GDT: GDT #1 Utah Hockey Club vs New York Islanders | October 10th | 7:30 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
4 out of 20.
Not trying to pester you on this, but it is literally 2 new forwards replacing 2 old forwards - you don't count that as 4 out of 20 new players. The Oilers brought in 5 new players to replace 5 old players - according to your logic that is 10 out of 22 replaced, for nearly 50% roster turnover. It doesn't work that way. This roster is substantially the exact same roster as last year, with 2 new players. I think most of us are happy with those upgrades but to suggest this is significantly different roster from last year is bizarre.

Reactions: Zeeker

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
I'd argue a full season of MacLean starting on the roster and Engvall gone is another change. He only played 32 games last season.
It's certainly a minor change (Maclean was on the playoff roster, after all), but I'm not convinced Maclean over Envgall is really a significant or positive change. Regardless, the basic point I was trying to make is that this year's roster is essentially the same as last year's, with a couple of minor changes, so we probably shouldn't expect the team to perform much differently.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
"Thru one game, the Lee, Pageau, Holmstrom line has generated zero scoring chances in 10 minutes of ice time."

Pierre Engvall is more useful to this team than the Captain and an old JGP

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Another fair point. The whiny narrative that this is the same roster is wrong.
Not sure why you feel the need to characterize a difference of opinion as whiny. Just stating facts that the roster is substantially the same, with two minor changes up front. I think they're probably positive changes, and hope they work out well. I'll just continue to temper my expectations that this year's roster is much different than last years.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
"Thru one game, the Lee, Pageau, Holmstrom line has generated zero scoring chances in 10 minutes of ice time."

Pierre Engvall is more useful to this team than the Captain and an old JGP

There is no Pop and Sizzle to that line yet this year however I do not think The Biscuit will help make it Pop or Sizzle in any shape way or form.....

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Re-watched how the 4th Utah goalie occurred. I've seen better D coverage in my men's adult dek hockey league than what Dobson showed there. Yikes

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Not sure why you feel the need to characterize a difference of opinion as whiny. Just stating facts that the roster is substantially the same, with two minor changes up front. I think they're probably positive changes, and hope they work out well. I'll just continue to temper my expectations that this year's roster is much different than last years.
Your facts are wrong. That’s not an opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad