GDT: Game 9: Sharks @ Vegas 7pm NBCSCA

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I think there’s a major lack of commitment to detail and playing smart hockey. Too much panic and unsureness leads to tons of lazy penalties.

I do think part of the panic is that losing is habitual and when you get into a rut like this it becomes exponentially harder to get out. They looked pretty good the first few games of the season but every loss is taking a toll and everyone is gripping their stick (except Granlund who has decided to quietly become a star).

we need D that can move the puck and we need Celebrini and we need a win so everyone can chill out a bit, til then, they’re a bad team that’s gotten so deeply into their own heads that it’s going to be a real battle to get out of it.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
2023-2024 San Jose Sharks 1st 9 games = 35 Goals

Thu, Oct 12vs

Vegas
L4-10-1-0KahkonenZadina
Sat, Oct 14vs

Colorado
L2-1 SO0-1-1BlackwoodBlackwood
Tue, Oct 17vs

Carolina
L6-30-2-1BlackwoodZetterlund
Thu, Oct 19vs

Boston
L3-10-3-1KahkonenKahkonen
Sat, Oct 21@

Nashville
L5-10-4-1BlackwoodHertl
Tue, Oct 24@

Florida
L3-10-5-1BlackwoodBlackwood
Thu, Oct 26@

Tampa Bay
L6-00-6-1BlackwoodDuclair
Fri, Oct 27@

Carolina
L3-00-7-1KahkonenKahkonen
Sun, Oct 29@

Washington
L3-10-8-1BlackwoodBlackwood

2024-2025 San Jose Sharks 1st 9 games = 42 Goals

DATEOPPONENTRESULTW-L-OTLGOALIETOP PERFORMER
Thu, Oct 10vs

St. Louis
L5-4 OT0-0-1BlackwoodToffoli
Sat, Oct 12vs

Anaheim
L2-00-1-1VanecekVanecek
Tue, Oct 15@

Dallas
L3-2 SO0-1-2BlackwoodBlackwood
Thu, Oct 17@

Chicago
L4-20-2-2VanecekGranlund
Fri, Oct 18@

Winnipeg
L8-30-3-2BlackwoodToffoli
Sun, Oct 20vs

Colorado
L4-10-4-2VanecekEklund
Tue, Oct 22@

Anaheim
L3-10-5-2BlackwoodBlackwood
Thu, Oct 24@

Los Angeles
L3-20-6-2BlackwoodGranlund

10/26/24 @Vegas 7-3 so far Vanecek

The defense this year is worst than last year

Reactions: Sandisfan

PeePeeMcGee

Mar 9, 2024
From Sheng Peng

"Good" news for Warsofsky: He's still a couple games from the worst start to an NHL coaching career ever. Andre Tourigny lost his first 11 games (0-10-1) with the Arizona Coyotes in 2021-22"
And I'd argue Tourigny was in a better position in terms of the team he inherited in 2021-22 than Warsofsky is right now. And he's still Utah's coach

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I don't see a team in the league that the Sharks have a shot against. One aspect of development is having a culture where you want to come to work and perform. When does that negative culture kick in? Ok, so you are not going to fire Warsofsky. What are you going to do?

Make the entire team read the "Horror Bad" thread on the Main board.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I don't see a team in the league that the Sharks have a shot against. One aspect of development is having a culture where you want to come to work and perform. When does that negative culture kick in? Ok, so you are not going to fire Warsofsky. What are you going to do?
Who built this mess? Can probably start there

PeePeeMcGee

Mar 9, 2024
Firing Grier is probably a step I'm not willing to take right now if I ran this team. This team needed a teardown and the pool itself is promising. Honestly, the only "answer" I currently believe in, push through the dookie.

If you're stuck with a defensive group that is currently playing 1 NHL solid defensemen (Walman), you're going to be terrible.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This is the hard part. Grier has done a commendable job with the teardown and the amateur scouting department is doing a good job. The pro scouting department on the other hand, hasn't created much confidence in their ability to identify and acquire good players.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Still cleaning up the prior guy's mess. GM's are usually the last ones to fall on a sword, but they also only get to hire so many coaches before the owner's gaze turns elsewhere.

At any rate, nobody fires a GM midseason and we're still waiting to see Celebrini.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is the hard part. Grier has done a commendable job with the teardown and the amateur scouting department is doing a good job. The pro scouting department on the other hand, hasn't created much confidence in their ability to identify and acquire good players.

This is Kunin slander and some people will not stand for it. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Star Platinum

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I'm still not going to totally lose all hope for this team until Celebrini comes back and plays around 10 games. After that I may have an opinion. I mean all of you saw the difference with Celebrini and without, he can single handedly bring so much of that missing leadership, talent and poise that this team needs.
We need Celebrini much more than we knew.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake

Look up the chain. Who let things linger for so long before actually turning over the GM position? How many seasons did that delay put us behind?

In spite of what the the actual hockey personnel might produce they are hindered by working for our management….

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'm still not going to totally lose all hope for this team until Celebrini comes back and plays around 10 games. After that I may have an opinion. I mean all of you saw the difference with Celebrini and without, he can single handedly bring so much of that missing leadership, talent and poise that this team needs.
We need Celebrini much more than we knew.
I mean, I would be with except for the fact the team did play with a bit of jump for the first few games. Celebrini comes back to this group, and they may lose 7-4 instead of 7-3.

This club places too much emphasis on “vets who play the right way” and don’t hold them accountable in anyway. They’re not better defensively, they’re not responsible players, they’re just role players to fill gaps in lineups, they shouldn’t be what you’re building your lineup around.

We know the defence group is abhorrent. But outside of scratching Benning, they haven’t tried anything else. We’ve had 9 games of Ferraro-Rutta tire fire and they’re still be deployed.

The bullshit “who else is there?” is lazy. This team/lineup doesn’t work and has never worked - why are we persisting with it. It can’t really get worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad