GDT: 2/3//05 NHL and PA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
WHARF1940 said:
man, I hope when this is all over, someone, anyone from the media admits that they were stringing us along almost as bad as the league and the players by constantly reporting negative info, even when things weren't always that negative. it is so obvious at this point that they have been exaggerating the hell out of everything!

how is it "obvious" that they've been "exaggerating the hell" out of anything?! last time i checked, it's february and there's still no hockey.

Crows*

UHHH the team 1040 just said

"we just got this in from a reliable source that the NHL's cancellation will be announced in a press conference tommrow morning in Toronto"

:dunno:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
"we just got this in from a reliable source that the NHL's cancellation will be announced in a press conference tommrow morning in Toronto"

always possible but it could also just be a variation of the "NHL will cancel the season soon if a deal isn't done"

Iceman23

Dec 26, 2003
If these meetings weren't going anywhere then they would end them pretty soon. The longer this goes, the better.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Crows said:

Why don't they ever mention their sources?
For all we know this source could be some hobo who lives outside the radio station.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Crows said:

Thats not good, but at the same time it conflicts the ESPN report... so here's to hoping no one knows anything

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Crows said:

The team 1040 just makes things up to get news.
Remeber the stupid rumour about Zhamnov to Canucks for Ruutu, King, Kesler, Auld, and a first :lol

Crows*

The team1040 is a joke sometimes.

They just said that interupting him during his rant and then he just says that quote. Then he just says "back to the boards" and they talk about football!

MADDENING!!!

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
"reliable source" - at this stage of the game, there's no such thing. until the NHL as a league makes a formal announcement, everything else is BS as far as i'm concerned.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I'm optimistic now, I do think there will be a season like 85% chance IMO.

I just even as a hockey fan, would find it difficult to get into the season the way I would as if it began in Oct. Cuz it'd basically be the stretch time a couple weeks into the season. I think some good teams would miss the playoffs if they got off to slow starts.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
neelynugs said:
"reliable source" - at this stage of the game, there's no such thing. until the NHL as a league makes a formal announcement, everything else is BS as far as i'm concerned.

Agreed Nugs. It almost sounds like the owners are playing the media a bit and trying to pressure the players by leaking this. Who knows. I still find it hard to believe that these two sides would be willing to risk it all by being so stubborn.

There is *always* a middle ground, why cant they get there?

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
PanthersRule said:
I'm optimistic now, I do think there will be a season like 85% chance IMO.

I just even as a hockey fan, would find it difficult to get into the season the way I would as if it began in Oct. Cuz it'd basically be the stretch time a couple weeks into the season. I think some good teams would miss the playoffs if they got off to slow starts.

Oddly enough, I'm slightly more optimistic now, too. The less news, which the media seems to be treating as a bad thing (prolly cause they have to fill air-time, and bad news = ratings), seems to me to be good news.

Do I think it will get done? Have no idea. Am I more optimistic now then yesterday? Yep.

Crows*

Now the team is saying.

ALl the sportsnet tsn and score analysts are being told to "be around" tommrow.

This station is a joke sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad