GDT: GDT #1 Utah Hockey Club vs New York Islanders | October 10th | 7:30 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Just don't see that "it" factor in Dobson that lead to memorial cup alpha males wins. Get angry already play pissed. Take over a game. It's been how long now? He is pissing away millions soon by being passive. Can carve out a career but it's looking more and more he won't be that guy some thought. Still pulling for him as the next step would really really help the team but c'mon brother......get pissed
He’s gonna get paid no matter what. His defensive gaffes will be overlooked because he’s a 70 point defenseman. That’s all most will see.

The reality is he’s costing the isles 10-14 points each year in the regular season with his gaffes. Luckily the Isles salvaged a point out of it against a WC team.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Didn’t see any comment on Barzal. He wasn’t skating at all.
Horvat was. It seemed like the plan was to find Horvat in prime spots and get him the puck.

On that line there will be times where one guy may outshine the other two. I didn't think Barzal had a bad game in any fashion.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Christ, the people down here who experienced the tornadoes are panicking less than the posters here!

Frankly, the minute I saw the Bailey tribute, I knew it was going to be a Twilight Zone game :laugh:

Hopefully, Bones didn't have a PTSD reaction to it . . .

Utah's HC assisted Roy in Colorado, they played us the same way Roy is teaching the team to play and they got the better of us last night. That's a heck of a team who will make the playoffs barring a lot of injuries.

Dobson will be hearing over and over . . . Again, again, again

Any of you Tsyp skeptics do your mea culpa yet?

Chill people, the apocalypse is not upon us.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Nelson looked better at ES than he did all preseason. When palmieri isn't on a heater his turnovers are hard to bear.
I thought he had a poor camp and so did Dobson. Seems to have carried over. Nelson was largely ineffective and gets lost on coverages between the hashmarks-either too high or too low.
Dobson and Romanov should want to burn the tape of this game. Woof.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
We’re already one game in and no goals for Brocktober?

On a more serious note, this is a contract year for him so it’s obviously in his best interests to play well and score goals. No matter how it pans out, I’m horrified at the prospect of signing him to a long term deal given his age and his lack of intensity. That combination typically doesn’t bode well for a long career into your mid-30s and beyond.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Folks, isles added Duclair and Tsyp, and didn’t bring back clutter and Martin. That’s 20% of the roster right there that’s not the same from last year. Most teams in the league return 80% of their roster from the previous season.

Get over yourselves with the same roster BS

Reactions: leeroggy

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Christ, the people down here who experienced the tornadoes are panicking less than the posters here!

Frankly, the minute I saw the Bailey tribute, I knew it was going to be a Twilight Zone game :laugh:

Hopefully, Bones didn't have a PTSD reaction to it . . .

Utah's HC assisted Roy in Colorado, they played us the same way Roy is teaching the team to play and they got the better of us last night. That's a heck of a team who will make the playoffs barring a lot of injuries.

Dobson will be hearing over and over . . . Again, again, again

Any of you Tsyp skeptics do your mea culpa yet?

Chill people, the apocalypse is not upon us.
one game in and you want people to mea Culpa lol. i have no opinion of the kid one way or another but 1 game and you want this lol

• Haha
Reactions: MJF and Zeeker

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
one game in and you want people to mea Culpa lol. i have no opinion of the kid one way or another but 1 game and you want this lol

Yes I do
It will be less painful now
As his play continuee to impress and you don't do it, the cost arises, and eventually it will be like the 10 plagues of Egypt!
Repent or face your fate!

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Meanwhile, this loss continues an obvious multi-year trend, but it’s “just one game.”

A loss like this would’ve caused panic prior to 2022, but over the last couple years it doesn’t rank in the top ten worst losses - most of us are numb to the ineptitude at this point.

Reactions: Throttle and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad