Speculation: Gavrikov's Future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gavrikov's Future

• Extend

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Let walk at end of season

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Trade to a team he wants to go to (NMC)

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Would will happen or what should happen? What should happen is the Kings should tell him they aren't resigning him and offer to try to trade him at the deadline to a few teams he is willing to go to for anything they can get. What will happen is they'll be a middling team trying to squeak in the playoffs, think they are competing and hold onto him like they did Roy, and let him walk in the offseason after the first round exit or barely missing the postseason.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I'd like to extend him at a reasonable rate, but he's probably asking Roy money or more. Leaning more to moving him & planning for the future instead of overpaying him on a long term contract.

Should have differentiated between what should happen & what will in the poll.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
What do we do with Gavrikov?

What kind of AAV is Gavrikov looking at on his next contract? Roy just got 6?
If it were a sane org, you'd move him at the deadline. But since its Blucifer with some irrational agenda - you'd have to trade him before the deadline to make it appear like you're still contending. Its hard to think rationally about what to do when you know they wont do it. The most likelly scenario is to run out the clock like they did with Roy and then claim he wanted too much next July 1..continue to minimize asset value in the name of the cosplay contending narrative.

Edit: and no I wouldnt extend him for any price. He's slow, doesnt hit, and doesnt score. He's defensive IQ is very high.. but for 6 mil I want more.

Last edited:

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Gavrikov already took a 2 year deal specifically to set himself up for a huge payday with a higher overall cap. He’s not settling for a deal that is anything close to reasonable.

Unlike with Roy though, I think this time if BLuc are still here they will offer Gav stupid money and re-sign him to become our latest albatross. With Roy, they had Spence and Clarke who will ostensibly be given the opportunity to fill his minutes. They will have no such options on the left side.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Gravikov 2024 AAV $5,875,000 he's a UFA in 2025
If he gets 7m that's only a 1.125m more from LA
If LA lets him walk/trade LA would save around 5m by playing a ELC Dman.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Gravikov 2024 AAV $5,875,000 he's a UFA in 2025
If he gets 7m that's only a 1.125m more from LA
If LA lets him walk/trade LA would save around 5m by playing a ELC Dman.

Who do they have on the LHD for an ELC, no one really..Moveare, ouch...Englund...ouch.....you'd have to have someone make a MAJOR leap in the AHL for that to happen,

I'm not saying keep him, but they would have a top 4 LHD hole to fill if they do

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Who do they have on the LHD for an ELC, no one really..Moveare, ouch...Englund...ouch.....you'd have to have someone make a MAJOR leap in the AHL for that to happen,

I'm not saying keep him, but they would have a top 4 LHD hole to fill if they do
LHD Depth

Anderson
Gavrikov
Edmundson
Englund
Moverare
Jones
Hicketts
Krygier
Booth

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
What do we do with Gavrikov?

What kind of AAV is Gavrikov looking at on his next contract? Roy just got 6?
Trade him, go to him and see if he wants to try and go to contender at deadline. Sign Krill Kirsanov. Unfortunately the Kings backward thinking will have them sign him to 5.5x 6 and then Krill or any Ld other wont sign.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Very real possibility that LA is not in the playoff hunt at the TDL. If not, he's traded.

If they are, he's Matt Roy. They can't give this guy a big money, big term contract. I like the guy but he's not that good. If they make the playoffs and get bounced again, what is the point of signing this guy up until he is 35 or 36?

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I don’t really want to sign him for what he’ll probably ask for but man, if he walks I have no clue who the full that void with. It so odd that a lot of the rhd they draft or acquire via trade pan out while the LHD seem to get lost in limbo. Only options are Movarere, Kirsonov and Dvorak but if Mo was an option he’d probably be playing while who knows if Kirsonov or Dvorak will be ready.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If they can sign Krill Kirsanov, think he can he could play next year. Mark Yannetti has said he thinks he's about ready

So the best case scenario here is this?

Anderson - Doughty
Edmundson - Clarke
Kirsanov - Spence

It’s a good thing we had that insane prospect depth and then didn’t have a plan for the future lol

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
He’s going to want more than 2 years on his next deal. And as long as the team is competitive he won’t be moved before the trade deadline. He’s going to move on most likely because I doubt he gets a long term deal in LA if he plays to his career average.

Health was also a problem last year, and Blake has shown a willingness to cast aside guys who miss time that he was counting on to move some needles.

If he secures a bag with LA, it will be once again a disappointing move doomed to fail from day one. Most likely he plays at the same level he is currently at, and Blake is outbid on day one of free agency on route to closing the books on another set of bad decisions with nothing to show for it.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I wouldn't want to pay him more than he's currently earning but on the other hand I don't really have an answer for what to do with the left side if he's gone. Gonna have to trade for or sign somebody else which would be a risky endeavor.

So I'm guessing the Kings will be forced to sign him to a terrible deal from the teams point of view.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s way too early to have a view. This lineup will be different both in terms of being tougher and playing a different system. So you wait and decide once you know how it comes together (or doesn’t). There is so much that needs to happen before a remotely valid view can be given.

If you jump that far ahead in the bedroom there’s going to be some very unsatisfied partners out there.

Also for those saying that he’s not that good… he elevated Matt Roy significantly. He’s not flashy but he’s an important piece, but I don’t yet have a view on what we do should do with him. I think I’d start Clarke with him though.

Reactions: yankeeking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad