GDT: GDT #6 Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders | October 22nd | 7:45 PM | F/L 1-0

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Of course, wouldn't be an Isles shut out without ringing one off post, Thankfully, Brock delivered!
I will say Mayfield is looking much better than last season.

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The team is the epitome of mediocre. I hope Lou is realizing this and trades Palmieri/Nelson for assets at the deadline and signs the other to a 3-4 year deal (if they want to stay).

Reactions: MJF

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The team is the epitome of mediocre. I hope Lou is realizing this and trades Palmieri/Nelson for assets at the deadline and signs the other to a 3-4 year deal (if they want to stay).
There’s a reason no one got contracts before the season started

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
We are a Bubble Team......
I do not think they are a bubble team, their D is older and not structured to play in an uptempo game, their 3rd & 4th lines are garbage, their first line and 2nd lines should be 2nd and 3rd lines on a good team. It’s just not built to play a Roy style game. I like Barzal’s skill set, but he is probably the most talented useless player I’ve seen.Hes just too difficult to play with.

Reactions: Throttle

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
I attended last night's dreadful boring affair. Don't attend many games living in Northern Westchester, but watching this mess last night, it's tough to get morivated or enthusiastic to go to any others.
Thoughts went through my mind as I witnessed this snoozefest-

1) The Herb Brooks scene in Miracle when he's screaming at the Team during the Olympic Opener- "You guys are playing like its a throwaway game in Rochester..this is the Olympics!!"

2) This team has no identity at all. It was like watching a regular season NBA Game. Back and forth, up and down, nothing of consequence happening. We were all ready to move on from the "Best 4th Line"......but the lack of any hitting at all, the avoidence of it, was glaringly noticable. Yes...when you hit a lot, you end up shorthanded more, and out of position etc. But it also gets the the juice flowing, emothon up, etc. Team was asleep. And Red Wings ooked like the Trotz Islanders. I sat behind Detroit Net 2 periods and they were excellent at collapsing in on their net and forcing low % shots. Final line said Isles got 29 shots but maybe 5 were of any quality. Goalie had very little to do.

Roy has to be pissed. There is only so much he can do with the lack of talent here.

About 13K there. It's already a very expensive experience to attend games, and getting there ain't easy. I get it's a Tuesday night in October with MLB and Football going on......but it's not a good sign. Hoping this trend prompts Ownership to make the changes that inevitably have to happen sooner than later.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
That’s the capacity for Disney on Ice. Seems about right with the Isles superstar figure skater out there.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
You have a one track mind, but other than Sorokin, there isn't a clear "build around" player in the entire franchise.
Maybe move on from the player? Get better working parts and go from there?

Building around a very limited one trick pony ain’t gonna work, but keep on trying. 7 more years to go!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I had a very long workday yesterday, and didn't watch. But it's too soon to worry. I still think they're a wild card team. Horvat is going through a serious funk. But so long as the D stays relatively healthy, and Sorokin is Sorokin, I think they'll be a WC team.

That they don't have a gamebreaking offensive player who can do everything is not news.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Roy to Barzal: DRIVE TO THE f***ING NET AND SCORE GOALS
1729693939063.gif

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Thoroughly unimpressive.

The amount of failed zone entry attempts was uncountable, especially on the PPs.

You can get shutout now and again.

But 3 times in so few games?

It's a problem.

And they know it. They're battling that puck so often, you can see that the worm is in.

But an overall dreadful start for Roy. One regulation win per six contests is not cutting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad