GDT: GBR vs. NOR May 20, 2024

JimXVX

Jan 3, 2017
I think we need to win this by several goals to have any hope of avoiding relegation. As ever, we've been completely outclassed skill-wise at this level; Kirk is our only player who'd get a sniff of any of the other rosters in the group.

Reactions: Summer Rose

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I think we need to win this by several goals to have any hope of avoiding relegation. As ever, we've been completely outclassed skill-wise at this level; Kirk is our only player who'd get a sniff of any of the other rosters in the group.
No, you just need a win after 60 minutes. Or a win in OT and another win tomorrow vs. Austria.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
I didn't want our team to end up in a situation like this. But now it has happend, this is a MUST win game, in regulation time that is.

We certainly have to put on a better preformance in this game than we did vs the Austrians that's for sure.. This game can go either way. In other words: Im nervous.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Was always disappointed Coyotes didn't give Kirk one single game, just for the fun of it. I notice the Norwegian commentators (Bonsaksen/Dahlstrøm) fears him for this game.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Kind of mean, GB should have had a PP after a high-sticking on Kirk, and instead Norway scores.

I'm good though.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The last time GB didn't went down they came back from a 0-3 deficit vs. France. But I honestly cannot see that coming today.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
I thought GB would come out with guns blazing knowing that a win in regulation against Norway would have allow them to stay in the top group next year. But Norway came out with fire after yesterday's loss to Austria. That game was pretty much a wake up call for the Norwegians who a desperately trying to stay in the top group next year as well.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well - now I am... Norway weren't even moving on the PP and GB still let it get to Nygard.. Being honest.. it's the right result.. Brits had a great run and they now need to mix it up with Italy, Romania, Ukraine, Japan and Poland/Kazakhs.. It's not the strongest Div 1 A so certainly a chance to come back.

Reactions: Chainshot

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He literally got a stick under his skate. Nice definition of dive.
He did not. His stick was beside the skate. Didn't look like he pushed the skate but he could have. They have to call a penalty there because it could have resulted in a scoring chance but offsetting penalties could have been called if they weren't sure.

Last edited:

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
I haven't seen Liam Kirk much on the ice even on GB's last PP. The last thing I want to hear is another injury from him given his history when it comes to injuries.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He did not. His stick was beside the skate. Didn't look like he pushed the skate but he could have. They have to call a penalty there because it could have resulted in a scoring chance but offsetting penalties could have been called if they weren't sure.

undefined - Imgur.png

Since you can't slow-mo while it's live it's the best shot I was able to get but I think it's good enough to say the least. You can clearly see the blade under Zucc's skate.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad