Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I wonder what team I would choose if given free choice of all NHL teams and didn't have strong support for Pittsburgh.

Maybe San Jose or something.

Think it all just comes down to personal preference at least if you are a star.

When you have that much money and are living in just about any city that currently supports an NHL franchise... you're gonna be set up.

Reactions: Lust for Life

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Agreed, but some ppl have their agendas. They take things entirely out of context because is doesn't fit with their ridiculous and baseless narrative.

The Jake trade looking back was fantastic. Anyone who disagrees is either a Jake fanboi or a person who can't accept the inevitable rebuild.
Yeah, I’ve honestly been pretty happy with that trade and the Karlsson trade. Those are the two biggest moves Dubas had to make, and he’s handled them very well. So I can understand disliking Sullivan, but the Dubas hate makes no sense to me.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Probably just cope from me but I dont see how Jarry to Detroit doesnt happen eventually. Yzerman cant go into another season with just Husso and there must be pressure on him to make the playoffs soon. Free agency only has at best 1B types in Brossoit/Stolarz.
Personally I think he’s after Askarov. I know if I were a GM and I needed a goalie, Tristan Jarry wouldn’t exactly be at the top of my list right now

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, I’ve honestly been pretty happy with that trade and the Karlsson trade. Those are the two biggest moves Dubas had to make, and he’s handled them very well. So I can understand disliking Sullivan, but the Dubas hate makes no sense to me.

Dubas continues to allow Sullivan to be Sullivan.

There. I just added your first reason.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think he extracted good value. And it's very early, but the draft picks he's had and the prospects he's accumulated, well, so far so good. Really intrigued by Ilyin in rd5 last year.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
If you're comin' to HFboards for some high brow, intellectual discourse then buddy have I got some potentially shocking news for you.
This board has had some excellent and long tenured posters, including guys who have established reputable, professional careers. And it still does. So yeah, I do expect to come here for intelligent conversation sometimes. Calling it high brow to give it negative connotation doesn’t help anything.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I get it, I just hate putting people on ignore. Sometimes someone’s just having a bad day, or 4 years later they’ve grown a bit as a person. Then I might be missing a good point from someone with a different but legitimate perspective

Bunting was a salary dump by Carolina in the trade. He was a 4th liner with term that they moved out with hope they could re-sign Jake.

I ask myself this all the time.

What could it possibly be?!?

People love being wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why would people be miffed at me, I’m hilarious?

Your bathroom every morning

1719774013977.gif

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Bunting was a salary dump by Carolina in the trade. He was a 4th liner with term that they moved out with hope they could re-sign Jake.

People love being wrong?
No one in their right mind views Bunting as a 4th liner. lol

Again you're not a serious person. You're as incoherent as Biden. Stage left my man.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Dubas continues to allow Sullivan to be Sullivan.

There. I just added your first reason.
Dubas has been here for less than a season, and the guy is widely viewed as a top coach in the league, even being selected to lead the US Olympic team. So I’m willing to give Dubas the benefit of the doubt here with a roster that is clearly not going to contend for a Cup with or without a coaching change.

I’m intetested in seeing what Sullivan does with Rierden out of the mix this year. I’ve never been a fan of Rierden, and the fact that he had his hand on the powerplay and defensive group makes a lot of sense to me with how this team has played. I also understand the frustration with some of Sullivan’s personnel moves, but I can’t think of a coach who hasn’t had the same issues over his tenure with the Pens.

I think he extracted good value. And it's very early, but the draft picks he's had and the prospects he's accumulated, well, so far so good. Really intrigued by Ilyin in rd5 last year.
Agree. And Yager obviously looks like he has the potential to be a big win for us.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dubas has been here for less than a season, and the guy is widely viewed as a top coach in the league, even being selected to lead the US Olympic team. So I’m willing to give Dubas the benefit of the doubt here with a roster that is clearly not going to contend for a Cup with or without a coaching change.

I’m intetested in seeing what Sullivan does with Rierden out of the mix this year. I’ve never been a fan of Rierden, and the fact that he had his hand on the powerplay and defensive group makes a lot of sense to me with how this team has played. I also understand the frustration with some of Sullivan’s personnel moves, but I can’t think of a coach who hasn’t had the same issues over his tenure with the Pens.

Agree. And Yager obviously looks like he has the potential to be a big win for us.
So glad to have a measured and well thought out poster aboard.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

Ah, I was trying to be nice, but you’re a Sullivan truther. Got it. Good luck sir!

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Even if he was a cap dump because he didn't fit in with Carolina, he provided the Pens with a much needed spark, and he has, so far, fit in well.

That might change, like, Mike Sullivan might "correct" him, but he was great "throw in" for the Pens.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Even if he was a cap dump because he didn't fit in with Carolina, he provided the Pens with a much needed spark, and he has, so far, fit in well.

That might change, like, Mike Sullivan might "correct" him, but he was great "throw in" for the Pens.

I have amended my initial take that Bunting sucks and said he was a good piece. That doesn’t change the reality of his part in that trade.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

How many teams flipped their coach last year and immediately turned their fortunes around?

Getting hung up on coaching in the NHL is folly. Always has been... probably always will be. It's not the NFL. I don't understand also how you can say in one sentence how it's pointless to fire the coach because they cannot contend but you are also interested in what Sullivan can do without Reirden? What's the point? Don't you think Reirden's decisions were being largely informed by the head coach, regardless? Hell... Mike basically picks the roster. I'm quite sure he's in total control of the bench.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia