Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I know a lot of people talk about Crosby and his run for a historic 20th consecutive PPG season, but if Geno can stay healthy and do the same, he'd join Adam Oates as the only age 38 guys to accomplish such a feat.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Nothing is obvious with projecting goaltending. Even Vasilevskiy and Sorokin had down years. Jarry did have .919 and .921 seasons before. It's not like there was no history of success.
This was the most obvious disaster contract that I can ever remember.

It's also incredibly insulting to compare Jarry to Vasilevskiy in any way. Sorokin has always been overrated but he's still obviously a much better goalie. This is why it's important to watch the games and take into context how a guy plays rather than just looking at his stats. Jarry literally has no history of success at the professional level. In fact, he has a lengthy history of failure when it matters the most. This was also true when the contract was signed.

This is pretty pointless to argue and all I am doing is venting because this turd almost stunk enough to overshadow an otherwise great night for the team and two legends.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Maybe a team sees something in him and claims him. But i'd also not doubt he plays well for the remainder of the year for that team before falling apart.
I'm cool with that being a them problem, regardless of who they ends up being. I genuinely want to succeed and get it together. Heck, I'd love to see him back a winning round with whoever they are, but it's been shaky ground for a while and the crowd turning on him won't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 66-30-33

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
As long as we score 6 a game this team can compete....

I only got to watch highlights but our defense is legit worse than last few years.
I dunno if it’s “worse.” They seem to be giving up around the same number of odd-mans as last season The entire D-corps is way more aggressive though.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's also incredibly insulting to compare Jarry to Vasilevskiy in any way. Sorokin has always been overrated but he's still obviously a much better goalie. This is why it's important to watch the games and take into context how a guy plays rather than just looking at his stats. Jarry literally has no history of success at the professional level. In fact, he has a lengthy history of failure when it matters the most. This was also true when the contract was signed.

This is pretty pointless to argue and all I am doing is venting because this turd almost stunk enough to overshadow an otherwise great night for the team and two legends.

it’s weird that people act like Jarry had success when he’s literally lost every competitive game possible with Penguins.

Oh wait this is the guy who said Bunting is a top LWer in the game because of points per 60 isn’t it?

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Fair to say Malkin is the best player in the NHL history that never got a chance to be the #1 guy on a team ?
Well, he did have that one clean sweep of awards in 2012 ;) I go back and forth on if I think he'd preferred that run with Sid uninjured (winning or not); he's had plenty of chances to *be* number one.

Hey, too: *hugs for Columbus*

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Who's cutting onions in here????:heart:
After all these years it does get a bit emotional I must admit. I actually created one of Geno’s first fansites way back when he was still in Russia. I think it’s still up in some shape or form lol.

It’s been a hell of a journey watching these 2. Going from Mario and Jagr to Sid and Geno, I couldn’t have picked a better team back in 1984.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
After all these years it does get a bit emotional I must admit. I actually created one of Geno’s first fansites way back when he was still in Russia. I think it’s still up in some shape or form lol.

It’s been a hell of a journey watching these 2. Going from Mario and Jagr to Sid and Geno, I couldn’t have picked a better team back in 1984.
I just think about how fortunate we still are to watch these guys and the end is near…it’s sad…I’m still going to watch as many games as I can for that reason, even if I have to put up with Sullivan and Jarry lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Make that bad boy with Geocities?

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Make that bad boy with Geocities?
I think it was Tripod lol. Here it is. Don’t judge me. I was in my early 20s and didn't know anything about web-design. I was an earth sciences major at the time.

Last edited:

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I think it was Tripod lol. Here it is. Don’t judge me. I was in my early 20s and didn't know anything about web-design. I was an earth sciences major at the time.

You've got some work to do updating his career stats...

1729140041977.png

Edit: This wallpaper is something else lol

1729140191878.jpeg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

It's also incredibly insulting to compare Jarry to Vasilevskiy in any way. Sorokin has always been overrated but he's still obviously a much better goalie. This is why it's important to watch the games and take into context how a guy plays rather than just looking at his stats.
Lmao. This rears its ugly head again. I get zero respect here. Zero.

I've participated in like hundreds of GDTs with you guys over many years now. You were present in them and I had interactions with you during them. Do you have amnesia?
Made literally thousands of comments about individual plays during games. I give opinions on events in real time. It's pretty damn clear that I'm watching and analyzing.

I never claimed I don't factor in my own eye-test at all into my opinions. That's just a braindead conclusion some kunts here came up with all on their own, because it suits their narrative.
I use stats to consolidate what I watched. You know why? Because that's the most honest and reliable way to go about it.
Then I use stats to provide evidence to go along with my eye test, so my posts have more of a foundation.

It's the peak of arrogance to assume someone isn't watching and analyzing because they came to a different conclusion than you.
You're not even right about Jarry. He has had multiple strong seasons and multiple average ones.
If people actually believe he's among the very worst then they have no idea what's happening around the league.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

I've participated in like hundreds of GDTs with you guys over many years now. You were present in them and I had interactions with you during them. Do you have amnesia?
Made literally thousands of comments about individual plays during games. I give opinions on events in real time. It's pretty damn clear that I'm watching and analyzing.

I never claimed I don't factor in my own eye-test at all into my opinions. That's just a braindead conclusion some kunts here came up with all on their own, because it suits their narrative.
I use stats to consolidate what I watched. You know why? Because that's the most honest and reliable way to go about it.
Then I use stats to provide evidence to go along with my eye test, so my posts have more of a foundation.

It's the peak of arrogance to assume someone isn't watching and analyzing because they came to a different conclusion than you.
You're not even right about Jarry. He has had multiple strong seasons and multiple average ones.
If people actually believe he's among the very worst then they have no idea what's happening around the league.
Even in his good seasons he has made a habit of both getting injured and collapsing down the stretch, though. In 2021's case he literally just was the reason they lost in the playoffs period, point blank.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006

You get zero respect because you come off as a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Just word your arguments better. You have good points sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad