GDT: 2018 NCAA Frozen Four (St. Paul, MN)

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Since the world juniors I cannot believe how dominant Hughes has been, His skating and hands are unbelievable. Tkachuk however looks irrelevant out there, Excellent world juniors but as a prospect he is nowhere near his brother. Matthew thinks the game offensively on a level Brady doesn't even come close to

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So the Frozen Four takes a week off and starts next Thursday.

The final four teams are Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth and Notre Dame vs Michigan. Here are some players to watch for on these four teams...

Ohio State
Tanner Laczynski (Flyers Selection)
Dakota Joshua (Leafs Selection - really solid player IMO)
Mason Jobst (Top UFA)
Matthew Weis
Freddy Gerard
Sean Romeo

Minnesota-Duluth
Michael Anderson (Kings Selection)
Dylan Samberg (Jets Selection)
Joey Anderson (Devils Selection)
Avery Peterson (Wild Selection)
Nick Swaney (Wild Selection)
Riley Tufte (Stars Selection)
Scott Perunovich (Potential Overager - #124 by CSS)
Matt Anderson (Potential Overager)

Notre Dame
Dennis Gilbert (Blackhawks Selection)
Matthew Hellickson (Devils Selection)
Andrew Peeke (Blue Jackets Selection)
Jake Evans (Canadiens Selection - Might go UFA)
Cam Morrison (Avalanche Selection)
Joe Wegwerth (Panthers Selection)
Cale Morris (Top UFA)
Jordan Gross (Top UFA)
Andrew Oglevie (Top UFA)

Michigan
Jack LaFontaine (Hurricanes Selection)
Nicholas Boka (Wild Selection)
Joseph Cecconi (Stars Selection)
Luke Martin (Hurricanes Selection)
Jack Becker (Bruins Selection)
Cooper Marody (Oiler Selection - really solid player)
Joshua Norris (Sharks Selection)
Nick Pastujov (Islander Selection)
Brendan Warren (Flyers Selection)
Tony Calderone (Top UFA)
Jake Slaker
Quinn Hughes (2018 Draft - #4 by CSS)

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So the Frozen Four takes a week off and starts next Thursday.

The final four teams are Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth and Notre Dame vs Michigan. Here are some players to watch for on these four teams...

Ohio State
Tanner Laczynski (Flyers Selection)
Dakota Joshua (Leafs Selection - really solid player IMO)
Mason Jobst (Top UFA)
Matthew Weis
Freddy Gerard
Sean Romeo

Minnesota-Duluth
Michael Anderson (Kings Selection)
Dylan Samberg (Jets Selection)
Joey Anderson (Devils Selection)
Avery Peterson (Wild Selection)
Nick Swaney (Wild Selection)
Riley Tufte (Stars Selection)
Peter Krieger
Hunter Shepard
Scott Perunovich (Potential Overager - #124 by CSS)
Matt Anderson (Potential Overager)

Notre Dame
Dennis Gilbert (Blackhawks Selection)
Matthew Hellickson (Devils Selection)
Andrew Peeke (Blue Jackets Selection)
Jake Evans (Canadiens Selection - Might go UFA)
Cam Morrison (Avalanche Selection)
Joe Wegwerth (Panthers Selection)
Cale Morris (Top UFA)
Jordan Gross (Top UFA)
Andrew Oglevie (Top UFA)
Dylan St. Cyr

Michigan
Jack LaFontaine (Hurricanes Selection)
Nicholas Boka (Wild Selection)
Joseph Cecconi (Stars Selection)
Luke Martin (Hurricanes Selection)
Jack Becker (Bruins Selection)
Cooper Marody (Oiler Section - really solid player)
Joshua Norris (Sharks Selection)
Nick Pastujov (Islander Selection)
Brendan Warren (Flyers Selection)
Tony Calderone (Top UFA)
Dexter Dancs
Jake Slaker
Quinn Hughes (2018 Draft - #4 by CSS)

I selfishly want to see Ohio St vs Michigan in the final for a number of reasons -

#1 always grew up a Michigan fan, and loved the rivalry between the two schools in all sports.

#2. for draft watching purposes, I want Quinn Hughes on the biggest stage possible to showcase his skill - this is as big as it gets, lets see if he sinks or swims

#3. Evan Romeo - to steal the show again for Ohio St - kid is a treat to watch and has carried his team on his back...and trade Barratt to Ohio St hahahaha

that is my hopeful final!

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Barrett plays for Penn State no? Huge fan of him though.

Evan Barratt

E: Hughes has been a joy to watch, can't believe how good he's been considering who he's up against and that he's on the smaller side. Goes to show how much talent he has to be this good at this young of an age.

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Perunovich will absolutely get drafted. I wouldn't be surprised as high as round 2.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
GO BLUE! Been a die hard fan of U of M sports going back to Bo's first season coaching the football team. The Wolverines also have three alumni from the NTDP, which we support as season ticket holders.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
GO BLUE! Been a die hard fan of U of M sports going back to Bo's first season coaching the football team. The Wolverines also have three alumni from the NTDP, which we support as season ticket holders.

Bummer that Lockwood's been hurt. I've been a fan since seeing him when they came out to play Arizona State a couple years ago.

Also if you're a local and haven't done it, there's public skate time available at Yost. I made a couple trips out there to nerd out, especially when the Whalers were around. One weekend in 2012, it was Michigan/Michigan State, London/Plymouth, and the Four Nations U18 in Ann Arbor. Something like 20 first rounders were in the area.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Bummer that Lockwood's been hurt. I've been a fan since seeing him when they came out to play Arizona State a couple years ago.

Also if you're a local and haven't done it, there's public skate time available at Yost. I made a couple trips out there to nerd out, especially when the Whalers were around. One weekend in 2012, it was Michigan/Michigan State, London/Plymouth, and the Four Nations U18 in Ann Arbor. Something like 20 first rounders were in the area.
We live less than 30 minutes from Yost, but I've never been to a public skate there. Sounds like fun. I've been to more football games at The Big House than anything else - - a close friend has season tickets.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
We live less than 30 minutes from Yost, but I've never been to a public skate there. Sounds like fun. I've been to more football games at The Big House than anything else - - a close friend has season tickets.

Schedules

Not the most convenient times, but probably more available in the summer. Definitely great for photo opps. With the natural light coming through the windows, it was almost like skating in a cathedral.

942394_10102643357477254_7047410839573083182_n.jpg

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Lots of time left. UMD got two early goals on Air Force and I changed the channel thinking it was going to be a blowout. UMD held on for a 2- 1 win.

Brian Fogarty

@hockey_prophets
Apr 29, 2011
hockeyprophets.com
Bulldogs look too fast and too skilled for Ohio State, who look a bit shell shocked. But they managed to hold the score in the second and one goal will change the dynamics. Need their big guns to step up, but Laczynski and Joshua have been mediocre so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad