Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We need to get younger players we finally got rid of a trash contract In Carter an we pick up another 32 year old veteran 4 liner at a whopping 3 million Pittsburgh also has limited cap space most NHL 4 line players make 775K -1.5 million Pittsburgh likes to pay 3.25 million we have enough veterans over the age of 30 we have 3-4 younger players that could of filled this roll at league minimum contracts #Dumbass
Play station GM.
Kid with a new toy.
But he works hard at sounding smart

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Waiting for our next Acciari to join with too much term and at a cap hit nobody else would want him for.

.... and for Sid to announce he's not signing an extension this year and will see how the year goes.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This summer's gonna be like last summer minus all the excitement and hope brought on by the EK rumors and acquisition. :laugh: So, in short, dogshit.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
An undersized Bahstan boy over 30…
AB I remember used to kill the pens when he was an Islander but he looks more like a guy you throw a PTO at than a contract. Hopefully the Pens are just being coy… Dubas seems like a pretty secretive guy and is probably not letting local media know his game plan for today.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Outside of trades, the roster is pretty full. I wouldn’t expect anything more than depth/WBS. We signed plenty of guys last year that never made the big club or only got a few games.

Precisely. If the plan - that we have yet to really see - is to sell stuff off, leave some cap on the table to take on contracts that will inevitably come up plaguing contenders. That's how you nail sweeteners.

Plenty of youth to give a shot to.

If you feel like you have to sign anyone, sign 1-year deals exclusively so you can flip them.

[...because in no way is the plan feasibly to compete next year, sadly]

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Outside of trades, the roster is pretty full. I wouldn’t expect anything more than depth/WBS. We signed plenty of guys last year that never made the big club or only got a few games.

And the depth signings will ultimately beat out the Poulin's, Ponomarev's, Koivunen's and even Puljujarvi's and Puustinen's of this world. Because, Sullivan.

Not even mentioning Yager anymore. I mean, you have to sign a contract to play in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad