TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Is it too much to ask for an OP MC-style anime that doesn't have a harem? I'd just like a show where there's a clearly OP MC who is just a very driven individual who works towards his big end goal, and then retires to a nice farm or something...basically MCU Thanos but him as the MC instead of the BBEG.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just caught up with the tri-force of Rascal Doesn't Dream of Bunny Girl or whatever this show is called movies. The first movie is absolutely brilliant, but the next two are duds. The second in particular is just blokes walking around looking for high schools and the third at least has a story to it, but is very weak. I loved this show before these movies and I still love it, but very glad to hear they are going back to episode format for the next arc. I feel like I wasted my time with two of these movies. I get it that this show is slice-of-life with some sci-fi/psychological elements to it, but even the most slice-of-life animes still have a plot to uncover or solve, the last two movies were slice-of-life but with nothing in them. Disappointing.

I am now trying to catch up with Demon Slayer after I finished the Redlight gambling battle district arc.

Last edited:

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I just caught up with the tri-force of Rascal Doesn't Dream of Bunny Girl or whatever this show is called movies. The first movie is absolutely brilliant, but the next two are duds. The second in particular is just blokes walking around looking for high schools and the third at least has a story to it, but is very weak. I loved this show before these movies and I still love it, but very glad to hear they are going back to episode format for the next arc. I feel like I wasted my time with two of these movies. I get it that this show is slice-of-life with some sci-fi/psychological elements to it, but even the most slice-of-life animes still have a plot to uncover or solve, the last two movies were slice-of-life but with nothing in them. Disappointing.

I am now trying to catch up with Demon Slayer after I finished the Redlight gambling battle district arc.
IDK, I loved the movies. Though for me, I just love the characters so much that I could watch them do nothing for hours. The second one was the weakest for sure so there was the excitement of having these characters back after a long time. Thoroughly enjoyed the third movie though and it surely hit the feels.

In other news, the summer 2024 season is absolutely cooking. I have like 10 shows that I follow. After the boring (at least for me), isekai filled spring season we finally have some great comedies, fantasies and romances.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
IDK, I loved the movies. Though for me, I just love the characters so much that I could watch them do nothing for hours. The second one was the weakest for sure so there was the excitement of having these characters back after a long time. Thoroughly enjoyed the third movie though and it surely hit the feels.

In other news, the summer 2024 season is absolutely cooking. I have like 10 shows that I follow. After the boring (at least for me), isekai filled spring season we finally have some great comedies, fantasies and romances.
I will admit that Kaede is a major plot for the show and movies, but after she got normal, she was irrelevant to me and why the second movie felt like a waste of time. The problem I have with the third one is the entire puberty syndrome is so weak, like who cares that Sakuta and his Mother are on weird terms for...10 minutes or so until he fixes the issue? And honestly, the weird terms were not that significant for me to even cause puberty syndrome or whatever it's called in the show compared to the other issues they have already faced.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I will admit that Kaede is a major plot for the show and movies, but after she got normal, she was irrelevant to me and why the second movie felt like a waste of time. The problem I have with the third one is the entire puberty syndrome is so weak, like who cares that Sakuta and his Mother are on weird terms for...10 minutes or so until he fixes the issue? And honestly, the weird terms were not that significant for me to even cause puberty syndrome or whatever it's called in the show compared to the other issues they have already faced.
Yeah I get it. I know the puberty syndromes are the main point of the show, but I don't really care about them anymore. I'd be just happy to watch these characters in a slice of life.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Difficult to recommend going through the prerequisite 15 years of Monogatari, but Off & Monster is peak.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Spy x Family Code White has hit the streaming services. I loved it and I kinda feel sad that I didn't go see it in the theaters.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am catching up with Demon Slayer. I finished the Blacksmith arc (or the sword one), and it was really stupid. I found myself forwarding a lot of scenes because of how useless this arc was.

Kaijuu No. 8 is getting a movie and special. E: The movie is a compilation, that is depressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad