News Article: Garrioch hit piece on Gallagher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Should have been harsher but happy to see something at least.

Reactions: Deku

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Is it Stuetzle or Stützle? I assume Garrioch would know...but?

Kinda weird, considering the photo itself shows Stützle, but Stuetzle is an acceptable way of writing Stützle if your keyboard/typeset/whatever doesn't have the ability to write a ü. So either he hasn't figured out how to write one easily or potentially another valid concern can be that other people's coding wouldn't display it properly, though that's kind of outdated as that doesn't really happen much anymore these days.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Boo-boo !!

The Habs will be in town to face the Senators on April 23. That will be Ottawa’s final Saturday night game of the season and the final opportunity to skate with a Hockey Night in Canada audience watching.

Fans will be waiting with great anticipation to see if anybody takes care of business with Gallagher. Ottawa captain Brady Tkachuk is already a thorn in the side of the Habs and you can see by the wide smile he always wears that he loves facing Montreal.

The expectation is while we won’t have to wait long for Stuetzle to return, he’ll miss his second game and that’s an indication that the hit from Suzuki deserved a lot more attention than all the headlines Gallagher received.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Its funny that the MTL account tweeted out every interview that night…. aside from Gallagher’s. It’s like the organization doesn’t condone such actions.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not one who usually promotes retaliation but I do hope we go after Gallagher hard.

Not to fight him but just make a point to play him especially hard. His body is already breaking down, let's make sure he is extra sore going into the summer.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Gallagher thinks Stutzle embellishes .. I'm sure he's not alone.

There is a little tale about a boy who cried wolf.
Gallagher had nothing to do with Stutzle's injury .. He was commenting on him going down looking hurt and bouncing up to play on the power play and smiling. If the Sens want to target someone I would think the guy who actually kneed him should be the target vs the guy who complained about him embellishing when that is what it could easily be interpreted as at that time.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Is tim actually injured? He has a sore knee? Did he embellish, probably? Are the Canadiens sore losers, yes.

Would not call this article a hit piece in anyway. Trying to save face.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Stu wouldn’t miss games to save face, DJ wouldn’t scratch Stu to save face.

It’s the habs, we’re more likely to go and punch face than worry about saving face based on their comments.

I mean we have a history of that :)

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Stu wouldn’t miss games to save face, DJ wouldn’t scratch Stu to save face.

It’s the habs, we’re more likely to go and punch face than worry about saving face based on their comments.

I mean we have a history of that :)
If you know that to be 100% true then you are right, but you don't. Happens all the time in sports. perception is everything.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If you know that to be 100% true then you are right, but you don't. Happens all the time in sports. perception is everything.
Naw, that’s fan fiction so that in the absence of any factual information some fans default to needing to be right in their assessments.

The easiest path here in this situation, the common sense approach, would be to avoid conspiracy theories, and simply assume that the coach and player are being legit. As usual there are far too many people that would have to perpetuate the fabrication for it to be feasible, especially given the reasoning.

Stu is injured, he could play today if the games mattered, but they don’t, so he isn’t. I don’t believe, given what we see from the players on the team in general, that they or Stu, or the coach, would advocate sitting out and pretending to be hurt so that Gally can look wrong on HFSens. Certainly no one in Hab land cares at all. We went through this with Subban and Stone’s microfracture. No one cares if the guy is actually injured in habland, all they care about is that it was a ‘bullshit’ call at the time and the refs suck and the Sens are fakers.

Perception is important, I agree, but the perception of a player sitting out faking an injury just to try and save face based on another team’s players comments, is really terrible. As in there is zero chance the Sens would do that. No chance Brady would be cool with that, or Stu, or DJ.

They’ll just go and put the hurt on the Habs on the 23rd if they’re still sore about it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Gallagher had nothing to do with Stutzle's injury .. He was commenting on him going down looking hurt and bouncing up to play on the power play and smiling. If the Sens want to target someone I would think the guy who actually kneed him should be the target vs the guy who complained about him embellishing when that is what it could easily be interpreted as at that time.
I hope we see a double!

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Lol, the Habs have their hands full trying to contain Chucky anyway. Good luck. I'm positive Chuck can't wait to talk to Gallagher, then maybe lay a huge hit on a couple of their little dudes.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
No point in 'going after' Gallagher. The best revenge is to humiliate them while scoring 10+goals on them next game, most of which when Gallagher is on the ice. Some media chirps will be fun too

Also, if Gallagher does anything remotely out of line, then beat the crap out of him but focus on beating that entitled and annoying franchise

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The only way you can love Gallagher would be to have him on your team. Even his mom needed to become a Habs fan.

The guy is a little rat. I am not even sure how NHL players refrain themselves from destroying him. I'd probably be suspended for life already if I had to play against him

A total **** on the ice, and maybe he's fine outside of the rink but when it's related to hockey, his emotions makes him look like a total idiot, as evidenced once again.

Don't worry about Stu's reputation in the NHL, Gallagher's must be terrible

Some even take him as a little ragdoll

But this says it all :

I wouldn't want to talk shit about anybody who doesn't truly deserve it but in this case, I'm sorry but Gallagher is a little piece of ****.

Call up Tyler Kleven already and let's see how fast Gallagher get up after meeting him lol. Second customer would be the small kid, ok thanks

Last edited:

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
The only way you can love Gallagher would be to have him on your team. Even his mom needed to become a Habs fan.

The guy is a little rat. I am not even sure how NHL players refrain themselves from destroying him. I'd probably be suspended for life already if I had to play against him

A total **** on the ice, and maybe he's fine outside of the rink but when it's related to hockey, his emotions makes him look like a total idiot, as evidenced once again.

Don't worry about Stu's reputation in the NHL, Gallagher's must be terrible

Some even take him as a little ragdoll

But this says it all :

I wouldn't want to talk shit about anybody who doesn't truly deserve it but in this case, I'm sorry but Gallagher is a little piece of ****.

Call up Tyler Kleven already and let's see how fast Gallagher get up after meeting him lol. Second customer would be the small kid, ok thanks

The 1st video has Sergachev throwing Gallagher to the ice.
Sergachev ... an ex-team-mate - hmmm...

Reactions: bicboi64

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

The fact it was a clear knee shot and that he bounced up pretty damn fast is what makes the take bad. The penalty was already called - Timmy having that panic moment and then realizing he is OK is totally normal.

I have certainly done that and would expect anyone who is active and plays sports has had a similar situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad