MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Look at that majestic purple bar for Petts

View attachment 917550
Yea pets + Karlsson

Line 1 ahead of them.

horrible.

I think Gurgles was joking but honestly a Jarry + Graves for Huberdeau trade seems interesting. Calgary is getting total shit for the return but Jarrys contract only has 3 years after this season and Graves has 4. Calgary gets out of a huge salary for 6 more years after this season. Big risk to take for the Pens but you potentially get a good winger for Sid. The last 3 years of Huberdeau's contract will be irrelevant.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't think Calgary would

I was waiting for this update
View attachment 917563
First star of the week potential.
Watch Wolf and u will realize pretty quick they will laugh at this offer…
They would be paying Jarry to be a backup for wolf. He even lives in Alberta. So easy sell to be.
They needed defensemen and Graves would be a solid add and allow them to trade a D at the deadline if they want.

We take shudders 10.5 million Huberdeau.

Jarry and Graves to Edmonton for Nurse

Which team KYS first?

Us. Nurse is buyout proof.
Isn't Nurse McDavid's bff? No way they'd move him.
His NMC says no too.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Nurse is also pretty shit so yeah, seems like a Sullivan/Dubas target

He looks like a dumb giraffe and he plays like one too. But I actually think he would be fine as a number 3 or 4.

I don't want him, to be clear, I'm just saying.. he makes about what Jarry and Graves do.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Yeah that's why it would be..

DOC - Crosby - Rust
Beau - Malkin - Rakell

Since I don't want to break up line three but think beau is the worst forward on the ice, I'd rather either try bunting with Sid and Hayes with Geno and bench beau the second Lizotte comes back.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Saying this is never going to make it true. Hes now a negative value asset because he sucks now like he sucked then. The best available ufa goalie was literally anyone else.
I mean you can look at the other contracts UFA goalies got that year. Korpisalo was the next biggest fish. So yeah, it was one of the worst goalie markets ever.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I mean you can look at the other contracts UFA goalies got that year. Korpisalo was the next biggest fish. So yeah, it was one of the worst goalie markets ever.
A smart GM would stay out of it then. The same excuse of "you had to sign him" were thrown out as soon as it happened. No you didn't. You did not need to further sink this team with such an obviously bad move. Sign whatever crappy vet stopgap would come here to platoon with your other reclamation project in Ned then wait for a trade opportunity with your cap space or pray Blomquist develops quick. It's not that hard to not do stupid things.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Saying this is never going to make it true. Hes now a negative value asset because he sucks now like he sucked then. The best available ufa goalie was literally anyone else.
Then name me someone who was considered better at the time by other GMs. It wasn't Korpisalo. He's been significantly worse than Jarry since anyway.
Shit goaltending is rampant throughout the league atm.
Jarry was coming off a .909 season, which is above average in the league. The year before that .919. He was the right age and had value.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Then name me someone who was considered better at the time by other GMs. It wasn't Korpisalo. He's been significantly worse than Jarry since anyway.
Jarry was coming off a .909 season, which is above average in the league. The year before that .919. He was the right age and had value.
It does suck though that the Pens made what was (at the time, given the information they had) probably the right decision with both Matt Murray and Tristan Jarry and ended up getting bitten in the ass for both of those choices.

But I don't even want to think about TJ tonight. Still basking in the glory of Geno Malkin #500 and Sid #1600. This was their night and I'm glad that Blomqvist played well enough for them to feel good about it.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don't care if he was considered the best goalie on the market by idiot GMs. You let them make the mistake, you don't jump on the grenade yourself. Of course, the point is moot as Dubas is probably the dumbest GM in the league so it's very on par for what he does.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
I believe he was a 2 time all star, as well. He has played some great hockey for the Pens. But what’s happened over the last 1.5-2 years trumps all of that, unfortunately.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
A smart GM would stay out of it then. The same excuse of "you had to sign him" were thrown out as soon as it happened. No you didn't. You did not need to further sink this team with such an obviously bad move. Sign whatever crappy vet stopgap would come here to platoon with your other reclamation project in Ned then wait for a trade opportunity with your cap space or pray Blomquist develops quick. It's not that hard to not do stupid things.
Nothing is obvious with projecting goaltending. Even Vasilevskiy and Sorokin had down years. Jarry did have .919 and .921 seasons before. It's not like there was no history of success.

I agree that they shouldn't have re-signed him, but for an entirely different reason. I don't like them adding fat, long-term contracts at a time where Cups are out of reach.
Often the players can't play up to their cap hit and that makes moving them difficult. It just blocks your flexibility with regrowing the prospect pool. Same goes for Graves.
They were unnecessary risks for next to no potential gain.

But they insisted on "trying" to keep winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad