GDT: Game VII 1500hrs EST: Pens vs Flying Machines

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Sick they scratched Jars.
IMO, the scratch with Ned starting is a bigger shot at Jarry than Blomquist getting half the games so far. If Jarry was in a "let him work through it" situation he'd be on the bench.

This makes me think he's a few good Ned starts away from Dubas sending him to ride buses in the A.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Per Pens inside scoop all of the changes to start the game…
- Blomqvist is backing up Nedeljkovic
- Bunting and St. Ivany officially scratched
- O’Connor moves up with Crosby
- Puljujarvi gets a look with Malkin and Rakell
- Acciari back at center, Glass up to wing
- Puustinen making his season debut

Reactions: Ulf5 and Sideline

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I don’t agree with scratching Bunting or playing Acciari at C, but I like the shuffle regardless.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Scratching Jarry is a good first step. Now waive/trade him too.
I think you still wait until Ned gives you a good start or two. Right now the Penguins have 1 goalie that might be NHL ready, 1 guy that's been a career backup coming off injury, and one headcase that was a mediocre starter only ~12 months ago.

Once Ned proves he's good to go, then you set Jarry adrift on an ice flow.

Reactions: Ulf5 and Andy99

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
He was pretty damn good with the leafs before Sully got his hands on him.
And yet his atoi dropped after his best season in TO, his atoi dropped here and his atoi continues to drop in St. Louis. That's 3 coaches now that think Kap isn't the solution.
Incidentally, his best goal and ppg averages were his 1st season in Pittsburgh (although only 40 games). Under Sully.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think you still wait until Ned gives you a good start or two. Right now the Penguins have 1 goalie that might be NHL ready, 1 guy that's been a career backup coming off injury, and one headcase that was a mediocre starter only ~12 months ago.

Once Ned proves he's good to go, then you set Jarry adrift on an ice flow.
Honestly they've got Larsson in the minors who didn't look terrible in camp. Looked better than TJ tbh.

I see no compelling reasons to keep TJ on this roster.

Reactions: Andy99 and Sideline

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly they've got Larsson in the minors who didn't look terrible in camp. Looked better than TJ tbh.

I see no compelling reasons to keep TJ on this roster.

Issue is what do you do with him? I figure he's basically untradeable and waiving him will just block opportunities for Murashov in the AHL.

Keeping him as a healthy scratch on the NHL roster may honestly be the best option right now.

Reactions: Sideline

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Issue is what do you do with him? I figure he's basically untradeable and waiving him will just block opportunities for Murashov in the AHL.

Keeping him as a healthy scratch on the NHL roster may honestly be the best option right now.
Hopefully Dubas is working the phones double time to try and get rid of him. It would probably be worth doing even if they have to eat salary on it. His vibes are cursed.

I would consider putting Jarry on waivers. You don't have to send him down if he clears, but see if anyone is willing to take him. If he clears and there's no takers I guess you can hold onto him and let him work on his game in practice and eventually give him another start if Ned/Blom stumble. But oof. Would hate to see him start again for the Pens. I just don't see it ending well.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad