Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
He was until Hill decided to mouth off and roll up his tinted windows after being told not to creating a potentially dangerous situation for the cops
Hill certainly didn't help his cause when he told the cop " Don't tell me what to do ". Sure sounds like a privileged pro athlete thinking that he's above the law. I did love him yelling " Hey Drew - I'm getting arrested " into his phone. I know that anytime I'm confronted by the police I try to call my agent too. :nod:

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The very first thing he says to the cop is "Don't tap on my window." Not, "Hello officer" not "What can I help you with today?" And then he does roll down the window, but then he rolls it back up. Once you are lawfully stopped, it's no longer your time. It's their time. And these actions he keeps taking puts the officer's life in danger. They don't know who he is yet. They don't know if he's looking for a gun because they can't see through his windows. So yeah, they do ask him to step out of the car for their safety and his. But then he acts like a kid and does the "I'm getting out but I'm not getting out" shit. He's a grown ass man. And yeah, the officers are going to look bad when they have to assert their authority on an uncooperative person. They don't f*** around.

I understand his reasoning for wanting to keep his window up, but he should have explained that to the officer after contact, not refuse to comply. Even at that point it's like if you don't want to draw attention to yourself, don't speed and give the biker cops a reason to pull you over. It's their only job to enforce traffic laws.
I bolded the problem. This cop didn't have to assert his authority. His ego made him do that. His feelings got hurt, and he reacted like a child. The rest of us are expected to remain cool at work when dealing with rude people, and cops should be held to the same standard.

All the cop needed to do was write a ticket.

Hill being rude doesn't justify a cop losing control of his emotions like that.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I bolded the problem. This cop didn't have to assert his authority. His ego made him do that. His feelings got hurt, and he reacted like a child. The rest of us are expected to remain cool at work when dealing with rude people, and cops should be held to the same standard.

All the cop needed to do was write a ticket.

Hill being rude doesn't justify a cop losing control of his emotions like that.
He wasn't just rude. He was refusing to comply with lawful orders. What if he had a gun in the car? You can't be this obtuse.

Like I said, Tyreek Hill not blameless here. That cop came off like an out of control idiot, and unnecessarily escalated the whole situation. Overzealous is the first word that comes to mind.

Also, I don’t know how much I buy the “can’t see through his window” when I can clearly see through his window on the body cam footage. It wouldn’t be hard to tell if he was reaching for a weapon.
You're gonna piss on me and say it's raining with that shit? I don't think we have anything more to discuss. lol

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
When someone is stopped because they are breaking the law, a cop's guiding instinct is going to be how am I sure this person isn't going to continue being a threat to public safety or escalate this very second. That's how it should be as good policing is about public safety, and that's how it's going to be because as human beings they know that it's their physical and job security on the line if that person is in fact going to be an immediate threat.

In that scenario, rudeness isn't mouthing off to a server or demanding customer service exchange a half-eaten item. It's a threat. Winding up the window so they can't see in and refusing to comply is escalating what should be a routine matter into something where people have to consider their safety.

So yeah, if a guy is doing that, then getting them out of the car so they can't do something crazy is fine.

If the guy won't get out promptly then they're allowed to drag him out. Don't know that they needed to but you'd rather drag him out than have him decide he's actually going to drive off.

I don't think they should have slammed him into the ground, I don't think they should have cuffed him. I think they should have stayed calmer and handled it less aggressively.

But Hill escalated the situation because what he didn't was just rude, it was potentially dangerous and the police's job in that situation is to make sure it can't be. This idea that none of this would have happened if the police were utterly professional isn't so, particularly as the main way none of this would have happened is if Hill wasn't speeding to begin with.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Not sure if it’s the exact same deal in the US, but in Canada your conduct towards police at a traffic stop (ie whether or not you were a dick) is a huge mitigating factor when it goes to court.

In other words, there are consequences for being an ass to law enforcement; it isn’t the officer’s job to mete out that “justice” right then and there.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Tyreek Hill, after everything he's done, and for his blatant disregard of a lawful stop, deserves no sympathy.

The cops who slammed him to the ground and abused their authority deserve no sympathy.

The only person who deserves sympathy, the only person who was in the right in this situation, is Calais Campbell, who was trying to defuse the situation and got cuffed and slammed to the ground himself.

Reactions: Chris5225

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tyreek Hill, after everything he's done, and for his blatant disregard of a lawful stop, deserves no sympathy.

The cops who slammed him to the ground and abused their authority deserve no sympathy.

The only person who deserves sympathy, the only person who was in the right in this situation, is Calais Campbell, who was trying to defuse the situation and got cuffed and slammed to the ground himself.
Campbell got a raw ****ing deal here. Generally regarded as one of the nicest guys in the NFL who has never done anything remotely wrong in his life outside of trying to consume the souls of opposing QBs without their consent. Done nothing but good things for pretty much every community he's been a part of and this is how he gets treated.

Good to see that shithead cop get at least something as punishment.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ho hum - another day and another Georgia player arrested for a driving infraction. And I'm sure that having to pay a $50 bond will certainly teach him a valuable life lesson. :thumbd:

from espn.com:

Georgia's repeated driving-related issues continued Thursday night when cornerback Daniel Harris was arrested and charged with reckless driving for going 106 miles per hour (41 mph over the speed limit) on a wet road, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department incident report.

The No. 1 Bulldogs play at Kentucky on Saturday. ESPN has reached out to Georgia officials for comment on Harris' arrest and whether he was on the trip with the team.

Police say Harris, a sophomore who played in the first two games this season, was traveling at a high rate of speed around 8 p.m. on Thursday on Georgia 10 outer at the College Station Road entrance ramp. His 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee passed two other vehicles during the rain, and the arresting officer checked the speed on the department-issued DragonEye Lidar device, which indicated a speed of 106 mph, the incident report stated.

Harris was pulled over by police, booked into the Clarke County Jail at 10:40 p.m. and released at 11:49 p.m. on a $50 bond. Harris' vehicle had a temporary tag that expired on Aug. 4, 2024. His vehicle registration expired on March 8, 2024. He had no proof of insurance and affixed materials on his vehicle that reduced visibility of his windows/windshield, all according to the incident report. He was also charged with driving without wearing a seatbelt.

Georgia's football program has been plagued by a recurring string of driving-related problems involving players in and around Athens, including an incident in January 2023 where recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy and player Devin Willock were killed while racing a car driven by star defensive lineman Jalen Carter. Both cars were traveling at more than 100 mph, and police said alcohol was involved in the crash.

Since that fatal crash, Georgia has had at least 20 arrests or citations involving players for driving-related violations, including DUI, speeding and reckless driving. Victoria Bowles, a former recruiting staffer who survived the fatal crash last year, settled her lawsuit against the school's athletic association earlier this month. Georgia also faces a lawsuit from the Willock family, which has brought claims against the athletic association and others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad