Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Angrily rolling up your completely tinted window during a traffic stop while a cop is telling you not to seems like a good way to get yourself killed and Tyreek Hill is lucky he's Tyreek Hill there.

Ripping a guy out of a car or tackling him to the ground because he's not quite moving at the pace you'd like is a good way to escalate a situation that doesn't need to be escalated.

Both sides can be shitty

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
BS. Comply when given instructions. That is all it takes. Tyreek feels he is above the law.
Eh I don't think having an attitude justifies what happened. And then they started getting aggressive with other people not even involved, detained Calais Campbell for pretty much no reason. Cops should be trying to de-escalate situations, not ramping them up.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Angrily rolling up your completely tinted window during a traffic stop while a cop is telling you not to seems like a good way to get yourself killed and Tyreek Hill is lucky he's Tyreek Hill there.

Ripping a guy out of a car or tackling him to the ground because he's not quite moving at the pace you'd like is a good way to escalate a situation that doesn't need to be escalated.

Both sides can be shitty
Bolded is important to remember. I think they were both wrong, but cops should hold themselves to a higher standard.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Both sides can be shitty

That’s what I see here. Hill reminds me of people who walk across a road without looking both ways even if they legally have the right of way. Good way to get killed.

The cop needs to be able to keep him emotions in check.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That’s what I see here. Hill reminds me of people who walk across a road without looking both ways even if they legally have the right of way. Good way to get killed.

The cop needs to be able to keep him emotions in check.

IMO he did keep his emotions pretty in check. Hill was confrontational and rolled up a window with dark tint. The cop doesn't know if he's just being rude or if he's trying to make it so the cop cant see what he's doing, or worst case if he's doing it to obscure the gun that's being pointed at the cop. Unfortunately in order to keep themselves safe they need to react more towards the worst case scenario and scale down as needed vs assuming good intentions

Overall point though is none of this happens if Hill keeps it to simple yes and no, takes his ticket and goes on with his day. He is the one that escalated the situation between his verbal abuse and refusal to follow directions.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This is so accurate and yet we see this opinion less and less because everyone HAS to be on a side. It has to be either a racist system or typical behavior by someone with a criminal past and is a confirmed asshole. Can't have any grayness, you are either a 100% ally or I am against you.
I consider it a battle of mouse vs rat. Cops are very corruptable and malicious, the arrested can be very much the same. They're all very manipulative and skilled in it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Both sides franked up

120 in a 40 zone, you're gonna be talked to aggressively every time. That is impounding your car in damn near every state usually.

dude has tint and closes his window which is beyond idiotic for safety (but i think they knew who he was before he did that), this isnt denver in january with snow blowing into you face to put your window up.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Both sides franked up

120 in a 40 zone, you're gonna be talked to aggressively every time. That is impeding your car in damn near every state.
dude has tint and closes his window which is beyond idiotic for safety (but i think they knew who he was before he did that), this isnt denver in january with snow blowing into you face to your window up.

• Love
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
IMO he did keep his emotions pretty in check. Hill was confrontational and rolled up a window with dark tint. The cop doesn't know if he's just being rude or if he's trying to make it so the cop cant see what he's doing, or worst case if he's doing it to obscure the gun that's being pointed at the cop. Unfortunately in order to keep themselves safe they need to react more towards the worst case scenario and scale down as needed vs assuming good intentions

Overall point though is none of this happens if Hill keeps it to simple yes and no, takes his ticket and goes on with his day. He is the one that escalated the situation between his verbal abuse and refusal to follow directions.
If this is your idea of what a cop looks like when their emotions are in check, I'd hate to see how far police have to go for you to think they're out of line...

Both sides franked up

120 in a 40 zone, you're gonna be talked to aggressively every time. That is impounding your car in damn near every state usually.

dude has tint and closes his window which is beyond idiotic for safety (but i think they knew who he was before he did that), this isnt denver in january with snow blowing into you face to put your window up.
It's wild how "visual estimate of 60 in a 40" has turned into "going 120 in a 40".

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Both sides can be shitty

I agree that both sides are wrong here.

I am also thankful we have the actual video so we can judge it properly.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Hill's still a dummy. If any of us pulled that in that situation, the outcome would have been similar, perhaps worse.

Let's not kid ourselves, if Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson/Another player X we don't like pulled this, everyone would be saying the cops did their job.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hill's still a dummy. If any of us pulled that in that situation, the outcome would have been similar, perhaps worse.

Let's not kid ourselves, if Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson/Another player X we don't like pulled this, everyone would be saying the cops did their job.
Not true at all. I don’t think any person who is rude to cops deserves to be physically abused by cops. Hill was rude. That’s not against the law. He deserved the traffic ticket he got, but there was no reason the traffic stop needed to take longer than five minutes other than the cop went crazy.

We don’t tolerate this in any other walk of life, so I don’t know why people think this behavior from cops is ok. If a customer is rude to a Chick-Fil-A employee, no one is saying the employee has the right to rip the customer from their car, throw them to the ground, and handcuff them.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The truth is hot heads are not fit for police duty. Almost every officer involved in an incident like this has history of aggression, etc and almost always immediately lose temper over small things

The cop (Two really) here showed similar demeanor

Hill conduct to begin incident was wrong but officer did not handle it well

At end of day there is no good guy in this encounter but officer at least one (I would say two) showed he doesn't have the emotional control to be a police officer

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It was a good way to get your ass pulled out of a car. All you gotta do is comply. Swallow your pride and go through the motions. They either write the ticket or they don't.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It was a good way to get your ass pulled out of a car. All you gotta do is comply. Swallow your pride and go through the motions. They either write the ticket or they don't.
Yes, I agree. The cop should have swallowed his pride and gone through the motions of writing the ticket. Everything else the cop did was all about his inability to do his job in a professional manner.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yes, I agree. The cop should have swallowed his pride and gone through the motions of writing the ticket. Everything else the cop did was all about his inability to do his job in a professional manner.

He was until Hill decided to mouth off and roll up his tinted windows after being told not to creating a potentially dangerous situation for the cops

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Poor Hill , victim.
Dade County ain't going to play ,
Dude was driving recllkles, that's how people kill others , Those cops deal with punks all day and Hill was being a punk.
Anyone who rolls up a tinted window could be reaching for a gun or do a runner. He f***ed around and found out.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
He was until Hill decided to mouth off and roll up his tinted windows after being told not to creating a potentially dangerous situation for the cops
“Gimme my ticket so I can go, I finna be late gang” is pretty low bar for mouthing off. If that’s enough to escalate a cop… let’s just say it’s not hard to see why police mistrust is at an all time high.

Tyreek obviously no saint here, but the police officers in that video look far worse.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
“Gimme my ticket so I can go, I finna be late gang” is pretty low bar for mouthing off. If that’s enough to escalate a cop… let’s just say it’s not hard to see why police mistrust is at an all time high.

Tyreek obviously no saint here, but the police officers in that video look far worse.
The very first thing he says to the cop is "Don't tap on my window." Not, "Hello officer" not "What can I help you with today?" And then he does roll down the window, but then he rolls it back up. Once you are lawfully stopped, it's no longer your time. It's their time. And these actions he keeps taking puts the officer's life in danger. They don't know who he is yet. They don't know if he's looking for a gun because they can't see through his windows. So yeah, they do ask him to step out of the car for their safety and his. But then he acts like a kid and does the "I'm getting out but I'm not getting out" shit. He's a grown ass man. And yeah, the officers are going to look bad when they have to assert their authority on an uncooperative person. They don't f*** around.

I understand his reasoning for wanting to keep his window up, but he should have explained that to the officer after contact, not refuse to comply. Even at that point it's like if you don't want to draw attention to yourself, don't speed and give the biker cops a reason to pull you over. It's their only job to enforce traffic laws.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
The very first thing he says to the cop is "Don't tap on my window." Not, "Hello officer" not "What can I help you with today?" And then he does roll down the window, but then he rolls it back up. Once you are lawfully stopped, it's no longer your time. It's their time. And these actions he keeps taking puts the officer's life in danger. They don't know who he is yet. They don't know if he's looking for a gun because they can't see through his windows. So yeah, they do ask him to step out of the car for their safety and his. But then he acts like a kid and does the "I'm getting out but I'm not getting out" shit. He's a grown ass man. And yeah, the officers are going to look bad when they have to assert their authority on an uncooperative person. They don't f*** around.

I understand his reasoning for wanting to keep his window up, but he should have explained that to the officer after contact, not refuse to comply. Even at that point it's like if you don't want to draw attention to yourself, don't speed and give the biker cops a reason to pull you over. It's their only job to enforce traffic laws.
Like I said, Tyreek Hill not blameless here. That cop came off like an out of control idiot, and unnecessarily escalated the whole situation. Overzealous is the first word that comes to mind.

Also, I don’t know how much I buy the “can’t see through his window” when I can clearly see through his window on the body cam footage. It wouldn’t be hard to tell if he was reaching for a weapon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad