GDT: Game VII 1500hrs EST: Pens vs Flying Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The best part of this stat is most want to say goaltending is why but then you see the Ducks goalies and it shits all over that narrative.
Well Blomqvist has been pretty solid. Ned's only played one game but I didn't have a big problem with most of the goals he gave up today.

TJ has been flat out bad, but also wasn't done any favors by the d in front of him.

And...the Pens team defense has been flat out bad. Igor Shesterkin would have a tough time not giving up 3/game in front of this d.

Reactions: Andy99

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
4 forwards in the corner digging for the puck, no one in front or around the hash marks, no one helping in case the puck ends up on a jets stick, and then the defense pinches to cause an empty net breakaway.....

Just like Reirden drew it up.... I mean Quinn.... Or Dan Potash .... Or Iceberg

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This is who we are this season: playing actually OK with some juice and lose by 3 getting scores 6 on, especially against good team, with 58 and 65 anchoring defense we have no chance , we will be under .400

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The D is so bad you basically have to get a new coach if this continues... right?

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
The D is so bad you basically have to get a new coach if this continues... right?
He’s back to the overly aggressive defensive scheme that he was using in 19 and 20. It’s going to be shitty all season if he doesn’t adjust. Our guys are way too slow and way too dumb to play like that.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I mean I don't want to say I f***ing told you lot but...

I
f***ing
Told
You.

Quinn had the same f***ing issues as Sully and now they're together having the same issues. Why would anyone be shocked?

Well Blomqvist has been pretty solid. Ned's only played one game but I didn't have a big problem with most of the goals he gave up today.

TJ has been flat out bad, but also wasn't done any favors by the d in front of him.

And...the Pens team defense has been flat out bad. Igor Shesterkin would have a tough time not giving up 3/game in front of this d.
Lol

Reactions: Duffy13

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
The whole “Big 3” narrative has always been such bullshit.

This is/was always Sid and Geno’s team.

Letang was/is just female fan eye candy.
Honestly, with just how strict the penguins are with retiring numbers it'll just cheapen it. I mean he's been fine, a "#1 D" some of the time but nothing integral.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
4 forwards in the corner digging for the puck, no one in front or around the hash marks, no one helping in case the puck ends up on a jets stick, and then the defense pinches to cause an empty net breakaway.....

Just like Reirden drew it up.... I mean Quinn.... Or Dan Potash .... Or Iceberg

Hey now…leave Iceburgh outta this!!! :rant:

He’d probably make a much better coach than the balding schmuck we have now who is clearly cosplaying as one.

• Love
Reactions: Duffy13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad