GDT: GDT #1 Utah Hockey Club vs New York Islanders | October 10th | 7:30 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
The absolutely pathetic 4min PP should not be overlooked. I don’t think it makes any difference tonight but if Whalstrom is in the lineup he has to be on PP2 or he should be in the press box. Holmstrom on the PP won’t work

Reactions: duster19

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
The absolutely pathetic 4min PP should not be overlooked. I don’t think it makes any difference tonight but if Whalstrom is in the lineup he has to be on PP2 or he should be in the press box. Holmstrom on the PP won’t work
Numerous times it was brought up tonight how the pp needs a one timer option or at least the threat that someone is going to shoot.

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Duke took a useless tour and dropped the puck to Dobson skating directly at him who was skating into an oncoming defenseman. A turnover was inevitable since Duke put Dobson in a poor position with the puck.
Why the f*** was Dobson skating right at him in the first place? The definition of putting yourself and your teammate in a bad spot. If Dobson has the play in front of him (which he did) and saw the defensemen there, he shouldn’t have driven down the wall in the first place.

Instead of giving Duclair an outlet to pass to, he decided to charge down the wall, ask for the puck, and promptly turn it over

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Dobson is a terrific offensive player but is equally as horrific as a defender and he has not gotten any better since he has come into the league. Should proceed with caution when it comes to AAV with him.

PK is still a major concern. Pelech and Pulock can talk all they want about getting their swag back but put up or shut up. They both sucked on the PK tn.

The top 2 lines absolutely have potential to be very good. The other lines may take time to at least do their jobs.

I worry the most about this D core. If pulock and pelech are what we saw last year then its simply not good enough to contend.

Its game 1, but it was very much more of the same as last year.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Why the f*** was Dobson skating right at him in the first place? The definition of putting yourself and your teammate in a bad spot. If Dobson has the play in front of him (which he did) and saw the defensemen there, he shouldn’t have driven down the wall in the first place.

Instead of giving Duclair an outlet to pass to, he decided to charge down the wall, ask for the puck, and promptly turn it over
Bc Dobson is thinking offense. Plain and simple. He’s a bonehead defensively and makes critical point losing blunders.

People explained it away last year bc he had 70 points. Not gonna work this year.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
My opinion after watching the game live

-Duclair and Tsyplakov are legit here. I like both and they add much needed holes on the roster
-Holmstrom had a solid game. I dont think he was that bad
-Pageau/Dobson/Lee/Wahlstrom were the worst players. I think that Wahlstrom is cooked. Nobody is saving him. Please get Gauthier in ASAP because you need speed with Maclean and Cizikas.
-Varlamov was shaky. I dont think he was that solid. Ilya should've started but I can completely understand why he aint playing
-PK needs work...Still...
-Noah Dobson's good and bad side came to play regardlessly. He really needs to fix defense, but where he still shines is offense. We really do need more out of the defense regardlessly. Romo had a poor game too.

-Utah's jerseys are clean. I actually love the baby blue
-Guenther and Cooley are brutal and so much fun to watch. I think them just leaving Arizona's entire debacle has them playing smoother
-Sergachev is a massive gain from the Lightning. I feel like that trade is their version of the Boychuck deal.
-If there is anyone who I barely noticed, It was Doan. That goal at the end was his first touch or something. Not a good look for a guy that some wanted as a possible calder candidate IMO

Overall, okay game, but very sloppy. Its clear this team needs Engvall in it more than a guy like Wahlstrom or even Lee. If we are gonna overreact, save it for the next few games. I think that if we want to leave with a very good positive, its that our top 6 should be fine.

Reactions: chico19341

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Bc Dobson is thinking offense. Plain and simple. He’s a bonehead defensively and makes critical point losing blunders.

People explained it away last year bc he had 70 points. Not gonna work this year.
Exactly my point. Even if you don’t agree with the play Duclair made, the play that directly resulted in the rush that led to the goal against was whatever Dobson was doing there

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Exactly my point. Even if you don’t agree with the play Duclair made, the play that directly resulted in the rush that led to the goal against was whatever Dobson was doing there
and Dobson also needs to understand that he isnt gonna stay around longer if he cannot play defense. its those mistakes that can mean the difference between home ice and no playoffs.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Agreed.

I was kinda shocked to see Roy put him out there. He swapped him out in that defensive zone face off. I was like, smart move. Then…Roy put him back out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad