Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not against St. Ivany as the #6 but ideally for me he’s the #7. On this team the #7 will still play more often than not but I’d rather he play 50-70 than guarantee him 82 based on a small sample size. Maybe Rutta back, or sign Dumba if he’s cheap.

Ludvig then is the #8 which I think is fine for him as well.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
No chance in hell Nick Robertson is coming to Pittsburgh unless Toronto let's him walk, which if they qualified him they can't, right?
He's refusing to sign and has requested a trade. Treliving and Dubas reportedly have a positive relationship. While I'm sure Shanahan would kill any significant trade, I doubt a Robertson one would move the needle for him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's not a cap problem, it's a roster spots problem. You can't give young guys a chance if you just take on a bunch of shitty contracts for assets.
Well honestly, I don’t think Dubas and Sullivan have any interest in giving young guys a legit shot for the next season or two, despite the words coming out of their mouths…

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's refusing to sign and has requested a trade. Treliving and Dubas reportedly have a positive relationship. While I'm sure Shanahan would kill any significant trade, I doubt a Robertson one would move the needle for him.

He's gotten a QO. He has no arbitration rights. There is no power he has.

Toronto ain't trading with us. I'll be mouth on the floor shocked if we acquire Robertson via trade.

I’m not against St. Ivany as the #6 but ideally for me he’s the #7. On this team the #7 will still play more often than not but I’d rather he play 50-70 than guarantee him 82 based on a small sample size. Maybe Rutta back, or sign Dumba if he’s cheap.

Ludvig then is the #8 which I think is fine for him as well.

I don't think we have the money to sign both a RHD and a LHD. Not sure why we would sign a RHD over a LHD.

It would be cool if we could somehow pull Ryan Johnson out of Buffalo for Eller or whoever they are rumored to want. Jacob Bryson would also be a decent signing, I don't think he got qualified. He's small tho.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
No problems with POJ not getting qualified especially with some of the other names out there who also didn’t get tendered. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up back here when nobody else really shows interest. Kind of weird that they just had him in some PR piece walking around Giant Eagle though.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Just seeing the preview it sounds like he’s just saying the same stuff the majority of us who have seen all-time terrible rosters warn.

Considering how miserable it gets here for teams that miss the playoffs in the last week I can’t wait to see how some of you hold up to a team that wins once a month.

I imagine a good portion of the posters who are "excited about the rebuild" will be gone within 3 years.

Modern Penguins fans talk about how the 2001-2004 Penguins era was so dark. That was 3 seasons without the playoffs and then we basically got the best prospect of all time.

Murray played 37 games and 0 in the playoffs for COL

so no, he didn't "win" a Stanley Cup with them

1719803735943.png

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I imagine a good portion of the posters who are "excited about the rebuild" will be gone within 3 years.

Modern Penguins fans talk about how the 2001-2004 Penguins era was so dark. That was 3 seasons without the playoffs and then we basically got the best prospect of all time.

View attachment 890367
Yeah he was the petitioned add due to injury. f***in wow. Still played nothing of note.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

depressing list lol.
None of the local reporters seem to have a good gauge for the Penguins' actual targets at any point in time. I don't think anyone had Smith, Eller, Acciari, or Graves pegged as potential targets last year. We were all stunned with the Smith acquisition, and the free agent signings came out of left field.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I’m purposefully trying to ignore anything related to NHL free agency and trades etc.

I want to go into next season completely fresh.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
None of the local reporters seem to have a good gauge for the Penguins' actual targets at any point in time. I don't think anyone had Smith, Eller, Acciari, or Graves pegged as potential targets last year. We were all stunned with the Smith acquisition, and the free agent signings came out of left field.

How do you live with the cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay