GDT: GAME XXXI: Avs in Oil - Here Comes the Sludge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Many thanks for the GDT props from Avs and Oilers fans alike!
happy-oil-drop_35422-113.jpg

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Why does everyone think we are losing this or that this is going to be horrible? I believe we are going to see nice performance from Avs, easy 5-2 victory here.

Reactions: Foppberg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why does everyone think we are losing this or that this is going to be horrible? I believe we are going to see nice performance from Avs, easy 5-2 victory here.
Oilers have been playing some good hockey and getting some good goaltending from both guys. Avs cant make a 3 foot pass to each other. This is an easy Oiler win. Its time to stop all this Avs are a Stanley cup contending team talk tonight hehe.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I can understand the trepidation going into this one. Avs sometimes struggle against the really stingy defensive teams that don't let shots through (and you can bet that'll be an issue tonight). Plus, let's be honest, some of the bad habits that led to the 5-game skid earlier are creeping back in, for instance, as RSC pointed out in his 30-game mark article on The Athletic, they're not defending the slot area well at all.

Plus, it's McDavid. They shut him down very effectively the last game, but we'll see about this one. I'm cautiously optimistic but we'll see. I'm hoping this brand-new 4th line makes some waves.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oilers have been playing some good hockey and getting some good goaltending from both guys. Avs cant make a 3 foot pass to each other. This is an easy Oiler win. Its time to stop all this Avs are a Stanley cup contending team talk tonight hehe.
Lol we are terrible. We lost Kamenev and aren't first in the West. Lost 2 of the last 3. Game over

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Avs tend to lose against teams with a C that can match up against MacK.

McDavid is one of those guys.

The year long hot streak for MacGinnon has officially ended. Dark times are ahead.

Reactions: Steerpike

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

McDavid is one of those guys.

The year long hot streak for MacGinnon has officially ended. Dark times are ahead.

Mack will explode tonight for three points

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

U guys beat us quite bad last time. I’m hoping for a better game

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Rants and Mack are due for a big night. These 1 point games have gone on for a while

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012

100% this. Its one of the few things that bothers me about Bednar. He refuses to adjust and just simply matches top lines. I know he split them up the other night so hopefully he's starting to see the error.

Not even saying split them up. Throw soderbergs line out there against McDavid with Zads (who seems to be able to contain McDavid a bit) and see what happens. Opens up the top line to be matched with one of the Oilers crappy lines.

If McDavid starts destroying the new matchup then just match top lines again before he goes off too much.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Glad to get off the road. I think we will get back to playing our hockey here at home. We had to have been a little tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad