Post-Game Talk: Game V Pens win: Geno is so score

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I was planning to watch on delay, to find out it was another Turner game that Fubo didn't have. F****g boo.

Geno is having another terrific start, and to score 500 from being the guy whose Russian death metal YouTube vid I binged hard to a top player of all time is wild. Half my life the guy has been here.

Jarry - 3 in 5 is indefensible. Blom looked good in the game I saw and Ned is fine. Send Jarry to a psychologist, whatever. He is hurting us. Take him away.
That was a sick video.

Reactions: canadianguy77

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You get zero respect because you come off as a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Just word your arguments better. You have good points sometimes.
That's not what pisses people off. It's me not sharing mainstream opinions.
You went nuclear on me because of my thoughts on the Oilers during this playoffs. And you've been a complete kunt to me since.

When we didn't have contrasting opinions, we got along totally fine (for years). So it's clearly not my delivery.
I just have to agree with everything you care about, or there's a problem.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Even in his good seasons he has made a habit of both getting injured and collapsing down the stretch, though. In 2021's case he literally just was the reason they lost in the playoffs period, point blank.
Jarry collapsed under the pressure of returning crowds after the Covid year with empty arenas. He couldn't handle the atmosphere. That's pretty much it.
He deserves blame for that series, yes. All of it? No way.

Our offense scored 16 goals in 6 games. If I recall that was good for 10th out of the 16 teams in round 1 in G/PG.
Crosby, Guentzel, McCann, Blueger, Tanev, Matheson all sucked in that series but get no heat from the fans.

50 shots in game 5 in Pitt, no? Many of the HDC variety. 2 goals? Everyone gets a pass for that because Jarry choked in OT?
It shouldn't have even gone to OT. It was a league #2 offense. Stop shooting at the goalie's pads.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jarry collapsed under the pressure of returning crowds after the Covid year with empty arenas. He couldn't handle the atmosphere. That's pretty much it.
He deserves blame for that series, yes. All of it? No way.

Our offense scored 16 goals in 6 games. If I recall that was good for 10th out of the 16 teams in round 1 in G/PG.
Crosby, Guentzel, McCann, Blueger, Tanev, Matheson all sucked in that series but get no heat from the fans.

50 shots in game 5 in Pitt, no? Many of the HDC variety. 2 goals? Everyone gets a pass for that because Jarry choked in OT?
It shouldn't have even gone to OT. It was a league #2 offense. Stop shooting at the goalie's pads.

That’s called having a goalie.

Also nobody got a pass.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Literally everyone gets Jarry isn't good right now and shouldn't be playing, yet we gotta keep rehashing old shit from 3-4 seasons ago because I guess it makes some grown ass "men" really happy to say told you so for hoping and predicting a player will fail and doesn't deserve help or anything.

We get it, a lot of you love to see players fail just to say I knew it!

Meanwhile we see players slump all the time and keep getting played a f*** ton to play out of it or just because Sullivan loves them to death for some reason, but in this case, this is a player that has shown he can be good, isn't at the moment and looks to be very lost with finding his way back to being good, the best they could do is find a way to get him games and that to me is only in WBS, not on the big club. But to act like he was this awful goalie most of the time is ridiculous, even if you want to hate the player for whatever idiotic reason, you can't sell that bs to everyone.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Literally everyone gets Jarry isn't good right now and shouldn't be playing, yet we gotta keep rehashing old shit from 3-4 seasons ago because I guess it makes some grown ass "men" really happy to say told you so for hoping and predicting a player will fail and doesn't deserve help or anything.

We get it, a lot of you love to see players fail just to say I knew it!

What do you mean 3-4 seasons ago?

19-25-5 was his record last season, Nedeljkovic´was 18-7-7 in front of the same team.
Jarry was the primary non-Sully reason we didn't make the playoffs.

It is true as Aurora, you and others say that Jarry has had sustained stints of very good hockey for the Pens, but it is also true that he turns to shit when it matters (virtually always) and is absolutely horrible when he isn't good.

Doesn't make me feel good saying that any more than concluding that if I am standing outside in the rain, then I am going to get wet.
What would make me feel good was if he was somewhere else than on the roster of my favorite team.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
What do you mean 3-4 seasons ago?

19-25-5 was his record last season, Nedeljkovic´was 18-7-7 in front of the same team.
Jarry was the primary non-Sully reason we didn't make the playoffs.

The other stats:

Ned - 2.97 GAA and .902 Sv%
Jarry - 2.91 GAA and .903 Sv%

So it's not as cut and dry as you want it make it seem, there's more to the story there and its that Jarry was fantastic for months and the last week of February and whatever else he played in March brought his numbers down a ton.

Ned, who I don't fault at all for what he brought, was ass in the Pens final stretch but the Penguins scored at an insane rate that allowed them to win games while giving up 3+ goals a night.

Staring just at the "record" of each goalie is not indicative of the entire f***ing story mate. If you were to ever go back and look at the stats from October to Dec or October to January or even until Mid February, you can start to see where the decline starts to happen and the team didn't get better defensively when Ned was playing as the #1 in the final 15 or 16, they just randomly found their scoring touch or the delayed new player after the TDL syndrome hit a little later and inflated the scoring a ton.

I'll help you out.

Go to NHL.com, stats, go team, do the whole date thing from March 16 to April 18th
Penguins:
Record: 9-4-3
GF/G - 4.00 (1st)
GA/G - 3.59 (28th)

From Oct 10 - Feb 29th (before Jarry's game went straight to shit up to this point he had a couple of bad games here and there but was mostly still consistent)
Record: 25-21-8
GF/G 2.95 (22nd)
GA/G - 2.70 (Tied for 4th with NYR)

Here's the shocker - The goalie stats. Jarry and Ned were pretty damn good from October to February, 4.5 out of the 6 months of the season. But yeah, sure, mostly ass all season, I guess 1.5 months is all season. For goalies, it takes a week of bad games to destroy their numbers, so stat cherry pickers can just pick it apart without context.

Jarry: 17-18-4, 2.59 GAA and a .912sv% (that game against Philly murdered his sv%, he was .916 until Feb 22nd)
Ned: 9-4-4 2.67 GAA, .915sv%

Like I said, Jarry wasn't a problem for most of last season, but his final month and a half was so bad that it paints an entirely different picture for a lot. He wasn't just bad, he was f***ing awful, brutal.

From March 1st to April 18th:
Ned: 9-3-3, 3.30 GAA, .886 sv% - Got bailed out by scoring a ton, he wasn't good either.
Jarry: 2-7-1, 4.45 GAA and .869sv% - Yuck.

But to act like Jarry was the reason they missed the playoffs, lol, get the f*** out of here. You couldn't be more f***ing wrong if you tried. The Penguins weren't a playoff team for a lot of reasons and it wasn't because of how Jarry played in March, which as f***ing garbage as he was that month and to end the season, wasn't going to suddenly shift this team that was a non playoff team for 99% of the season, into one.
It is true as Aurora, you and others say that Jarry has had sustained stints of very good hockey for the Pens, but it is also true that he turns to shit when it matters (virtually always) and is absolutely horrible when he isn't good.
Stints are maybe a week or two or a month of being good and then mostly average to bad, Jarry has been better than that, I get it, a lot have soured after the way his final 2 months ended last season and starts this season, but sell that other shit to someone else and don't quote me to argue that nonsense.

He had one situation where he played very well in relief of Murray vs the Habs before Murray was gone.
He was awful against the Islanders, which doesn't excuse his play but so were a lot of the players on that team that series.
He had one situation where he was injured and couldn't help.
He had the wheels fall off in the last month and a half of last season - YET...the team was never a playoff team when Jarry was playing well from October to December, to act like this team was like 4th in the East or some shit is ridiculous, the Penguins couldn't score for shit and were relying on Ned and Jarry to win them games from Oct-Jan, then when both weren't playing well, we saw Jake get moved and suddenly they abandoned trying to play defense (which they weren't entirely awful at really, but in that final 15-16 games, they were almost letting up 3.5 goals a game while scoring at around 4 per game) altogether and just started scoring at some unsustainable rate for the final 15 games.
Doesn't make me feel good saying that any more than concluding that if I am standing outside in the rain, then I am going to get wet.
What would make me feel good was if he was somewhere else than on the roster of my favorite team.
I don't get what the f*** you are trying to get out of this.

Reminding us of what, shit we already know but want us to remember it the way you did? I could give less of a f*** mate. Right now, Jarry sucks and shouldn't even be on the f***ing roster, focus on this part, stay with me here mate, no distractions, let me repeat it again.

JARRY SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS ROSTER RIGHT NOW, HE SHOULD BE WAIVED OR TRADED, WHICHEVER f***S THIS TEAM OVER THE LEAST OR HAS A CHANCE OF FIXING THINGS ENOUGH TO MOVE THE PLAYER VIA TRADE AND NOT GIVE UP AS MUCH, BUT AGAIN - JARRY. SHOULD. NOT. BE. ON. THIS. TEAM.

We all agree on that. The rest is just beating a f***ing dead horse and making up lies for how many times you had to hit the horse to beat it to death.

It's like no matter how much anyone agrees that Jarry isn't good right now and shouldn't play, it's not enough, some of you lot need to really just keep mentioning it over and over for some reason, not sure what the f*** you lot want to gain out of it to be honest but it's idioitc.

But don't come at me with incorrect shit. Like it even matters, you lot don't care about context or anything, just this emotional reaction to disliking Jarry for just existing at this point and that's the part that I find entirely pathetic.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The other stats:

Ned - 2.97 GAA and .902 Sv%
Jarry - 2.91 GAA and .903 Sv%

So it's not as cut and dry as you want it make it seem, there's more to the story there and its that Jarry was fantastic for months and the last week of February and whatever else he played in March brought his numbers down a ton.

Ned, who I don't fault at all for what he brought, was ass in the Pens final stretch but the Penguins scored at an insane rate that allowed them to win games while giving up 3+ goals a night.

Staring just at the "record" of each goalie is not indicative of the entire f***ing story mate. If you were to ever go back and look at the stats from October to Dec or October to January or even until Mid February, you can start to see where the decline starts to happen and the team didn't get better defensively when Ned was playing as the #1 in the final 15 or 16, they just randomly found their scoring touch or the delayed new player after the TDL syndrome hit a little later and inflated the scoring a ton.

I'll help you out.

Go to NHL.com, stats, go team, do the whole date thing from March 16 to April 18th
Penguins:
Record: 9-4-3
GF/G - 4.00 (1st)
GA/G - 3.59 (28th)

From Oct 10 - Feb 29th (before Jarry's game went straight to shit up to this point he had a couple of bad games here and there but was mostly still consistent)
Record: 25-21-8
GF/G 2.95 (22nd)
GA/G - 2.70 (Tied for 4th with NYR)

Here's the shocker - The goalie stats. Jarry and Ned were pretty damn good from October to February, 4.5 out of the 6 months of the season. But yeah, sure, mostly ass all season, I guess 1.5 months is all season. For goalies, it takes a week of bad games to destroy their numbers, so stat cherry pickers can just pick it apart without context.

Jarry: 17-18-4, 2.59 GAA and a .912sv% (that game against Philly murdered his sv%, he was .916 until Feb 22nd)
Ned: 9-4-4 2.67 GAA, .915sv%

Like I said, Jarry wasn't a problem for most of last season, but his final month and a half was so bad that it paints an entirely different picture for a lot. He wasn't just bad, he was f***ing awful, brutal.

From March 1st to April 18th:
Ned: 9-3-3, 3.30 GAA, .886 sv% - Got bailed out by scoring a ton, he wasn't good either.
Jarry: 2-7-1, 4.45 GAA and .869sv% - Yuck.

But to act like Jarry was the reason they missed the playoffs, lol, get the f*** out of here. You couldn't be more f***ing wrong if you tried. The Penguins weren't a playoff team for a lot of reasons and it wasn't because of how Jarry played in March, which as f***ing garbage as he was that month and to end the season, wasn't going to suddenly shift this team that was a non playoff team for 99% of the season, into one.

Stints are maybe a week or two or a month of being good and then mostly average to bad, Jarry has been better than that, I get it, a lot have soured after the way his final 2 months ended last season and starts this season, but sell that other shit to someone else and don't quote me to argue that nonsense.

He had one situation where he played very well in relief of Murray vs the Habs before Murray was gone.
He was awful against the Islanders, which doesn't excuse his play but so were a lot of the players on that team that series.
He had one situation where he was injured and couldn't help.
He had the wheels fall off in the last month and a half of last season - YET...the team was never a playoff team when Jarry was playing well from October to December, to act like this team was like 4th in the East or some shit is ridiculous, the Penguins couldn't score for shit and were relying on Ned and Jarry to win them games from Oct-Jan, then when both weren't playing well, we saw Jake get moved and suddenly they abandoned trying to play defense (which they weren't entirely awful at really, but in that final 15-16 games, they were almost letting up 3.5 goals a game while scoring at around 4 per game) altogether and just started scoring at some unsustainable rate for the final 15 games.

I don't get what the f*** you are trying to get out of this.

Reminding us of what, shit we already know but want us to remember it the way you did? I could give less of a f*** mate. Right now, Jarry sucks and shouldn't even be on the f***ing roster, focus on this part, stay with me here mate, no distractions, let me repeat it again.

JARRY SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS ROSTER RIGHT NOW, HE SHOULD BE WAIVED OR TRADED, WHICHEVER f***S THIS TEAM OVER THE LEAST OR HAS A CHANCE OF FIXING THINGS ENOUGH TO MOVE THE PLAYER VIA TRADE AND NOT GIVE UP AS MUCH, BUT AGAIN - JARRY. SHOULD. NOT. BE. ON. THIS. TEAM.

We all agree on that. The rest is just beating a f***ing dead horse and making up lies for how many times you had to hit the horse to beat it to death.

It's like no matter how much anyone agrees that Jarry isn't good right now and shouldn't play, it's not enough, some of you lot need to really just keep mentioning it over and over for some reason, not sure what the f*** you lot want to gain out of it to be honest but it's idioitc.

But don't come at me with incorrect shit. Like it even matters, you lot don't care about context or anything, just this emotional reaction to disliking Jarry for just existing at this point and that's the part that I find entirely pathetic.
Lots of projection here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad