GDT: GDT #8 Florida Panthers vs New York Islanders | October 26th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I mean I wasn't expecting them to win at all. they're not a cup contender and playing their backup goalie on the second night of a back to back... and yeah I mean I guess I'm going to take a ton of shit for this but giving up a 3 goal lead over basically the course of an entire game isn't the same to me as blowing it with a couple of periods left.

Oh? One of the oldest rosters in the NHL is NOT a Cup contender.

Then what are we even doing here?

Reactions: Ishkabible

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
It really was the typical Isles experience of last two seasons.
I couldn't believe how well we were doing.
But the moment we conceded a goal off an innocuous play, i had that sinking feeling.
When Panthers made it 3-2 I knew we were done. It then just became watching to see how it happened.

Reactions: Osakahaus

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Let LOU make a statement trade??? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Lou made his statement by doubling down on the core he couldn't move on from, the contracts from which we are still waiting to expire on their own because there's no market for those players.

Trade a core player. Go ahead.

Lou make that trade? Forget it. It's past time for a new GM and a new set of scouts.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I’m all for a new GM. However, the Horvat trade was a very good trade. Palms/Zajac trade was strong too. Same with JGP.

The issue is Lou over signed guys and believed in others to step up based on his investment in them.

At this point, sell on Palms, Nelson as UFAs. 100% trade Barzal for another top player or two upcoming players. Buyout Lee in the offseason. That’s a quick hard reset up front. Someone needs to upset this F lineup AND design.

The defense needs some help, but unless Dobson is trending in Jones/Nurse territory, you need to keep him and pray he can figure it out.

Sorokin is looking like the one he was, albeit not sold on his playoff performances to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: impaaaaaact

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I’m all for a new GM. However, the Horvat trade was a very good trade. Palms/Zajac trade was strong too. Same with JGP.

The issue is Lou over signed guys and believed in others to step up based on his investment in them.

At this point, sell on Palms, Nelson as UFAs. 100% trade Barzal for another top player or two upcoming players. Buyout Lee in the offseason. That’s a quick hard reset up front.

The defense needs some help, but unless Dobson is trending in Jones/Nurse territory, you need to keep him and pray he can figure it out.

Sorokin is looking like the one he was, albeit not sold on his playoff performances to date.
I feel like the isles are just digging their grave deeper and deeper if Lou stays around longer. The guy just cant hang anymore with these cats.

Reactions: Throttle

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
This Roster cannot get Roy's/Coaching Staff's Plan done.
Need a shakeup
Otherwise it's the Same old Islanders until Lou hits the Glue Factory...

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Let LOU make a statement trade??? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Lou made his statement by doubling down on the core he couldn't move on from, the contracts from which we are still waiting to expire on their own because there's no market for those players.

Trade a core player. Go ahead.

Lou make that trade? Forget it. It's past time for a new GM and a new set of scouts.
Lamoriello should have some balls by trading Nelson

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
With them not being allowed to speak to media before game, and they Roy seemingly voicing his disappointment that Engvall was called up....is there some tension between coach and GM???

Reactions: Osakahaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad