GDT: Game VIII: Dont get burned by the Flames please

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like a true rebel, I've never owned a pigeon jersey.

iu

I have a robo Pens jersey :D.

Go Pens go!!
iu

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Straka and Kasparitis for me (outside of the obvious big guns)
Morozov, Straka, Kaspy, Kovalev, Hrdina, Kraft, Surovy, Melichar, Moran, McKenna, those are the names that pop up for me for some reason when I think of that logo outside of Mario and Jagr wearing it.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I have a white Robo Pen Naslund jersey.
I bought an Adidas Authentic jersey because the Fanatics ones are ass, I noticed that the way the Adidas ones fit are also crap but less crap than Fanatics, but the Reebok were the best, they had the small cut outs at the bottom that just fit better, I am thinking about taking my jersey to a tailor to get them to do the same.

But the Adidas Authentics I bought were the Malkin Diagonal Pittsburgh, also the same for Crosby, and then I finally gave in and bought a lot of the Stadium series ones. There's a few good places some blokes told me that I can get the name plate, numbers, etc stitched on. I definitely only ever wear these to games and my wife ends up wearing one of them as well.

All 3 of the 2019 ones (The main one, then the two practice ones - all black and all yellow ones)
The 2022 P one, also blank.
The place offered me the Stadium series from 2017 but I said no thanks, that one is just a flat out ugly jersey.
I do have a Fleury jersey for the ugly vegas gold/white/black jersey as well as when the Pens started to switch back to the current (old school) set in the black roads, but I also ordered a road Wild jersey of Fleury's as I am going to attend both Wild games and hopefully they start MAF in one of them.

I do miss how the Reebok ones fit though, always just felt better to wear, the CCM's were so bulky and boxy feeling, but yeah wife isn't happy I bought more Jerseys after I said I wouldn't anymore, I plan to just shadow box them and display them later, I have the rookie cards, some autographed, pucks, other memorabilia that will look great in the theater room and "man cave" area near the bar.

Fanatics is absolute garbage though, I just wanted a Penguins hoodie, just to wear around the house and the sizing doesn't make any sense. A Large fits like a Medium, but the XL and XXL fit like a Large and a slightly smaller XL but not large either.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
This game reminded me of this article...

I remember posting about this back in July about how dumb it was to say 6'2" was small for a goalie, like since when? Because of a few giants in net in the league? Size queen. But I felt he had Blomqvist ranked far too low and then his bias for goalies he liked he ranked higher and they were smaller - like Wolf. Not that Wolf was a bad choice, just the fact that he put that as a knock on Joel and yet he had Wolf high up.

But he had Wolf as #6, then a bunch before Blomqvist at 15 which was absolute bullshit.

It would have been a fun duel if Wolf was playing vs Blomqvist for this one (Vladar sucks).

I wonder how that ranking will go next summer.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's an adult small. The sleeves are definitely too short now. Adult sizes have gotten bigger over the years so it's funny comparing those sizes.
I have no jersey's left from back in the day. I did have the diagonal, wife bought me, but I told her none of the pigeon stuff from there out and gave the diagonal away. The only stuff I had/have is the skating penguin.

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
I am not ashamed to admit I was also a big fan of Milan Kraft, that release he had was elite, his skating not so much.
Sigh... I held on to the dream of him finally breaking out his entire time in Pittsburgh. You would think I would have learned my lesson on being optimistic, but no, no I have not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad