GDT: Game Four - Montréal @ Ottawa - 7P - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not surprising that our worst game of the series is one where the Sens have had control of the puck the most. 43-28 corsi. Habs have absolutely dominated these last two games, especially 5-on-5 in that regard.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Typical Renaud Lavoie interview :

Lavoie : So, ummmm, Bobby, this is a must win game isn't it, I mean, it's important for your team to come out strong in this third period.

Ryan : Yeah, it's do or die, we have to leave it all on the ice in this third period.

Lavoie : Alors la, Ryan nous explique a quel point cette période est importante.

Doesn't really matter what Ryan said, he just confirms his own question. It's so ridiculous.

Haha he always does it. He puts the words in the players mouth and doesn't really listen at the answers. Borderline insulting for the guy that's being interviewed.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Intermission is hilarious from my couch: I'm seeing Breezer (on mute), but I'm listening to Dany Dubé (98.5). It's like Gollum being overdubbed by Gandalf.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
I don't know about you guys, but win or lose, not going to be happy with the effort. Happy with the series won of course....but not the effort. Powerplay has been mind numbingly atrocious... A mix of a lack of strategy and effort. Offensively everything goes to the corners, only for a board battle to be lost. Defensively, no clear exit strategy.

Poor showing from both teams so far in game 4. Our top line players need to get theor s*** together, and our coaching staff as well.. It really wouldn't hurt to have Eller on the powerplay at this point.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Not surprising that our worst game of the series is one where the Sens have had control of the puck the most. 43-28 corsi. Habs have absolutely dominated these last two games, especially 5-on-5 in that regard.

Season habs manage to win most of those games though. "Carey a été Carey" quote coming up.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Good news is that they can make it a tight game vs anybody. But when you lead 3-0 in a series it's frustrating as hell to hold back on any offense.

no 4-1 win for us in the playoffs this year for sure.

Yes, but against a good team like the Rangers, Anaheim, Chicago etc. These teams will come out strong and bury some of their chances. Price will keep it tight for sure. But when your powerplay is firing blanks the habs will lose a key game or two as a result of this. They haven't been burned yet, but they will.

DD has to sit for the powerplay. His lack of a shot needs to staple his ass to the bench.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
If the game was out of hand in our favor, Sens would be gooning it big time. Perhaps a close win is in our best interest.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't know about you guys, but win or lose, not going to be happy with the effort. Happy with the series won of course....but not the effort. Powerplay has been mind numbingly atrocious... A mix of a lack of strategy and effort. Offensively everything goes to the corners, only for a board battle to be lost. Defensively, no clear exit strategy.

Poor showing from both teams so far in game 4. Our top line players need to get theor s*** together, and our coaching staff as well

Meh, they spent 2 days laying around eating and drinking. It's to be expected. We're just lucky the series was 3-0.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Habs will play a better third. First two periods were to play it calm and get the crowd out of it, waiting for Ottawa to make a mistake. Basically play with no mistakes. Now it's 20 minutes. First 5 we'll keep it going. Then attack, get the goal and close it out. Less time for them to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad