Post-Game Talk: GDT 7-0. Just sayin.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I know it's a joke, but could you imagine if every time the other team set up in our zone, we just had mcdavid leave the zone and sit at their blue line...you either keep pushing and hope you score, or you fall back, killing your scoring chance to prevent the guaranteed breakaway when it gets turned over
With our PK, that would be funny. Just pretend we are on a PK and tell Connor to go to Center ice lol. That would mind f*** a team

Sure was. But anybody spot the couple poke checks he made to erase scoring attempts. These are the quick quiet plays that people don't spot because no serious chance occurred, because it was negated.

Or Pickard swallowing up rebounds and keeping crease clear of pucks. So much of what decent goalies do is that kind of quiet stuff. We don't get that with Skinner. He'll sell a save bigtime trying to play it up. But he makes adventures of the most routine stuff.

Fundamentally Pickard>Skinner.
Devils fans were commenting in their forum how good Pickard was at not allowing rebounds. Hopefully Skinner polishes that area up.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He also has a helluva snap shot too....
quite deceiving, as he can take it on the stick and snap it home with out a wind up.
a real feel for the puck

Add his vision and ability to deceive defenders and I think we’re looking at something special here with this player.

Reactions: booyakasha

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Just look at what Woody was doing this year...Barely playing 4th line. Not letting guys feel a part of the team. Loading up line 1 in desperation. Staff had a zillion PK forward pairs compared to 3 by Knob and Co. CONSTANT line blenders allowing no chemistry. Loved the coaching change from day one.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Uh… for the record I stand by everything I said during the bad times.

Ken Holland‘s mistakes have added up to enough to justify the end of his tenure… Campbell belongs where he is ( I was calling for us to send him down and call up PicKard this time last year anyway)… Brown sucks.… whatever else I said I stand behind!

But I was standing up for the Bouch when everyone here was tearing him down. So there.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Uh… for the record I stand by everything I said during the bad times.

Ken Holland‘s mistakes have added up to enough to justify the end of his tenure… Campbell belongs where he is ( I was calling for us to send him down and call up PicKard this time last year anyway)… Brown sucks.… whatever else I said I stand behind!

But I was standing up for the Bouch when everyone here was tearing him down. So there.
1702260898241.png

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Just look at what Woody was doing this year...Barely playing 4th line. Not letting guys feel a part of the team. Loading up line 1 in desperation. Staff had a zillion PK forward pairs compared to 3 by Knob and Co. CONSTANT line blenders allowing no chemistry. Loved the coaching change from day one.

He reached for the Tippett playbook and was doing ING everything the opposite of how he first came in.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really liked the way they handled the delayed penalty call. I've never understood their lack of intensity when those delayed calls happen, especially with the talent they can throw out there. It's like having an extra PP. This time, they really bore down and had the puck for about a minute, hit the post and had some other looks. Not sure if that's coaching or not, but sure was nice to see.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You don't have to be obtuse. Woodcroft is a good coach, Knoblauch just looks like a better fit.

If they had fired Tippett for Knoblauch, you'd still be whining about it
Yeah Woodcroft was a good coach, but Knoblauch does appear to be a better fit. Coffee too. There have been obviously positive changes done in the locker room and with their play. Drivesaitl is right that this appears to be a TEAM now though. They are dialed in collectively.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah Woodcroft was a good coach, but Knoblauch does appear to be a better fit. Coffee too. There have been obviously positive changes done in the locker room and with their play. Drivesaitl is right that this appears to be a TEAM now though. They are dialed in collectively.
No question that's exactly what I'm seeing on the ice

Reactions: McBooya42

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
He also has a helluva snap shot too....
quite deceiving, as he can take it on the stick and snap it home with out a wind up.
a real feel for the puck
Nice to have an offensive weapon like that for sure. Excellent accuracy with the clapper and the wrister. Even if he only ends up with a mid range defensive ability, this kid has potential to be one of the best in the league. I hope we can afford him when the time comes.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I know it's a joke, but could you imagine if every time the other team set up in our zone, we just had mcdavid leave the zone and sit at their blue line...you either keep pushing and hope you score, or you fall back, killing your scoring chance to prevent the guaranteed breakaway when it gets turned over
Oilers would probably get an unsportsmanlike penalty for that kinda play.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
is CupofOil back?

I will say this...that Hughes family is a talented, gifted group.
that Luke Hughes is a gamer.
would love to see what they all look like on the ice together....need the NHL back in the Olympics.
Diving is already part of the summer olympics.

They'll be there.

Reactions: fresh meat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad