Post-Game Talk: gdt for game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
y'all cool with occasional invasion of your board's gdt for some friendly banter? Mods are deleting almost everything I type on the main board... don't feel like wasting time there.

If not, I get it and that's cool too. thought I'd ask before coming and possibly ruining the enjoyment for some of you.

Do not troll or shitpost here.

Reactions: calicapsfan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don't really understand the Williams quote, someone explain?

Also does calling up Samsonov mean we can no longer call up DSB even if we wanted to, until Hershey is eliminated?

My interpretation of the Williams quote would be that it's more of a snarky comment you'd make to a reporter / journalist.

"I respect the Caps and anything nice they've said about me and my time with them, but this is the playoffs and we're not going to sit down and sing Kumbaya together".

Unless he is planning on the Canes doing that for their surge if they win a game at home :laugh:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Did anyone catch the NHL Live but just now on the Caps fans, including Keelan Moxley (Conno fan), who literally had the Stanley Cup delivered to their house to spend some time with it.

Is it raining in here?

Way to go Caps! Best franchise ever!!!!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
y'all cool with occasional invasion of your board's gdt for some friendly banter? Mods are deleting almost everything I type on the main board... don't feel like wasting time there.

If not, I get it and that's cool too. thought I'd ask before coming and possibly ruining the enjoyment for some of you.

Totally fine as long as you don't go full Tampa Bay Lightning on us. Friendly banter is always welcome -- being an asshole is not.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Did anyone catch the NHL Live but just now on the Caps fans, including Keelan Moxley (Conno fan), who literally had the Stanley Cup delivered to their house to spend some time with it.

Is it raining in here?

Way to go Caps! Best franchise ever!!!!

Yeah that was one hell of a piece.

It's funny, I was feeling anxious about the Caps for the first time since June today just knowing that at some point in the (hopefully not near) future we're not going to be the defending champs any more but I worked out to clear my mind and came away thinking instead of dwelling on that feeling I'm just going to appreciate the journey we've been on. I'm going to appreciate how awesome it is that we get to watch this team legitimately compete for the greatest trophy in sports on a yearly basis. I'm going to appreciate Ovechkin and Kuzy and Holts and Carlson and Backstrom and Oshie and the rest of the guys that make being a Caps fan pretty f***ing awesome. It won't be like this forever and I'm not going to worry about anything bad that could potentially happen. Let's do this.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018

Welcome, my friend!

Reactions: Ahoy there

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Man this is weird. For years, every day leading up to a playoff game I would be nervous and worried. It would be this long stressful day of concern and prayer.

This year I feel none of that. I actually forgot for a bit we had a game tonight. It’s all enjoyment now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sup caps fans! ill be joining your bandwagon via the The 1st Annual Not-Canes Bandwagon Draft Extravaganza.... looking forward to rooting for you guys on your b2b bid.

Admittedly the caps are a team I don't watch a whole lot, or know a whole lot about but that makes being part of your run a little more exciting for me. What I do know is I am a big fan of TJ oshie from his days with the blues, tom Wilson is a beast, and Backstrom is maybe the most underrated player in the league. Glad ovie got his name on the cup last year, lets make it 2 in a row!

Good luck tonight! and the plus side of being drafted to an eastern conference team is I can watch majority of their games!

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Sup caps fans! ill be joining your bandwagon via the The 1st Annual Not-Canes Bandwagon Draft Extravaganza.... looking forward to rooting for you guys on your b2b bid.

Admittedly the caps are a team I don't watch a whole lot, or know a whole lot about but that makes being part of your run a little more exciting for me. What I do know is I am a big fan of TJ oshie from his days with the blues, tom Wilson is a beast, and Backstrom is maybe the most underrated player in the league. Glad ovie got his name on the cup last year, lets make it 2 in a row!

Good luck tonight! and the plus side of being drafted to an eastern conference team is I can watch majority of their games!
Welcome!

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
... I'm just going to appreciate the journey we've been on. I'm going to appreciate how awesome it is that we get to watch this team legitimately compete for the greatest trophy in sports on a yearly basis. I'm going to appreciate Ovechkin and Kuzy and Holts and Carlson and Backstrom and Oshie and the rest of the guys that make being a Caps fan pretty ****ing awesome. It won't be like this forever and I'm not going to worry about anything bad that could potentially happen. Let's do this.

Good perspective. If the Caps happen to not repeat, then most of the group returns for next season with the dual experiences of winning it and falling short, and those two different journeys will offer lessons for the following postseason. I'm guessing that in recent times the Hawks and the Kings can point to the experience gained in their Cup failures as positive contributions to their non-consecutive Cup wins.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Welcome aboard!

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

You picked a good year to be assigned to us, hopefully as good as last year. Who am I kidding, nothing in my lifetime will ever be as good as last year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You picked a good year to be assigned to us, hopefully as good as last year. Who am I kidding, nothing in my lifetime will ever be as good as last year.
There hasn't been much roster changeover for you guys between last year and this year right? Assuming the team is motivated the roster looks like it should be in for a long run .

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
There hasn't been much roster changeover for you guys between last year and this year right? Assuming the team is motivated the roster looks like it should be in for a long run .

Yep, we started the season with 17 out of 18 skaters all back (only 4th line center Jay Beagle didn't return), but a few trades and an injury along the way, I think our starting lineup tonight will be 9/12 forwards and 5/6 D from the Cup team.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yep, we started the season with 17 out of 18 skaters all back (only 4th line center Jay Beagle didn't return), but a few trades and an injury along the way, I think our starting lineup tonight will be 9/12 forwards and 5/6 D from the Cup team.
Also Copley replaces Grubauer at backup G. Hagelin and Boyd at Wing and Jensen on D are new. Smith-Pelly playing in Hershey for now.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I was all calm and zen all day, but now I'm getting kinda nervous and anxious.

LETS GO CAPS!

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Also Copley replaces Grubauer at backup G. Hagelin and Boyd at Wing and Jensen on D are new. Smith-Pelly playing in Hershey for now.

Right, Hags, Dowd, Boyd are the new forwards. Jensen for Kempny is the D change. Still amazing continuity there.

If our backup goalie plays, something has gone wrong. That's different from last year when our backup goalie won us the Cup :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Do you guys think DSP will play up with you guys at all? I know hes had his struggles but hes always been a good 4th liner in the playoffs(even in his time in Anaheim). I forgot you guys got hagelin and Jensen.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Forgot to ask. What are we drinking tonight? Got some Sam Adams Boston Lager here with me now. Might switch to Makers in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad