Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Gotta admit I’m impressed nobody has made a thread yet pointing out Sid hasn’t signed his extension within the first 8 hours of being able to so clearly he wants traded to Colorado.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't mind Beauvillier. I hope it's a 1 year deal with no trade protection and they can flip him at the TDL. But I'm sure it'll be some 3 year bullshit with a full NTC for the first two.

Don't get me wrong, if it comes to pass it does nothing to improve the team or make them more watchable. Just saying, none of that matters anymore. /shrug

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not even trying to be positive for the sake of it, I actually don’t mind Beauvillier if it’s for dirt cheap (should be).

Prefer him to a lot/most of the unqualified RFAs people seem to covet.

Reactions: Sideline

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Gotta admit I’m impressed nobody has made a thread yet pointing out Sid hasn’t signed his extension within the first 8 hours of being able to so clearly he wants traded to Colorado.
I’m sure it’ll get done but I mean, how complicated could an extension with Sid be at this point? This is likely his last contract. Not like he’s going to into his prime so there’s a lot to consider with $$$ and term.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Pens having a scheduled "Happy Birthday POJ!" tweet go out almost at the same moment the report comes out that they did not come to an agreement is probably going to do a better job than any of us could at summing up today as a Pens fan.

Also, how much must it blow to be an NHL player who's birthday is July 1?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Brett Leason didn’t get qualified by Anaheim. Would like him on our 4th line. May also have a bit of offensive ability untapped that we can also not use.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Beauvillier, even at league min, is pretty cooked. He was intriguing maybe a few years ago, especially against the Pens, but he's been replacement level for awhile. It would be the definition of a mid fill-in guy who's role and production could be replicated by just plugging a younger dude in and letting him stew.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Beau is just going to be someone who I think “any WBS player we bring up could likely give us the same amount of production.”
I think that’s very possible but the guy was a 15g, 35-45 point guy for like 5 years, and just had 1 truly poor year.

Still had 17 p in 60 games bouncing around 3 diff teams which beats the Carters and Acciari’s of the world (played more min though)

For a no risk around league minimum guy his resume isn’t horrible. I’m hoping you get him back to like 18 G, 20 A, 38 P pace and flip him. With his salary so low he should be available to everyone and net you like a 3rd.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
7 years at around $9M per for Jake in TB according to Bob McKenzie
With Jake finally having signed his contact, I have officially won the bet with my season ticket partner. He was insistent when we made the bet that Jake wouldn't get more than 5 years or over $6.5 Million dollars. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go send a text message full of heavy, heavy gloating.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Beauvillier, even at league min, is pretty cooked. He was intriguing maybe a few years ago, especially against the Pens, but he's been replacement level for awhile. It would be the definition of a mid fill-in guy whose role and production could be replicated by just plugging a younger dude in and letting him stew.
This post is making Sullivan blush. Really fits the mold of a Pittsburgh Penguins UFA signing. Just needs to be for too much and too long.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think that’s very possible but the guy was a 15g, 35-45 point guy for like 5 years, and just had 1 truly poor year.

Still had 17 p in 60 games bouncing around 3 diff teams which beats the Carters and Acciari’s of the world (played more min though)

For a no risk around league minimum guy his resume isn’t horrible. I’m hoping you get him back to like 18 G, 20 A, 38 P pace and flip him. With his salary so low he should be available to everyone and net you like a 3rd.

Good, we don’t have enough of those.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I always liked Beauvillier (specifically his playoff games) on the Isles, but he’s exactly the same type of undersized, “hard working” winger that fizzles out here.

Hope I’m wrong!

Wowzer he had a bad year last season. Production has been pretty solid before that.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad