Speculation: Gavrikov's Future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gavrikov's Future

• Extend

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Let walk at end of season

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Trade to a team he wants to go to (NMC)

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Who's the 7th D, Burroughs as it has been said he can play both sides?
I was instinctively ready to make a your momma joke here, but I can't have two Ls in one thread and find that your mom was eaten by cannibals like Biden's uncle

On the capwages website, there is no way to sign RFAs in GM mode, so I had to find my inner Chaka and tag Spence's name in there

1721942634172.png

1721942782758.png

Reactions: MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
I was instinctively ready to make a your momma joke here, but I can't have two Ls in one thread and find that your mom was eaten by cannibals like Biden's uncle

On the capwages website, there is no way to sign RFAs in GM mode, so I had to find my inner Chaka and tag Spence's name in there

View attachment 897064

View attachment 897065
I was thinking Burroughs with a slight chance of Caleb Jones

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Caleb Jones and Jacob Moverare are headed to the AHL.

Burroughs plays both sides and has better stats than Englund. He played on the 2nd pair in San Jose. Englund was on the third pair in LA and much maligned by the fans.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Somehow I miss the days when Edler and Maata were our depth defensemen. Too bad Rob Blake spent too much money on overrated players to be unable to overpay for mediocre players.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I don't see any of those players ready EXCEPT Kirsanov because he is older and been playing in Russian. He will be 22 soon and I heard he's a solid 200 lbs.
I'm not saying ready NOW. I'm meaning over the course of the four year Edmun contract. I do think KK will be ready next season.

If the plan was to extend Gav, then you'd have LHD1 and LHD2 filled for many years. With Edmun, you'd have all three spots filled for 4 years -- and each paid $4-5M+. You don't think any of the young guys will be ready to step in over the course of the next FOUR years?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Caleb Jones and Jacob Moverare are headed to the AHL.

Burroughs plays both sides and has better stats than Englund. He played on the 2nd pair in San Jose. Englund was on the third pair in LA and much maligned by the fans.
I think Moverare is a solid 3rd pairing guy and we are wasting him

This makes the Edmundson signing even more frustrated. He is gonna get claimed and become a fixture elsewhere

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Moverare has passed thru waivers a few times (I think 3) already and no one picked him up. Wouldn't worry about that. I believe he also has a two year deal now to avoid teams taking him.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
I'm not saying ready NOW. I'm meaning over the course of the four year Edmun contract. I do think KK will be ready next season.

If the plan was to extend Gav, then you'd have LHD1 and LHD2 filled for many years. With Edmun, you'd have all three spots filled for 4 years -- and each paid $4-5M+. You don't think any of the young guys will be ready to step in over the course of the next FOUR years?
If I was Kirsanov and I saw the Kings signed Gavrikov to an extension, I would be thinking where's my path to play. I would just stay and play at home where i can make more money.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I don't see any of those players ready EXCEPT Kirsanov because he is older and been playing in Russian. He will be 22 soon and I heard he's a solid 200 lbs.

I stook next to Dvorak in Vegas last year - he's very young and skinny.

Kings could roll out:

Doughty-Anderson
Kirsanov-Clarke
Edmundson-Spence
Extra: Burroughs

As much as I liked Englund, he's gone. Either traded, waived and picked up OR waived and put in Ontario.

Look at the free agent D next year...Provorov (we are paying him anyways), Chychrun, McCabe, Borgen, Byram (RFA).

Good take. Englund's ticket to playing all 82 games, was that he could fight...and skate a regular shift. And not be a glaring liability....be 'serviceable'. Team player. He did all of that.
By signing Edmundson and acquiring Jeannot, there are 2 guys that can fight and one of them is his replacement. I would guess that Burroughs becomes the 7th defenseman and Englund, Jones and Moverare don't see much NHL ice (or any) unless there are injuries.

Dvorak is probably 2 year away. Will be a big year for him. I am always blown away, Voynov played 3 years in the AHL...yet probably was good enough to play on the Kings after 1 season in the AHL.
I think Walker and Roy played 2 seasons in the AHL. That seems to be the norm. Durzi 1+? But DD injury gave him his shot. Mikey was 1 year, I think.

Kirsanov is listed at 220. Someone (KP?) posted he was not in the best condition / physical shape, or something like that. I may be unclear on that. (sometimes it's not being able to be conditioned when coming back from injury process...not being able to fully workout) Hopefully, that has changed and being in LA last month, the staff has him on a fitness regime...given, he has voiced he wants to sign. Yannetti is always mindful of physical strength and projects how long it may take, underweight, developed prospects. He's spoken of QB, being FAR away from being physically developed after his draft....said Ziemmer had his body weight 'distribution' wrong. ? I guess fitness, related?
He's talked about Dowd not being at the physical condition he should have been at age 25! And then Jack Hughes not physically developed and under weight, just said this Summer, The good thing, was that Glen Murray said after camp, that Hughes had come a long way in 1 year. Maybe he knows if he doesn't have a great senior year, he does not get a contract. I hope he gets 30-40 pts and finally elevates.

So, Roy lost and 3 added. Edmundson, Burroughs and Jones. That almost makes it look like those 3 'replace' Roy, Englund and Moverare. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Utah

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fans went really easy on Englund. He was far from being the whipping boy. He wasnt great but he exceeded expectations most people had coming into the season.

Englund was weird. He was excellent (relatively) until like January...I was like holy shit I was terribly wrong good job blake

And then after January 1 he was arguably the worst day-to-day D man we've seen on the Kings in a decade. Literally. Spence's numbers even WITH him are bat shit insane, and Englund's were STILL some of the ugliest NHL stats I've ever seen on a playoff team. At that point, he became who I thought he was.

Edit: if anything how Spence played with Englund shows me he'll be amazing with Gavrikov and the future 3LHD

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad