GDT: GDT #4 New York Islanders @ St. Louis Blues | October 17th | 8:00 PM | F/OTL 1-0

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Only watched the highlights but for those who watched the game, has the 5v5 defense looked better than last year?

The highlights only show some things, but a lot of the Blues shots/chances seemed to come from the outside/points or very close down low. The slot appears to have been cleaned up a bit.

Grabbing a point when not scoring a single goal is a good result but discouraging for our offensive woes.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Only watched the highlights but for those who watched the game, has the 5v5 defense looked better than last year?

The highlights only show some things, but a lot of the Blues shots/chances seemed to come from the outside/points or very close down low. The slot appears to have been cleaned up a bit.

Grabbing a point when not scoring a single goal is a good result but discouraging for our offensive woes.

Much better, they did keep St Louis to the outside a lot more. And not taking penalties.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Mostly watched that unfortunate Met game last night but from what I watched of NYI, they looked pretty competitive and well coached for a road game. Sorokin looked back in his top form and NYI seemed to have the better of the chances.

So far I'm encouraged by what I've seen. Wins/pts aren't reflecting the quality of the play IMO. Not saying this looks like a powerhouse contender, but more of a 94-99pt team rather than the 90-95pt teams we've seen the past two years.

One thing that's unfortunately carried over is Isles having the worse luck (or performance) in the league when it comes to 3v3 games. You'd expect to get about half of those extra points and seems like NYI get about 1/4 to 1/3 of the,.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
To me this is the most encouraging thing. This team made the playoffs last year while Sorokin struggled. If he can bounce back I think this team should cruise to a playoff spot.
Considering the first two weeks are usually bizarro on GF and GA league-wide, the Isles have been fine. UT just can’t happen again.

Isles will be in the playoffs, depends on who they play in first round - I doubt it’s Carolina again - they should move through.

It’s a long season, but seeing Sorokin playing like that is very very encouraging.

Reactions: WangMustGo

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
ehhh, team is close. Man, if that Eiserman kid was ready to pop in some PP goals, we may be a threat. But if we're lucky, next year. As the great Throttle likes to say: The PP ain't getting it done with the horses we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad