TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS #654

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Which is why i think she will either die before giving birth or will die in childbirth.

I still fully expect Jamie to be the one to kill her if the prophecy is true. Tyrion is too predictable. I think we are going to see more and more cracks appearing in the Cersei - Jamie relationship. That or he will have to kill her to prevent her from doing something stupid.

Well the fact she went "oh well lol" as a reaction to him as he told her "hey one dragon annihilated our army and she has two more plus a horde of barbarians" is the first crack. Tywin was absolutely right about her.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
What the **** is bran doing in winterfell? Surely he can see what littlefinger is doing and what he has done. Why let him scheme and ruin **** in winterfell? Bran won't last long as 3 eye raven if littlefinger betrays the starks in winterfell.

He's disconnected from what surrounds him at this point. I think his focus is mostly on the Night King. The last few times we've seen him warg he was watching the NK and the WW.

There seem to be a weird connection between him and the NK. What i'm not sure but i think there is more to it than we don't know about for now.

Arya is on LF case. She will likely take care of him at some point before he goes too far in his scheming.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Man soooo much goosebump moments. Jon and Drogon, Jorah's return, the annulment, and the A Team walking through the wall.

The only bone I have to pick, is with the ****in plan.. are they seriously DUMB enough to think Cersei will 1)give them the time of day without ambushing them and 2)help them or care to help them? No. She cares about herself and that's it.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Beric is a goner. Love the character (awesome voice to listen to) but the main thing he's done on the show is die six (or is it seven) times and get brought back to life. If I remember correctly he said that each time he comes back not all of him makes it and the next time he dies would be the last? No better time than now.

I think Thoros could serve some purpose to the plot if the need a Red Priest around- perhaps to explain Jon's resurrection to Dany? Gendry and Tormund have to survive to deal with unfinished business with Arya and Brienne. If someone else dies next week my vote would be for Jorah. I don't know that he has much of a role to play from here on out and a noble death in service of his queen would be a good way to go.

I don't think they'll kill off more than two of the Mag7 but then who knows? (other than Bran)

Agree on all counts

Several times during the episode Jorah caught glimpses of how much Dany cares for Jon and he seems to have made his peace on a potential future with her

And as funny as it sounds, I simply NEED to see something happen between Tormund and Brienne :)

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Well the fact she went "oh well lol" as a reaction to him as he told her "hey one dragon annihilated our army and she has two more plus a horde of barbarians" is the first crack. Tywin was absolutely right about her.

Indeed. She also wants him to punish Bronn which i'm sure Jamie is not too thrilled about since he just saved his life.

On another note i wonder if the COTF will play a role in the outcome of things ? Because after all the WW is their mistake so they probably should try to make up for it. They are able to cast some magic which would be handy in the battle to come.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Man soooo much goosebump moments. Jon and Drogon, Jorah's return, the annulment, and the A Team walking through the wall.

The only bone I have to pick, is with the ****in plan.. are they seriously DUMB enough to think Cersei will 1)give them the time of day without ambushing them and 2)help them or care to help them? No. She cares about herself and that's it.

They have no idea how bat**** insane Cersei really is. Not even Tyrion knows the full extent of her madness.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
"Kidnap the zombie" is the single dumbest plot contrivance in the show's history.

I typed it in here when it was discussed on the show. I still feel the same way. It's stuff like this that tarnishes the legacy of some of these great shows. When the writers say..... we got a hit ... everyone is watching no matter what.... we can do whatever.

After this there will be the five same dead head posters saying you're complaining about this in a fantasy show about Dragons...

Any sci-fi or fantasy show should follow the rules and direction it laid out. Jon spent the entire season talking about how dangerous the WW are and how he can't defeat them. How big their army is? Now some of the closest people to Dany are going to risk their lives to kidnap one?? They don't even know if it will have an impact on Cersei? You think she is going to resign as Queen when the drop a Zombie at her feet? Nothing has been worked out other than a brief meeting with Jamie. Why risk it?

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Is it just me or this "win" for LF seems an awful lot like Cersei's before she was brought down a notch? He was going nowhere before this coup (we need to see how it plays out but still)

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Thoros, Beric and Jorah are my most likely candidates to die next week. LF is next up on the chopping block, but I think they'll reserve his death for the season finale. He can't be safe around Arya and Bran. They'll bust him and they'll chop his head off for plotting against the Starks.

Mine too. I think at least 3 from that group are not coming back.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
They have no idea how bat**** insane Cersei really is. Not even Tyrion knows the full extent of her madness.

After she blew up the Sept everyone should really question her sanity. I mean this was probably one of the most despicable act in the history of King's Landing. I get that the High Sparrow was a major ******* who deserved to die but she absolutely didn't care about killing most of the Tyrells , her uncle Kevan and a bunch of innocents in the process.

Her walk of shame clearly sent her madness on another level.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Indeed. She also wants him to punish Bronn which i'm sure Jamie is not too thrilled about since he just saved his life.

On another note i wonder if the COTF will play a role in the outcome of things ? Because after all the WW is their mistake so they probably should try to make up for it. They are able to cast some magic which would be handy in the battle to come.

There are no more COTF.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
"Kidnap the zombie" is the single dumbest plot contrivance in the show's history.

I don't see the logic behind it either, two things:

1) Cersei is so crazy that I don't see how she would understand/care what the wight is.

2) The army of the dead is travelling in a massive group towards Eastwatch. How do they figure they can go out and grab one without having to take on the whole army? They can't just sneak up on them and grab one away quickly without the rest noticing.

I don't care so much about the jet-packing around, because I understand that the story wouldn't move at all if they showed the characters travelling. But some of these leaps in logic are insane to me - it's like Benioff and Weiss just have a bunch of events they want to set up, but are lacking the execution to make them happen plausibly/logically.

Episode was entertaining though, I won't try to deny that.

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Seriously.. I was pissed when they concocted the plan.. How many times does Cersei have to outwit everyone for them to realize she doesn't give a ****.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Cerci needs to win. How epic would that be? Fans and everyone would be freaking out if she is the last one standing and continues to rule the 7 kingdoms. Dragons, Jon, Dany, all the Starks... dead. WW's - gone.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
After she blew up the Sept everyone should really question her sanity. I mean this was probably one of the most despicable act in the history of King's Landing. I get that the High Sparrow was a major ******* who deserved to die but she absolutely didn't care about killing most of the Tyrells , her uncle Kevan and a bunch of innocents in the process.

Her walk of shame clearly sent her madness on another level.

They're hoping that Jaime will make her listen, or that Jaime will commit some of the Lannister resources to the war against the NK. Tyrion has a lot of faith in Jaime, he knows that Jaime ultimately acts for the good of the realm.

Tyrion is a political mastermind, he'll try to keep Cersei in check through Jaime. That is until Cersei does something crazy and Jaime fulfills the prophecy by killing her.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Is it just me or this "win" for LF seems an awful lot like Cersei's before she was brought down a notch? He was going nowhere before this coup (we need to see how it plays out but still)

I tend to agree. Maybe it's confirmation bias because my original prediction was that LF would get taken down when he thinks he's in control and it would happen this season.

Even if I accept the premise he's set up Arya, initially, I find it hard to believe the note isn't easily explained away by Sansa and that Arya wasn't aware he was watching her. She killed the waif in the dark and trained blind. It'd be pretty ridiculous for her not to be aware LF was lurking in the shadows.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Maybe they kidnap a walker and the nights king let's it happen because that's how the wall loses its magical barrier stopping all the white walkers.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Can we all agree that Lena Headey deserves an Emmy this year? She's been remarkable, effortlessly shifting between the crazy and calculating sides of her character seemingly from one scene (or line) to the next.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't see the logic behind it either, two things:

1) Cersei is so crazy that I don't see how she would understand/care what the wight is.

2) The army of the dead is travelling in a massive group towards Eastwatch. How do they figure they can go out and grab one without having to take on the whole army? They can't just sneak up on them and grab one away quickly without the rest noticing.

I don't care so much about the jet-packing around, because I understand that the story wouldn't move at all if they showed the characters travelling. But some of these leaps in logic are insane to me - it's like Benioff and Weiss just have a bunch of events they want to set up, but are lacking the execution to make them happen plausibly/logically.

Episode was entertaining though, I won't try to deny that.
Agreed. However - why wouldn't Jon take his ninja brigade to Winterfell first? Just to check in on his sister and his people? I get it, they probably just took a boat from Dragonstone to Eastwatch. Is he really that ignorant though? I mean come on. He watched Ned be king for so long you would think he knows he needs to take care of his people.

Or he REALLY trusts Sanza even with LF around.

Which by the way, LF is turning everyone against Jon and Aria read something that's going to make her confront Sanza about something.... Sanza will ultimately banish Aria and the people will ban Jon and call Sanza their leader. Boom. LF wins again. - Just my prediction.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Can we all agree that Lena Headey deserves an Emmy this year? She's been remarkable, effortlessly shifting between the crazy and calculating sides of her character seemingly from one scene (or line) to the next.

She's phenomenal and she'd deserve it.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Agreed.

You know who is terrible at acting though? Emilia Clarke. She is just not convincing at all. I think she is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad