bracket.

RIT vs BU at 5:00 ET Thursday

Fun fact: Atlantic Hockey teams who win both the regular season title and the playoff championship are 4-4 in the first round of the NCAA's, playing almost exclusively #1 and #2 overall seeds. That's pretty good. AHA teams are very rarely easy outs in the tournament.

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
And so it stands. I've got BC, Quinnipiac, Denver, Cornell, MSU, Michigan catches ND snoozing, BU...but hoping RIT can pull out the upset and Omaha.

Gentlemen, prepare to be underwhelmed by my half-ass prognosticating abilities!
Screenshot_20240324-192043.png

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Day one pending

2:00: Denver vs UMass
5:00: Boston U. vs RIT
5:30: Maine vs Cornell
8:30: Minnesota vs Nebraska-Omaha

All games on ESPN+ and somewhere on the cable family. My body is ready.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1st game of the tournament is an instant classic. Hopefully RIT can make our day🍻

Double OT and a fully screened Hrabal to get Denver through.

I'd love it if RIT can bump BU in this game. I don't think it's likely, but oh it would be glorious.

...and 3-1 BU. :(

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
No complaints with how RIT played. They could have easily been up 2-0 early. Territorially they were not out of their depth. BU's #2 for a reason. Well played to them. Scored some nice goals, and the 3rd one was a bit of a softie and a backbreaker. Our freshmen class was the first one to get scholarships. I think the program only gets stronger from here.

Too bad our corner crew discord are snowflakes (and I don't just throw that around). Basically got attacked and then banned for explaining to them in the lead up that yes, BU is more talented and it will be an uphill climb, and then during 2nd intermission for daring to say that overcoming a 2 goal deficit against #2 was going to be very tough. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
No complaints with how RIT played. They could have easily been up 2-0 early. Territoraly they were not out of their depth. BU's #2 for a reason. Well played to them. Scored some nice goals, and the 3rd one was a bit of a softie and a backbreaker. Our freshmen class was the first one to get scholarships. I think the program only gets stronger from here.

Too bad their corner crew discord are snowflakes (and I don't just throw that around). Basically got banned for explaining to them in the lead up that yes, BU is more talented and it will be an uphill climb, and then during the game for daring to say that overcoming a 2 goal deficit against #2 was going to be very tough. Pathetic.

Was pulling for RIT having gone there. Good to see them make the tourney and yes, will be better!

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
You know the 4 seed gave the 1 seed a game when the broadcast says their starting goalie was spectacular despite giving up 3 goals (and he was, too. That game is very different if he doesn't stop a 2-0 (that may have caught crossbar) early on)

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I, for one, do not share any of your disappointment in the result of that game!!

Feels like the team got better as the game went on, but woof, if we don't get better PK'ing and stop giving up all those breakaways, that performance isn't going to cut it against Omaha or Minnesota. Giving up 5 straight goals on the kill going back to the BC game is ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad