Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As if we won't trade one, if not both, of 'em

I dont know lol
That dradt vid of Bergevin shimmying/dancing dying to make a sideways draft pick trade makes me believe hes itching to just trade for the sake if trading

But then I think of the big fat smile on his face and I think.. that guy is long dead lol..
theres not a doubt in my mind hes in not give a shit mode for the next year until he steps down
The timing is terrible as we are starting a new era/window but the soon to be former and uncaring GM is staying an extra year..

Reactions: Stive Morgan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Explain to me why you've got Robidas there. I've only seen him play once, but wasn't thrilled. Is the draft this year really that weak?

Yes - he's a high upside play with his skill level, but he's tiny.. he's a swing, unlikely to pan out but if he does.. look out.

Reactions: Draft

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Please note that of out of the picks Timmins made since he is here, there are more bad picks than bad reactions to great picks. Besides, I don't think people are reacting badly. I would have prefered other players. But seems he's a fixture in the KHL as soon as next year, so that can't be a bad thing.

Just note that the same guy who picked Romanov is the same guy who said that Valentenko was a better Emelin and that there was some Ovechkin game in Avtsin.

They have a new Russian scout since 2013. Since then:
Romanov (2nd)
Khisatmudinov (6th)
Gordin (6th)
Kostenko (3rd)

Reactions: SOLR and Redux91

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
You don't think it's maybe a LITTLE insensitive?
Lol. People are too sensitive is my personal opinion. I think there are lines you don't cross for sure (e.g. using the N word, hate crimes etc.) but intention means a good bit to me.

When I first saw that name I didn't think "Native American" whatsoever. It read to me like being named "Sonny Sixkiller", "Wonderful Terrific Monds", "Dick Paradise", "Jack Glasscock" et al.

To each their own though. I graduated from Florida State University.... we're the Seminoles. I'm obsessed with Native Americans. They are bad asses.

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Lol. People are too sensitive is my personal opinion. I think there are lines you don't cross for sure (e.g. using the N word, hate crimes etc.) but intention means a good bit to me.

When I first saw that name I didn't think "Native American" whatsoever. It read to me like being named "Sonny Sixkiller", "Wonderful Terrific Monds", "Dick Paradise", "Jack Glasscock" et al.

To each their own though. I graduated from Florida State University.... we're the Seminoles. I'm obsessed with Native Americans. They are bad asses.
Yeah I was gonna say, I didn't even think of a Native American connotation until he said it. To me, the first thing that comes to mind is a baseball player from the 1920's or something

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Can teams draft more euros? My last 3 picks are Euros and my mock is getting pretty bad. :laugh:
The trend seems to be a bunch of Euros in a row, then bunch of NAs in a row lmao. Reminds me of how teams will panic and take a bunch of goalies in a row once one gets taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad