Gene Principe

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Principe puts on a clown show.. no doubt about it.
I believe it's something Edmonton fans have grown used to and don't notice anymore. :devdance:
I don't know if you've noticed, but hockey in Alberta has been a clown show for quite a while.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I saw him running once in a traffic circle in Penticton. He was really giving it. He could have used a little more peripheral awareness. Don't worry, I stopped in time.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
He's a born Edmontonian who is passionate about the Oilers.

He is a fixture of Edmonton media. Just like Bill Matheson was.

He is quirky. Definitely dorky. But you can't appeal to all. It is his enthusiasm I like.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah, Gene's thing is like mashing morning show randomness into his interviews. It's not my thing, but seeing people hate him for it is weird.

I wouldn't mind seeing others incorporate some of what he does into their interviews. IMO that might be neat. But slightly more hockey/personal topics and a lot less random.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
It's not a comment on his character. More on him being about as funny as Will Farrell was in The Office and adding zero insight into the game.

He's not analyst and no one has ever gone to Gene for analysis. He is a broadcaster and an entertainer and hes a nice change-up from the plastic 4 analyst round tables we get out of Sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad