GDT: GDT #4 New York Islanders @ St. Louis Blues | October 17th | 8:00 PM | F/OTL 1-0

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
The isles may not have elite talent on the power play, but they do have enough talent for a top 15 PP.

If it’s not the flying Barzal entry, the red army possession game when you are not the red army, or whatever ineffective plan, its just not working with this crew year over year.
not sure why you'd think they have enough talent for a top 15 PP; pretty sure they were 19th last year. I am not convinced they're top 20.

Reactions: MJF

Crashsunday

Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
That was a sloppy game by both teams.

Shutout twice in four games. I might just put “shutout” every game in the first goal contest. I like my chances.

Zero reason to pursue the goalie into the offensive zone on that line change from the Blues. Duclair has not made smart choices in key instances so far this season.

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
2 shutouts against isn't great- but looking back- I think 1-1-1 on this road trip (i.e. @DAL, @COL & @ STL) will look fairly decent. At least it's in rearview.

Last edited:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
not sure why you'd think they have enough talent for a top 15 PP; pretty sure they were 19th last year. I am not convinced they're top 20.
Bc it’s not that hard - it’s just very predictable and easy to defend. I just provided the two options they use 85% of the time.

Ah…Duke Bure. He’s just the other Bure, he’s not even a Bure, but the lights are shining on why teams moved on from him over and over…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad