GDT: GDTs: The Final Scene

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The end of the single best game day presentation on the Internet thanks for your time and dedication. Your love for the team and its history has always shown through.
Thank you for the acknowledgment. It was a good start to conversation for each game through the years. The development of the production grew exponentially though eventually reduced. Without repeating other replies in this thread, it is time for a hiatus.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you for the acknowledgment. It was a good start to conversation for each game through the years. The development of the production grew exponentially though eventually reduced. Without repeating other replies in this thread, it is time for a hiatus.

I'm willing to donate my mod salary to get you to do them again

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Hiatus? As in a return?

sarcastic-sarcasm.gif

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
We may not have crossed paths in discussion all that much, but I've been here for almost 20 years and you have always held the mark of the official Flyers rep on HF and beyond in my mind. As many have already said, your delightful poetic prose doesn't deserve the audience that is the Flyers organization and fanbase at large. So sad to see that quality of work go on hiatus, but thankfully some of those past readings will be forever etched in my hockey memory bank and I thank you for that opportunity!

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Yes the GDTs have been amazing for many years, and I absolutely appreciate all the hard work.

Why can't we post new GDTs? I posted one for the first preseason game and it was deleted, and there was no GDT. Can we have one tonight?

GDT

GDT I typed it again.

We have obsequious banter, favorite music, where to eat in Philly and probably beanie babies, but where's the new GDT

GDT

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes the GDTs have been amazing for many years, and I absolutely appreciate all the hard work.

Why can't we post new GDTs? I posted one for the first preseason game and it was deleted, and there was no GDT. Can we have one tonight?

GDT

GDT I typed it again.

We have obsequious banter, favorite music, where to eat in Philly and probably beanie babies, but where's the new GDT

GDT
There’s a GDT. Posted by Beef Invictus. Do with this information as you must.

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I hate this team by the way. The GDTs of old brought a little bit of joy to my world.

Now I have only solitude and darkness.

I double-like this. Having lived through the most exciting era of not only hockey but sports, the 1970s, and having my youth turned into adulthood during a tremendous time, the 1980s, the GDTs were an idealistic approach to reality. Expanding on that, any pettiness and jealousy is akin to spinach to Popeye. It is time to utilize that strength in other ways and continue through other methods. As someone once said in so many words, be thankful for what you had rather than what you don't have anymore. Rock and roll!

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
We may not have crossed paths in discussion all that much, but I've been here for almost 20 years and you have always held the mark of the official Flyers rep on HF and beyond in my mind. As many have already said, your delightful poetic prose doesn't deserve the audience that is the Flyers organization and fanbase at large. So sad to see that quality of work go on hiatus, but thankfully some of those past readings will be forever etched in my hockey memory bank and I thank you for that opportunity!

I want to acknowledge this post with the gratitude it deserves. It wasn't my intent to have this thread open from the start and wholeheartedly I wasn't expecting the content that followed. I never fathomed such sentiments from the many who issued praise in such manner. Creating the GDTs was a fun endeavor at one point but though it became arduous only in small doses, it is time to gather resources and alter course. I hope all who responded to show support within this thread, understand.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I haven't visited the forum in a year and to see this when I get on makes me sad a bit but it's been a long ride MSE. I've always appreciated the work you did and making our board have the best GDTs on the site.
Thank you. Such comments are unexpected and though I have said that a few times in this thread, I want to acknowledge as many users as possible. I felt in the sincerest form that the timing was right to move onto some other endeavors. Some personal. I hope to remain here for (most) game nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad