GDT: GDT #8 Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders | October 30th | 7:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Here's the thing with Lou...

1) He usually adds decent talent.
2) He almost always overpays for it.

Both things exist, so I can like Greene, but also not like the price paid for him. Same thing with Pageau.
He overpaid for Andy Greene? I mean when Dumbo paid a 1st and 3rd and a 4th to acquire a washed up Foligno, Lou trading a scrub prospect and a 2nd rounder is an issue?

2nd rounders were also used that season for Brendan Dillon, Alec Martinez (2 2nds), Scandella, etc.

Last edited:

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
This game was the Third time this year the Isles Blew a multi goal lead...
Something needs to change. Try a little more puck possession instead of being content with just flipping it out of the zone when you have a lead. I'm not saying send 3 for-checkers into the other side but sheesh the backing into their own blueline after telegraphing passes and being turned over needs to stop.
I think even they know they suck at puck possession and passing....
Not thrilled with Lambert at all...

Reactions: eoin92 and MJF

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Staple put out a decent article in the Athletic: his observations through the first 8 games. He threw Sorokin in the mix as not playing up to his standard, which I would agree with. This may also be a function of horrific D, but he's let in more than his usual amount of goals and only sports a .910.

Don't get me wrong, he's the least of this team's problems; this just highlights how much they need him. He's played well in stretches, that said, if he doesn't bring his A game on a nightly basis, this team will be in trouble over the course of 82.

I'll take a 4-2-2 record with a less than elite Sorokin.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Now which Islander team will show up in the 3rd? The one we saw the first 2 periods or one that will turtle and try to hold onto a one goal lead and collapse around their goaltender who is going to face an ungodly number of shots?
Sounds familiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad